pH probe device for soil

• Thread starter smaccio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smaccio

smaccio

Two-plant outdoor fabric pot noob grower here. What's the word on this kind of device? Are they accurate? I get widely divergent readings around the same pot (which is full of hair roots and a 6' flowering GSC plant, I am happy to report).

Ph probe device for soil
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Two-plant outdoor fabric pot noob grower here. What's the word on this kind of device? Are they accurate? I get widely divergent readings around the same pot (which is full of hair roots and a 6' flowering GSC plant, I am happy to report).
I have one of those somewhere. I'll have to dig it up and do a side by side test with a calibrated Blue Labs Soil pH pen. https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-Pens...s=Blue+Labs+Soil+pH+pen&qid=1629324498&sr=8-5

What I hear is those cheap meters aren't very accurate. I don't know that as fact so it would be interesting to do a side by side. My Blue Labs pen was pretty expensive and if there is a cheaper alternative the provides trustworthy results, I'm all for it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They are either right on accurate or way off. They are cheap and the QC on them is minimal.
The pH part is usually far off, but the moisture part is good. If you grow in soil, that alone can make it worth it as it will indicate hydrophobic areas in soil.

Top Bottom