ph up , whats a replacement

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

20north

can you use baking soda to bring your ph up what is a good ph up that is around the house and isnt those spendy GH bottles

convex

convex

Aquarium pH conditioners are a cheap alternative.
Bicarbonate is not stable in the long run and you will still experience pH swing after a day or two.

S

SweetIslandFunk

Well I'm sure that you can, it serves as a base.
when balancing PH you got your acid(-) and your base(+)
but idk about what sort of reaction the plants would have to the banking soda so i would recommend just going out and buying your PH up and down just to be safe.

C

chickenn

ph up and down are cheap as shit, and even come in organic. i wouldn't cheap out on the ph.

S

ShorelineTex

EDIT - OOPS! you said pH up...my bad. If you're soil, you can use dolomite lime pretty safely, and I think it will even buffer it a little for you.

Old message below here:
----

Organic gardeners use sulfur as a regular staple (at least with other species)...you can get horticultural sulfur at the Home Depot, but I'd only use this with soil. If you're hydro, you can totally use aquarium products - I've seen it done.

A bit more info:

http://www.improve-your-garden-soil.com/use-of-sulfur-to-lower-soil-ph.html

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
dude the stuff is like 19 bucks a gallon. That will last you well over a year.

R

Raiderfan420

I use silica, it works very well with some additional benefits. It costs about the same as the ph-up does. just my 2 cents

I

IGKali

I second the silica. Barricade was the best, but for some reason or another advanced discontinued it. Rhino Skin or silica blast will help, as they share a common ingredient with most pHup, Potassium Silicate.

R

Rolln J

now heres a topic that hasn't been covered at least 100 times...

M

Mmmmasonite

Yep.....silica for up....works great to raise ph and strengthen ur plants....naturally......Peace

M

Mmmmasonite

Yeah....Silica Blast.....by Botanicare....uh........and I think a few other companies have it as well.....I am pretty sure that you have to use an airstone in your solution to make it raise the ph..........I sink so mang!

B

bong bandit

nope, you don't need an airstone. i'm using dutch master silica - it definitely brings the ph up, but next time will use the dyna gro brand because i hear it it the most potent concoction. most bang for your buck

M

Mmmmasonite

What I wanna know is....which brand's silica raises PPMs the least? That is the one I want to raise my ph....I don't want any(or very little) NPK in it......That way I can raise the ph without changing nute content....all the while, strengthening my plants with the silica....I am gonna do some research and get back to this thread with it.... unless someone knows....If you do...please post!.........Anyone?

Top Bottom