Ph Soil During Flowering

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

The question- I did a soil pH test for a problem detailed below and I came back super alkaline at 7.5. Could I add wood ash as a top dressing and water to slowly lower the soil pH?
Also since I have been using mutes for about 2 1/2 months will this release too many stored nutrients? I don't want to shock them since they have been this way for so long. Or should I just focus on the pH of the water/bites I give them from here out. I didn't have the money for a pH meter in the beginning and just got lazy with it I guess.

First grow
smart fabric pots ( mostly 5 and a few 10 gallons)
growing in soil, topped with straw (summer was hot)
in a green house with a supplemental 300 W LED and supplemental heat
unknown strains. Most are Sativa dominant but some are more Indica
Nutes- Roots organic Grow and Bloom
I feed two times in a row and then just water (well water). Last tested it was nutreal.

I'm at the end of week 3 of flowering.
I understand different strains have different needs. Still in my learning curve as many others are. I had some yellowing on some of my plants (about 5) this last week. At first it was just in the lower 2/3 of the plants. This afternoon when I went to check on them it had progressed a little higher one plant, more in the upper 1/3.

Two feedings ago I left out the grow portion and added some beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae. Assuming this is a Nitrogen deficiency I added back in on the last feeding.

Thanks for any help.

Ph soil during flowering
Ph soil during flowering 2
Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
K.I.S.S. It means keep it simple stupid. Saw your other post. Flush your plants. Let them dry out a bit then give nutes. Your list of nutes are pretty heavy. Mellow out on over newting. . I feel your a little paranoid on the yellows, it happens, it is nature taking its course. These outdoor plants? Or indoor?

Irish063

Irish063

Yeah I try and remember that motto a lot. I try not to let a few random leaves hear and there bother me. Shocked me when I saw it throughout several plants though.

What other post are you referring to? I only ask because compared to what I see I wouldn't think I'm using a ton of bites. I put a picture up for comparison in another farmers post.
I appreciate the help. Again. It's only my first go so I'll take all the info/advice I can get.

Flushed them last night with rain water from our collection barrel. Figured that was the best to do. Let them stabilize a little.
They are outside in a greenhouse.
Thought maybe it was due to lower levels of sunlight as well but these two in the pictures get more than the rest from where they are and the arc of the sun.

Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

Well crap! Even with giving it a few days of monitoring I guess I was still hasty. My internet was down all evening so I couldn't see this response.
I put on a small amount and only did a very very light watering. Hopefully it didn't shock/stressthem too much. I'll have to take it off this weekend. :-(
Thanks for your help Seamaiden

Bannacis

Bannacis

Well water can also cause problems if not careful. Through out the months its ph ecc ppm will fluctuate to different levels, depending on the rains and draughts. the mineral content will change. just be aware.

Irish063

Irish063

True. I forget to consider that.
You can definitely see a difference in the water after a rain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom