Ph/PPM meters what brand are you using?

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eselkopf1

I'm new to hydro and Ive been reading threads like this so long I don't know what to think. Meters are complicated equipment and require maintenance from what I gather. Everyone has a favorite, and everyone has a horror story. Ford vs. Chevy much?? I just found this and it seems like a solid price for what ya get so im gonna go for it.

Just a regular dude trying figure this water thing out but mostly just maiming or pissing my plants off plants and making a mess. Results without meters are dismal, hopefully these help.

Im not affiliated or anything, just trying to pass on what I "think" is a decent deal. Hope im not breaking any rules with the link.

KENT

KENT

it will help, growing without meters would be like working out without knowing how much or little is in you protein shakes

Weedseed420

Weedseed420

Well-Known Farmer
Supporter
I have ran Bluelab pH pens in the past and will no longer buy them. I have gone thru 3 in the last 5yrs. All three got to the point where they were so far off they would no longer calibrate. Not sure if it was something I was doing wrong or not. I never left them in 4. solution like some say you should do. I would just lightly shake them off and put the top back on. All meters were used every day.

Just got a Oakton and it seems to be working great thus far.

No matter what you get I would suggest getting a couple cheap ass ones from ebay as backups.
i have had the same luck with bluelab will nvr buy another oakton is a great ph pen an priced right to stays right on an only need to cal each month love mine

MrBlah

MrBlah

Hanna Instruments have been making the some of the best instruments for water quality analysis for longer than I can remember. A friend of mine, a water quality chemist, only uses Hanna equipment.

boshuter

boshuter

Both my meters are Hanna, I stay away from the combo setups though, if one side quits you either have to buy a whole new meter or a pen or something to replace whichever side went bad. Both my Hanna meters are around 5yrs old and have never given me a problem, I check calibration about once a month.

mirkogrocrop

mirkogrocrop

aside from the fact that they don't honor their warranty... i'm really disappointed with my experience with them. Plus, why can you replace the pH probe, but not the PPM/EC/TDS probe. I'm currently shopping around for a replacement and won't go back to BlueLab. Been looking at Hanna, they have a really nice design thing going on right now but I'd love to hear some other opinions! Thanks in advance.

S

seebobsled

The pH probe does need replacing if dried out or just too old. Don't blame blue labs. All will fail.

S

seebobsled

aside from the fact that they don't honor their warranty... i'm really disappointed with my experience with them. Plus, why can you replace the pH probe, but not the PPM/EC/TDS probe. I'm currently shopping around for a replacement and won't go back to BlueLab. Been looking at Hanna, they have a really nice design thing going on right now but I'd love to hear some other opinions! Thanks in advance.
They did mine!

mirkogrocrop

mirkogrocrop

They did mine!
they said that because the ppm wire at the base of the unit wore out, it was normal wear and tear... the design is bad and with normal use, that is a major weak point. Wish i had your luck bud. Mine was a little over 2 years old, and i thought they carried a 5 year warranty. I am a good customer and am usually very loyal, i was bummed to find out that my issue wasn't "covered." I'm still shopping around if anyone else has had good experience with another company.

mirkogrocrop

mirkogrocrop

The pH probe does need replacing if dried out or just too old. Don't blame blue labs. All will fail.
im talking about the ppm wire and the fact that it wears out at the base of the unit with normal use.

edit, i also keep the ph sensor in pure/7.0 water when not in use.

Top Bottom