Phantom Cmh 315 Air Cooled Hood

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JSmokes420

JSmokes420

LEC=CMH

Interchangeable terms

That said they are capable of a good 4x4 footprint in veg and 3x3 in flower....you would need 2 for a 4x8 tent.....
As for air-cooled, cmh is already dialed for a great spectrum without alot of heat. When you change the bulbs operating temp, you change its spectrum. Not exactly sure how much, but on my DE bulbs it makes a big difference. If you look at the original DE air cooled hoods you will see they flow air past the bulb, changing its temps and color. Newer designs like the AC/DE hood flow air through a separate chamber from the bulb to preserve its temp and spectrum.

Anyways sorry for the long post and I hope that helps

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Bulbs are offered in 2 options for the most part. A single jacket for enclosed hoods, and a double jacket for open fixtures. Please type of guys rocking ac hoods with cmh bulbs. I'm one of them. 4x315 cmh in flower, 3x315 cmh in veg. All in big kahuna ac hoods.

Gen 1 phantom ballasts have had a lot of failure issues. Not sure of the gen 2 ballasts. I'm not a big fan, actually I absolutely HATE anything active air aka hydrofarm products. They are utter garbage.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
With a 400 cfm exhaust and two of those in a 4x8 tent wouldnt it get toasty in there? Arent these open hoods made for full size grow rooms and not tents? Ive only grown with led and I am looking for something that will give bigger colas

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

It would be a lot easier to cool these than the 1000w DEs. They don't put off alot of heat comparatively and air cooled prob not much heat at all. I think they would work great in a tent.

That said if I was gonna do a 4x8, wanted bigger colas, and worried about temps I would run 2 600 watt de Hps air cooled in there.

Why are you limited to 400cfm? Fans are cheap, especially on Craigslist. All the one rounder growers lol.

When I was in a 4x8 tent I had over 3000w of DE power in 3 AC/DE hoods. Had to plumb a 25k btu window AC directly into the tent. Pulled a little over 6lb that run on an OG strain. Wouldn't recommend it though, constant attention was needed to keep everything happy.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It would be a lot easier to cool these than the 1000w DEs. They don't put off alot of heat comparatively and air cooled prob not much heat at all. I think they would work great in a tent.

That said if I was gonna do a 4x8, wanted bigger colas, and worried about temps I would run 2 600 watt de Hps air cooled in there.

Why are you limited to 400cfm? Fans are cheap, especially on Craigslist. All the one rounder growers lol.

When I was in a 4x8 tent I had over 3000w of DE power in 3 AC/DE hoods. Had to plumb a 25k btu window AC directly into the tent. Pulled a little over 6lb that run on an OG strain. Wouldn't recommend it though, constant attention was needed to keep everything happy.
Not limited to 400cfm, thats just the max cfm fan you can get for a 6 inch duct and that light only came with a 6" hood. I would rather run 2k watts hps but in a tent that would even cause heat issues with ac hoods, i imagine.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Actually, I use 6" 440cfm fans. You can always taper down an 8" to a 6" and get more cfm vs a 6". For my veg room, was 3x600 now 3x315 cmh I use 2x 6" 440 fans on speed controllers (how I dial in the heat in my room), and in flower I run 2x 8" 720 cfm fans on speed controllers at 100%, and use my ac or winter air for cooling.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
For two lights and ballasts I would get away cheaper going with the lights I posted first and getting two of them than getting two 600w hps kits.
It would be 800 for lights ballasts and reflectors for hps and I had fan ducting and everything in cart for less than 800 for the 315 chms

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There's a gig ass thread over at the mag about the cmh 315 and 630 set ups. I very strongly suggest to head over there and search. Plenty of guys already tested all cmh set up on and about to hit the market. Some of the 630 setups are failing, one caught the growers floor on fire from explosion.

It's where I got/get all my cmh info from and the reason why I switched from my proven success with hps to all cmh.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

For two lights and ballasts I would get away cheaper going with the lights I posted first and getting two of them than getting two 600w hps kits.
It would be 800 for lights ballasts and reflectors for hps and I had fan ducting and everything in cart for less than 800 for the 315 chms

Craigslist is your friend. Lots of folks buy new shit run one run and sell

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Yeah if I didnt live out in the middle of nowhere, I would have to drive 6 hours to get something from craigslist

ChronicalClouds

ChronicalClouds

Yeah if I didnt live out in the middle of nowhere, I would have to drive 6 hours to get something from craigslist
Yea I know the feeling it’s pretty shitty no having many people let alone growers around to resource with

Top Bottom