PH Question.....

• Thread starter DANKSY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
I am a little confused when it comes to ph. I was reading a thread and they were talking about watering with nutes with a range of 4.3 and when they tested the runoff it was at 6.5. and the plants were loving it. My question is do i need to adjust the ph if the the runoff comes out at 6.5? If i dont, over time, will it lower the ph of the soil? Thanks...

T

Time

If your run off is 6.5 you should be OK.

PH adjusting your nutes and/or water helps keep things stable.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
If I ph it to 6.5 and it comes out 5.8 , what should i do?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
at 6.5? will once do it? i have been ph the nutes at 6.5, what would cause the drop?

G

gronnh20

The ph dropped because there is too much nutes in the soil. Like the above post flush.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
ok, so i flushed and i am gettin a reading of 6.3.. i have 3 gallon pots and i flushed with 9 gallons and it doesnt seem to want to rise above 6.3.. what would be my next step?

sedate

sedate

6.3 sounds good for a pot plant.

Why are you stressing your ph anyway? Is the plant sick?

S

SSHZ

If your pH run out is lower than the water pH going in, it's time to flush.......... As previously stated, fertilizer is acidic and lowers pH. Add lime to raise low pH to an acceptable number.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
sedate yes i am getting weird lockout looking symptoms.. all random..

sshz... i have flushed.. but the ph wont raise anymore... should i apply hydrated lime to raise the ph? if so, what kind of ratio.......

D

Dr Tweed

hey guye i have a question might be silly but here it is ...
if your ph going in is 6.3 and run off is lower,flush ye ok but whta if your ph going in is 6.3 and run off is higher say 7 or 7.5 same thing flush with 6.3 water to adjust????

M

Mr.Flush

In the first time should you to adjust the water Ph 6,5 and in the flush Ph 5,5

R

Revolt!

hey guye i have a question might be silly but here it is ...
if your ph going in is 6.3 and run off is lower,flush ye ok but whta if your ph going in is 6.3 and run off is higher say 7 or 7.5 same thing flush with 6.3 water to adjust????

Flush with about 5.9 water until run-off is around 6.0-6.5. 6.0-6.5 is very acceptable ph range for soil grown plants. Anything above 7 is too high, anything below 5.9 is too low. 6.4-6.5 seems primo for growing good soil cannabis!

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Flush with about 5.9 water until run-off is around 6.0-6.5. 6.0-6.5 is very acceptable ph range for soil grown plants. Anything above 7 is too high, anything below 5.9 is too low. 6.4-6.5 seems primo for growing good soil cannabis!

Im having this same exact issue..

Im running FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil

im using the BioCanna line with rhizitonic, cannazyme, calmag, silica blast, and flora blend.. (using less than the recommended dosage)

I pH my solution at around 6.3-6.4 and for some reason the runoff is jumping up to 6.9-7.0???

what could cause my pH to jump up that much??

ive already flushed several times before to get the pH to around 6.5, yet it keeps rising?

should i pH my nute solution lower than 6.3? :evilgrin0040:

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

i am also using beneficials in the root zone as well.. is that causing high pH?

A

ace

Seems like you all could avoid a headache if you add (don't quote me on this) 1 tbs of hydrated powdered lime per gal of soil. So when you go to get your soil ready just add the lime mix well and it should stabalize it...

Once again, don't quote me on that. But it has been working for me the past half year or so.

Ace

S

Spaceman3

Will adding Lime have any knock on effects? It may balance pH but then cause other problems?

I

imbecile

hi i am using promix bx some is just straight promix the rest are 50/50 promix/perlite.... my ph is staying 7.0ish....my water is ro and 6.0 ... nute solution 6.1....what should i do?

S

SSHZ

Agricultural lime (not hydrated lime) should be added at a rate of 1 cup per cu. ft. of soil. Or 1 tablespoon per gallon of pot. This helps raise pH and offset the lowering caused by the salts in the fertilizer. I use promix and water with 6.1-6.2 pH water. My r.o. water is always between 5.8-6.0. You want your run-off in the 6.7-6.8 area........ the pro-mix medium naturally turns acidic over time so it helps to raise your pH level slightly when you are later in flowering.

Top Bottom