PH need to knows

• Thread starter Kush-breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kush-breeder

hello everyone at the farm. im a newbie to this game and need some help to get started.im going to be growing 10 deep purple ( TGA ), 6 fem Chocolope ( DNA ) and 5 free seeds from Dinafem seeds I have a few questions.

1 i will have 5 plants growing in 100% perlite. ive seen a couple grows and they were keeying there ph around 5.8. what is the correct PH when growing in 100% perlite?

2 i will have 16 more plants in peat:perlite:wormcastings at a ratrio of 4:4:2. my understanging is that correct soil ph is 6.8. what is correct soil ph?

3 how do i properly measure my ph. do i use a soil ph reader? or is my run off the ph of my medium?

4 do i use lower ph levels like 5.8 to keep the ph of my soil at 6.8 ?

5 what should my ph be at when i flush my soil and my 100% perlite?

6 how often should i flush my soil medium and my 100% perlite medium ?

thanks

C

calicaretaker

hey bud. im new here but as far as i know PH is not affected by perlite. im pretty sure you want to use a 5.6-6.0 ph. measured at the nute res. good to check run off as well. is there a reason your using straight perlite? add some coco mabey? hygromite, or diatom rocks are sweet too.

K

Kush-breeder

hey. I am using 100% perlite to let as much air to these girls as possible and i dont want the extra cost of buying diatom rocks ect. the plants in soil will be grow out and cloned to find mothers. the others will be flowered after 1 month of veg. you said ph is 5.6 - 6 in perlite. is that the same for soil to?

C

calicaretaker

soil ph should be around 6.5. try adding some coco to the perlite. i tried 100% perlite along time ago. perlite doesnt wick that well(had 2 drip lines per container), the root ball didnt even get to the container edges. coco helps.

K

Kush-breeder

i see what u mean. ill look into another medium to put in there.

D

Dmassive

Coco is my soil medium of choice. It doesn't compact much so it is nice and airy which allows the roots to easily make their way around the container.

Also the ph neutrality of the coco makes for good control of your levels.

K

Kush-breeder

Coco is my soil medium of choice. It doesn't compact much so it is nice and airy which allows the roots to easily make their way around the container.

Also the ph neutrality of the coco makes for good control of your levels.

I have decided to use 40% coco 40% perlite 20% worm castings. and i have a few questions for u my friend lol

1 what is the proper ph for this medium in veg and in early mid and late flowering?

2 how often do u flush?

Top Bottom