pH swing

• Thread starter Growboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growboy

Growboy

Yesterday ph in uc was 6 today 5.8 ppm dropped very little but shouldnt ph go up when ppm are being taken up? I am using cultured solutions water temp stays around 65 water level didnt move much week three of veg.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

What's your ppm doing? Rising, dropping? How do your roots look? U may just need to lower ppm a notch

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Your still in the sweet spot for Ph just leave it alone and watch, when it gets to 5.5 or so time to do something. It is normal for Ph to move around some and chasing Ph is a waste of time and stresses the plants. I run from 5.4 to 6.1 as long as it's in between I do nothing unless ppm drops then I top load some more nutrients.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

If ppm is dropping and roots look good I'm with woodsman... I wouldnt stress it unless it gets below 5.5...small fluctuations in ph are normal....

Growboy

Growboy

so its normal for the ph to swing down .2 if it was .5 down 6 ph to 5.5 ph then i would want to check roots for problems but .2 down is ok

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I wouldn't say it's the norm but it happens... Just keep a close eye on things...it shouldn't continue to drop... Depending on how your taking your readings (ie) constant read or a combo meter there are other variables that could give u a small variance in readings .. Water temp when taking readings, air bubbles blowing right on the probe..etc.

Growboy

Growboy

the probe for ph is a blue lab it figures in the temp i did know it was normal to swing up. i was told that a ph swing down can be a sign of a problem.
thank you for all your help will watch if it moves any more down i would have changed out system but i am move to 12/12 system so not to much of a problem. thanks

Growboy

Growboy

new question in picture what do you guys think? it is from seed

Week4day221
Top Bottom