PH waaaaay messed up...

• Thread starter GI JO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GI JO

GI JO

My meter quite working, not sure when, I tested it last week, that's when I found the problem. After buying a new probe, I gave my plants some food, ppm @ 600, ph@ 6.3. I ran it through one of the plants to test the run-off. Came out at 1230ppm and ph @3.5! They are in pro-mix. So far, things still look good (this happened 2 days ago). Here is a picture, I am not going to do anything unless they start looking real bad.

Any thoughts just in case? I am thinking about sprinking some dolomite lime on top and flush through with straight water at a higher ph? I do have some of caps bennies, mix up a batch just in case? Pray?

Ph waaaaay messed up

socalpunx

socalpunx

dont worry about it,if everything looks fine then your still good

FiveAM

FiveAM

wow. what are you using for ferts that is getting you that low of a ph?

If i have a brain fart or freak out and find some off the wall readings, i'll usually just flush them out until things are back to normal levels(flush, take a reading. flush again as need, take another reading)

Then, refert to what I expect them to be, and things usually turn around fairly quickly.

Although, that pic does look very healthy. So if you don't see any issues develop, dont mess with it! lol

just my 2 cents.

peace

GI JO

GI JO

Had nothing to do with ferts, my ph meter was fucked up for probably a couple of weeks.......when I finally did a 7.0 test, it was readingg 8.4. So everything that I ph'd was at least 1.4 less than I thought. I am keeping a close eye, as long as everything looks ok, I will just carry on.
Just one of the many "incidents" that have happened over the years. Finally gotten to the point where I don't panic as much.

And, to point out the obvious, check your meters regularly!

Last edited:
seaslug

seaslug

My Hanna combo pen pH function went funky after only a couple of weeks usage. Was calibrated and kept in storage solution, too. I'm going back to the reliable General Hydroponics drops.

squiggly

squiggly

Just water through at a higher pH than where you want them until it levels off.

If you want them at 6.0, water through with 6.5--etc.

Don't get drastic or you'll shock the plant, just gradually bring the pH up.

I recommend you test runoff at several different plants spread through the room rather than just one.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:blackeye: dem's some hard nugs, sheeyit.

Top Bottom