pH of 2.5 run-off???

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So I have never watered with a pH of less than 5.2.

I checked the first runoff yesterday after watering with 5.3, and then run-off was reading 2.5.

Meter is fine. I triple checked it. Added silicate to bring water up to 6.5. Watered. runoff measured 6.5.

WTF?

This is my first time growing in coco. Has this happened to anybody else, and if so, do they know why?

This is in 50/50 chunky perlite/black gold. I was only watering once every three days, but as of about 7 days ago I water about 3 gallons every day with 30% runoff (1 gallon).

The plants look fine, in fact they look healthier now that I upped the EC on them from 1.1 to 1.6.

DTW.

Here is the thread:

Just skip to the last page to see the kosher kush on espalier. You can see the difference in growth over a 10 day period.

L

Louisiana

Did you take the 2.5 reading more than once?...?? I'm baffled actually. I always water with 6.1 in 100% coco 3gallon smart pots and my run off is between 6.0 and 6.2. Never had it differ so much! That's crazy? Please let me know if you figure it out.

Neoangelo147

Neoangelo147

Did you make sure you flushed your coco out before putting it in pots?Could have been salt that came with your coco when you bought it and they are slowly dissolving every time you water so its dropping your ph level.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Did you make sure you flushed your coco out before putting it in pots?Could have been salt that came with your coco when you bought it and they are slowly dissolving every time you water so its dropping your ph level.

seems like this might be your problem, im not in coco but it sounds about right

can anyone else agree with this?very interested to find out

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I used black gold. supposed to be sterile and neutralized. These plants have been vegging under 1000k's for about three weeks. Runoff has been normal. this is not like the very first run off.

Now its all good. the plants are thriving since I bumped it up to 1.6 EC using the jacks formula. All the new growth is dark green and they have grown about a foot in like 3 days. run off is coming out like 6.0

Im just not gonna worry about it. I triple checked it, and checked my meter. Too weird.

Cort

Cort

When is the last time you changed the batteries in your meter?

Mine was tossing off some funky readings, thought I dropped it once too often. On a whim I changed batteries and boom, worked like new again.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
You're meter must have been dried out, or otherwise malfuntioning. PH 2.5 is extremely acidic, your plants would be dead.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Meter is perfect BS. Triple checked it with other solutions. Tap water tested the same it always does, as did all my other reservoirs.

Top Bottom