pH questions...

• Thread starter chronic.player
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chronic.player

chronic.player

Currently growing/sCrogging using coco with good results with the 'Big Ricky' recipe...trying to optimize ;-)

So I always pH adjust nutriants, my question is should I always ajust pH when adding worm or guano teas? Or during the final 2 week flush?

Seems like the tea should handle itself...but inquiring mind(s) want too know.

Thanks for any insight...

S

Snow Crash

Currently growing/sCrogging using coco with good results with the 'Big Ricky' recipe...trying to optimize ;-)

So I always pH adjust nutriants, my question is should I always ajust pH when adding worm or guano teas? Or during the final 2 week flush?

Never heard of the "Big Ricky" recipe but it sounds like an organic compost tea. In that case, I'm assuming you're running an organic system in coco.

Between the tea and the coco you shouldn't have too many issues so long as the solution pH is somewhere between 6.0 and 6.8 on a regular basis.

During the last 20 days or so I like to run a slightly higher pH to assist in Phosphorus uptake. Coco is pretty foolproof when it comes to pH so long as you're within a reasonable margin.

hiboy

hiboy

Always have your ph set to 6.0 or as close as u can keep it. Even during flush, rinse, any water at all moving thru
hiboy

phenophinder

phenophinder

I vary my pH from 5.7-6.1 depending on the specific nutrient uptake I am trying to achieve, but you can't go wrong with 6.0 for the life of the plant in coco.

Love this medium

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

I ph the water before and after I add nutrients... It works for me. I use 5.8 in veg and move it up 0.2 every week untill it gets to 7.0 in flower. For a haze I do .01 every week. Just watch out that the teas dont have to much cal in them. You can use a cal test for saltwater aquariums there cheap and work well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

I have used the BR formula to great success, although I had to adjust down the amounts both of FNB and the FFBB. Anyway, yes, I would pH the teas as well, and I do pH the teas. I don't pH during the final flushing days, but others do differently.

You can also use molasses very well/easily using the BR formula, especially during the last month or so, at a rate of 1tsp/gal or 1T/5gals. You may need to reduce Ca/Mg supplements when you give the molasses, but I personally reduce it and then drop it for the last four weeks before harvey.
Never heard of the "Big Ricky" recipe but it sounds like an organic compost tea. In that case, I'm assuming you're running an organic system in coco.

Between the tea and the coco you shouldn't have too many issues so long as the solution pH is somewhere between 6.0 and 6.8 on a regular basis.

During the last 20 days or so I like to run a slightly higher pH to assist in Phosphorus uptake. Coco is pretty foolproof when it comes to pH so long as you're within a reasonable margin.
Wow, as high as 6.8? That's a soil pH in my world, I've never had anything grow well if I don't keep pH (in coco) tightly between 5.8-6.2, though sometimes allowing it to drift lower is alright and doesn't seem to lock anything out.

Btw, the Big Ricky formula isn't compost tea, it's actually an incredibly simple feeding regimen using Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom (along with the Ca & Mg supplementation, and later in flower you need your bloom boosters such as Koolbloom).

Latest posts

Top Bottom