Ph Question - Tap Water Is 8.9 -clackimus Coots Organic Soil

• Thread starter HazePhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HazePhase

Hello everyone,
I had a quick question and I was hoping to get some help from some experienced individuals.

I was told with my soil I don't need to keep adjusting my PH.
(Clackimus Coots Organic Soil but with added dolomite lime)

I was adjusting it down with Lemon juice to 6.5 but I just watered in my Coots Organic soil with dolomite lime and my water was 8.9 - 9.1 PH tap water.
Is that going to be an issue?
Would I be better lowering the PH with something other than organic lemon juice?
Any other tips or tricks?

On week two since breaking through ground.
Thanks Everyone

Funk junky

Funk junky

From my experience and from what I've read soil has buffers unescicery to change ph with soil if it is made for our interests! I did it for years with phosphoric acid once I stopped this practice everything improved!! If your worried test your run off. Dolomites lime can amend your soil but only in one direction think alkaline but memory rusty. Hope I could help but I'm semi skilled not the real deal yet! Hope I helped

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hello everyone,
I had a quick question and I was hoping to get some help from some experienced individuals.

I was adjusting it down with Lemon juice to 6.5 but I just watered in my Coots Organic soil with dolomite lime and my water was 8.9 - 9.1 PH tap water.
Would I be better lowering the PH with something other than organic lemon juice?

Thanks Everyone
Lower ph with white vinegar get your tap water right first .

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hello everyone,

Thanks Everyone

Get a PH down solution that PH is not good for the lil ones If the lemon juice isn't working I prob need to switch to bottled PH solution also I would recommend good clean water I get all my water form a water store that goes through 6 stages of filtration it's $1.50 for 5 gallons well worth it and u don't have to have water sitting out to remove the clorine and what not just something to look into hope this came off as helpful and not telling u what to do :) happy growing

H

HazePhase

Get a PH down solution that PH is not good for the lil ones If the lemon juice isn't working I prob need to switch to bottled PH solution also I would recommend good clean water I get all my water form a water store that goes through 6 stages of filtration it's $1.50 for 5 gallons well worth it and u don't have to have water sitting out to remove the clorine and what not just something to look into hope this came off as helpful and not telling u what to do :) happy growing

Due to my soil using a ph down would kill everything beneficial in it.

Lemon juice has been working but people say not to use it don't know why.

I can buy distilled or RO water but may get expensive.

Here is a report on my tap water.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hey brother! I would consider letting it sit for 24 hours before using to get rid of the chlorine. The notion that organic soils don't need pHing is hogwash and one of the many examples of stoner think that gets passed around like a pipe. Anyone who tells you that you don't need to pH, obviously dosn't have 9.1 pH out of the tap. Plants can adjust pH through exudates but at a cost and I believe only small and slow changes near the root zone.
Nothing against @Funk junky though, wasn't picking on them!

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Lemon juice has been working but people say not to use it don't know why.

I can buy distilled or RO water but may get expensive.

Here is a report on my tap water.

If your water is readin 8.9 or above u need to lower that. using a ph down solution wouldn't kill anything your roots will not be able to properly absorb any nutrients at that high a level have you checked you run off water? So uv been using lemon juice and it has been working and now it's not right? Water from a water store is RO water and 1.50 for 5 gallons that is an option but if I are fine adjusting your tap water and taking the added steps then do what feels right to u "to cross the same river there is usually more then one path"

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah I've gotta admit I've never had ph that high out of tap! And homesteader is right about letting water sit for 24 hours to let chlorine
Dissipate fortunately you don't seem to have chloramine in your water which is chlorine and amonia. Good luck

IMG 0001
Funk junky

Funk junky

Oops trying to upload photos not post in thread sorry people newbie

IMG 0008
IMG 0009
IMG 0011
IMG 0013
IMG 0022
IMG 0043
IMG 0061
Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah it's just I read a moderator was pissed people were not uploading to site then adding but I asked someone and that's the button they said. Have contacted one of the mods cause in post from other mod was talk of banning people!

H

HazePhase

Here is a link to my tap water information.
I am no genius with this stuff and it's my first grow but I am here to learn :)
Thanks Everyone.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I agree with Homesteader. If nothing else, let the water sit out for a day. I do think (and I'm no expert) that you'll start seeing lockout at some point, though, regardless of whether or not you let the water sit out.

Dan789

Dan789

My municipality supplied water from the tap is also ranging in the 8.5-9.0 range. I add my nutrients, and then adjust ph to where I want it. All my water is aged while bubbled prior (for a few days) to use to help get the chorine and other stuff out. If you're adding molasses that lowers ph by itself but you've got to check where it ends up, to make sure it's not too acidic.

H

HazePhase

I agree with Homesteader. If nothing else, let the water sit out for a day. I do think (and I'm no expert) that you'll start seeing lockout at some point, though, regardless of whether or not you let the water sit out.

I went out and bought some citric acid.
I am going to let my water sit out at least 24 hours and then adjust it with citric acid to get it down to 6.5
:)

WonderDawg

WonderDawg

Bro, that's simply not true. The idea that you wouldn't need to control your ph in an organic medium is a complete myth when it comes to cannabis. You can use a natural PH down from a grow shop and it won't kill a single thing in your medium. Your PH is way too high and you are sure to lock out nutrients at that range. It's worth it to get your ph down to an ideal range.

H

HazePhase

Bro, that's simply not true. The idea that you wouldn't need to control your ph in an organic medium is a complete myth when it comes to cannabis. You can use a natural PH down from a grow shop and it won't kill a single thing in your medium. Your PH is way too high and you are sure to lock out nutrients at that range. It's worth it to get your ph down to an ideal range.

I never said I wouldn't have to adjust the PH but with my Soil, adding ph down would kill all Thebes's microbes that I've been building up.

If you read above I had mentioned I used citric acid and usually adding a pinch to 5 gallons brings it down from 9.0 to 7.0 which is what I use.

Top Bottom