• Thread starter phup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phup

All environmental factors are good RH 55, temps 77, leaf canopy temp 74

Sys 2 had ph rise from 5.8-6.0 with Ppm remaining steady at 360
Sys 3 had ph rise from 5.8-5.9 with ppm remaining steady at 260
Aeroflo had ph rise from 5.6-6.0 with ppm dropping from 500 to 490 (0.7 conv)

What's with the ppm's not decreasing? That has been the case for 3 days now even though plants look perky.

Check out the pics to see the progression of these deficiencies. I cannot decide if I am overfeeding, underfeeding or if the plants are locking out. New growth, however, looks pretty good.

My hypothesis is that I am not swinging my ph low enough (having trouble staying below 5.8) and am getting micro nute deficiencies as a result.

Has anybody seen these signs on their leaves before?

Jan 27 afjpg
Jan 27 sys 3jpg
Jan 27 sys 2jpg
I

ir0nLung

if new growth looks good and old growth is showing deficiency (which it is) i would up the feed by a little bit. try emptying the systems and refilling with 450 ppm. i usually start at around 350 and increase to 650 or so during mature veg (.7 conversion). what are you feeding them?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
yes what nutes ? looks like micro deff. more than one curling down leaves sulpher ,rust spots cal. and maybe zinc. make sure you shake the shit out of them nutes too

P

phup

yes what nutes ? looks like micro deff. more than one curling down leaves sulpher ,rust spots cal. and maybe zinc. make sure you shake the shit out of them nutes too

There are 3 sys:
Sys 1 dynabloom and 3ml/gal cal mag
Ppm 390

Sys 2 HG 1ml/gal calmag ppm 360

Sys 3 general hydro ppm 290

All 3 sys show deficiencies

The largest plants, 20" tall in sys 1 exhibit the least signs

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Add some Epsom Salt in system one at 1gram per gallon.

It looks like a deficiency of magnesium, or PH could be off.

If system one gets better you should have your answer.

Cheers!

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
There are 3 sys:
Sys 1 dynabloom and 3ml/gal cal mag
Ppm 390

Sys 2 HG 1ml/gal calmag ppm 360

Sys 3 general hydro ppm 290

All 3 sys show deficiencies

The largest plants, 20" tall in sys 1 exhibit the least signs

ppm too low they should be at 600 to 1000 ppm at 20" they are hungry I would go up to 600 ppm and watch them . are you using a micro nute?

Important Micronutrients

(Cl) Chlorine - This is required for the photosynthetic reactions involved in the production of oxygen

(B) Boron - Used for carbohydrate transport within the plant and also forms complex molecules within certain carbohydrates

(Fe) Iron - Vital for nitrogen fixing and respiration, iron is also a constituent of cytochromes and iron proteins involved in photosynthesis.

(Mn) Manganese - This is required non-specifically for a large number of enzymes as well as for the production of oxygen during photosynthesis.

(Zn) Zinc - This is a vital constituent for a number of important enzymes such as glutamic and alcohol dehydrogenase.

(Cu) Copper - This is an essential component of - amongst others - ascorbic acid oxidase, tyrosinase and monoamine oxidase.

(Mo) Molybdenum - This is an important constituent of nitrate reductase and is essential fornitrogen fixation.

good luck

Top Bottom