Ph Pics, What Level Do You Think?

• Thread starter jinxjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jinxjj

Pics attached, what do you think my pH is at? I am saying around 7-8? Guessing i need to get this closer to 6.5? I am growing in soil using regular tap water.

Ph pics what level do you think
Ph pics what level do you think 2
Ph pics what level do you think 3
Ph pics what level do you think 4
Ph scale
Camdawg

Camdawg

Yeah drops really eat up time compared to a meter. You can get a cheap ph meter but they usually aren't waterproof which is the lesson my butterfinger ass learned the hard way.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Yeah drops really eat up time compared to a meter. You can get a cheap ph meter but they usually aren't waterproof which is the lesson my butterfinger ass learned the hard way.
Plus after I mix up my Nuts there's no way in Hell you can see colors

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

if you're on the drops you want orange...if youre not seeing the color accurately use less water in the test and more drops it'll show through other dyes. I always look for anything in the orange range, 5.5-6.5 is good.

J

jinxjj

Wow thanks for all the replies! All the pics are of the same test, just in different lighting, it was hard to get a good pic. I am going to play around and figure out what i need to add to 2L bottle that way i can just store some properly pH'ed water for when i need it. I may have over watered, so waiting a bit for my soil to dry out. Will post up test pics again before i water when they get dry.

J

jinxjj

Let me know where you guys think I should be at. Pics attached for test samples of a 1L bottle of water. There are pics showing 1 to 4 drops of pH down solution added to the sample.

20141130 194928
20141130 195218
20141130 195415
20141130 195711
Top Bottom