pH meters

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Can you guys recommend a decent pH meter? I've literally just fried my 2nd "hobby" meter (the orange disposable one) on its 3rd day by dropping it in water. Have tried drying it out but it's gone. This 2nd one needed calibrating much more frequently than the first, which seemed to hold calibration much better (both same brand).

I've read Hanna are overpriced and unreliable, and I don't think I can afford Bluelab. What's your experience with pH meters? What's a good one?

T

thcnology

I've been using a Hanna HI9813 for a few years with no problems, had to replace the probe once, that was like sixty bucks, think I paid 200 for it to begin with?

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Hey FF, I use a Hannah HI98129 to measure PH and so far I've had great experience with it.

I've also replaced the probe on this pen due to an accident, I was swabbing it too hard with a q-tip, and that cost me about $48 off amazon. All I use is storage solution and cleaner solution when gunk builds up around the electrode, no calibration solution needed so far.

http://advancedtechlighting.com/phppmmeters.htm

K

kanapinis

i am planin to grow.. i just read about first.. can some1 explain me what is ph test???

Top Bottom