Ph run off fox farm ocean forest

• Thread starter Quadscrusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Quadscrusher

Hello I am having problems with my plants and noticed ph run off in ffof is 4.4 is that normal for 7.0 going in? Or to many nutes or something

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello I am having problems with my plants and noticed ph run off in ffof is 4.4 is that normal for 7.0 going in? Or to many nutes or something
I checked a fresh bag not too long ago I forget exactly what it was I think it was maybe 700 PPM and 6.3 - 5 it was in the zone

Variation has to do with how and how long it's been stored. I had a bag that have been sitting around a local Hydro Store recently and it was kind of wet & nasty and it was maybe 17-1800 ppm & pH was quite low too so yeah, agree and you got to do a slurry test or you're just chasing demons

Q

Quadscrusher

I checked a fresh bag not too long ago I forget exactly what it was I think it was maybe 700 PPM and 6.3 - 5 it was in the zone

Variation has to do with how and how long it's been stored. I had a bag that have been sitting around a local Hydro Store recently and it was kind of wet & nasty and it was maybe 17-1800 ppm & pH was quite low too so yeah, agree and you got to do a slurry test or you're just chasing demons
Good info thanks whats a slurry test like a table spoon mixed into water?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Good info thanks whats a slurry test like a table spoon mixed into water?
1 tbsp of soil to 2 tbsp of distilled or RO water is a good ratio. stir it for a minute let it sit for 15 minutes and then take your reading

check out Dolomite lime see if it's for you, since I started using it as directed it's corrected my low ph

Moshmen

Moshmen

1 tbsp of soil to 2 tbsp of distilled or RO water is a good ratio. stir it for a minute let it sit for 15 minutes and then take your reading

check out Dolomite lime see if it's for you, since I started using it as directed it's corrected my low ph
Mine too!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Reasoning?
amended soil isnt an inert medium like rockwool, coco, peat. Measuring the runoff you arent sure when you see 1300 ppm and a ph of 4.6 that that is actually what is in the root zone or the runoff from the amendments ect. Slurry test will give you a better reading in a situation like this. Testing runoff really isnt a great method anyways. It will give you an idea and can steer you in a direction but what is happening around the root zone and what is coming out of the medium is usually 2 different things. A lot of that is affected by moisture.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

amended soil isnt an inert medium like rockwool, coco, peat. Measuring the runoff you arent sure when you see 1300 ppm and a ph of 4.6 that that is actually what is in the root zone or the runoff from the amendments ect. Slurry test will give you a better reading in a situation like this. Testing runoff really isnt a great method anyways. It will give you an idea and can steer you in a direction but what is happening around the root zone and what is coming out of the medium is usually 2 different things. A lot of that is affected by moisture.
my damn hero hahaah

Top Bottom