ph problems? Thanks!

• Thread starter NorthenShark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorthenShark

Hey everyone, I've been looking thru all these threads and I see some familiar issues but not the exact 1 I'm looking for. I keep seeing this same theory about if ur ppms are going down and ur ph goes up ur nutrients are to weak and if ur ppms go up and ur ph goes down there to strong. We'll my problem is my ppms are going down and my ph is goin down and my water levels goin down. Everything is goin down lol. Example: Yesterday my ppm was at 600 my ph was 5.3. Today I'm at 580 and ph is at 4.6. I'm 4 weeks in 2 flowering I'm running DM gold A&B and BB and zone + h202. Do u guy's think I need 2 flush or something

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Flush wouldn't hurt

If it keeps fighting ya, def flush

A lil more info woundnt hurt. Rez size? Plants healthy? Roots healthy? Do you usually keep pH at 5.3?

N

NorthenShark

Flush wouldn't hurt

If it keeps fighting ya, def flush

A lil more info woundnt hurt. Rez size? Plants healthy? Roots healthy? Do you usually keep pH at 5.3?
I dont have a top off rez. Everything looks good. No i usually keep it around 5.6.

20131005 013248
20131005 013123
20131005 013210
N

NorthenShark

If it is maybe that's why my ph is goin down. I just added straight ro to it today brought the ppm to 450 and 5.6 ph. See how it looks tomorrow.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
how's it going NS? and yes, the last pic looks like nute burn.

Capfan

Capfan

why the Peroxide with the zone ? You adding the h202 every so often ?

N

NorthenShark

how's it going NS? and yes, the last pic looks like nute burn.
Hey papa not to good thanks for asking. I cant seem to figure out this ph problem. So i drained the system out and just filled it with ro water and i let it run for 24hrs then i drained it and filled it with fresh water and nutes at 350 ppms my ph was 5.8 yestersay and right now its 4.2. WTF?

Capfan

Capfan

Zone itself should be doin the trick, how often you adding peroxide?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
don't believe everything you read. consider the source before following the advice.

h2o2 and zone are used for the same purpose, to keep your water bacteria-free, sterile. use zone at the prescribed levels and there isn't a need for the h2o2. i don't know enough about chemistry to know if that's your prob . . . . but it isn't helping anything.

i could use some more info. what you have happening is not normal, nor good.

what is "BB"? what are your water temps? how many plants are you running? 8 gal or 13 gal buckets? how white (or not) are your roots? when did the pH dropping start? what have the weekly averages of your nutes been, you mentioned that you had them at 600 and recently you dropped them to 350?

from what i can see in your pics, it doesn't look bad . . . . but crazy numbers mean that something isn't right . . . . and the scale of those roots is not optimal. by flip time your bucket should be full of roots.

N

NorthenShark

BB stands for big bud from advanced nutes.My water temps are 63, running 20, 13gal buckets. My roots have a hint of tan 2 them but look pretty good 2 me. I'll take some pics. They dont fill the whole bucket yet. The ph start dropping when I took the ppms to 650

N

NorthenShark

don't believe everything you read. consider the source before following the advice.

h2o2 and zone are used for the same purpose, to keep your water bacteria-free, sterile. use zone at the prescribed levels and there isn't a need for the h2o2. i don't know enough about chemistry to know if that's

your prob . . . . but it isn't helping anything.

i could use some more info. what you have happening is not normal, nor good.

what is "BB"? what are your water temps? how many plants are you running? 8 gal or 13 gal buckets? how white (or not) are your roots? when did the pH dropping start? what have the weekly averages of your nutes been, you mentioned that you had them at 600 and recently you dropped them to 350?

from what i can see in your pics, it doesn't look bad . . . . but crazy numbers mean that something isn't right . . . . and the scale of those roots is not optimal. by flip time your bucket should be full of roots.
That pic of the roots that I posted before is a runt of the bunch it's not doin as good as the others I think that one might have a little bit of rot I cut all the dark spots off and soaked it in zone and some bleach

Top Bottom