ph/tds meter

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i know these are the cheap ones but i purchased a ph and tds/ppm meter and a soil tester
Phtds meter
Phtds meter 2
Phtds meter 3
and some ph up and down does anyone use these exact ones ?

Glassdub

Glassdub

I have been using a cheap under 15 buck since my HM Com-100 went bad & I had to wait replacement, been so happy I haven't pulled out the replacement Com-100, until today (when I got a read that seemed off), I've always been confused on what PPM setting to use .5 or .7, I'm assuming .5 as the read is just a bit higher than the cheepo one (which only has one PPM option) whereas the .7 is much higher, is this correct??? 🤔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have been using a cheap under 15 buck since my HM Com-100 went bad & I had to wait replacement, been so happy I haven't pulled out the replacement Com-100, until today (when I got a read that seemed off), I've always been confused on what PPM setting to use .5 or .7, I'm assuming .5 as the read is just a bit higher than the cheepo one (which only has one PPM option) whereas the .7 is much higher, is this correct??? 🤔
Almost everyone uses 500 scale. 0.5. The 700 scale is i believe European? The best imo even though everyone talks ppm is to use EC as tgis is the same no matter what meter you use. The ppm is the EC translated by scale to ppm and I believe there are 3 different scales for ppm. So if you use EC your response will always be accurate to your meter.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i know these are the cheap ones but i purchased a ph and tds/ppm meter and a soil tester View attachment 989994View attachment 989995View attachment 989996and some ph up and down does anyone use these exact ones ?
Cheap ppm meter no issue....

Cheap PH meter maybe maybe not an issue....

As long as you have a way to validate and calibrate the ph meter your golden... cheap or expensive the usual difference is going to be life of the probe. If looked after well they can last yrs and yrs. If not they can be crap in no time.

Always keep the prob wet. For best storage keep in a KCL solution to preserve the probe as long as possible. Buying a meter that has replacement probes is not a bad idea.

I have an apera and a blue lab. I prefer my blue lab for the 2 point calibration. But I dont believe I can get a replacement probe for it. The apera I can

Bbonez

Bbonez

I bought a cheap one like the one in the bottom picture, lasted less than one grow. Amazon refunded me but I wanted something more reliable so I got this one a few weeks ago.
20201223 195313

Glassdub

Glassdub

I noticed my runoff PPMs starting to rise on 2/6 plants about 200ppm above solution last water, decided to give it another water to see if the trend continued & it indeed did half way though all are running high with slightly acid pH of 5.7-5.8, I think I'm going to straight water next time.
A side from this the plants look great stretching more this time (topping at 30" 2.5 week into flowering).

Top Bottom