Phantom versus Galaxy Digital 1000w Ballasts

• Thread starter VolcanoVapin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

Ive been running lumateks for a few years so has my boy no problems galaxy also no issues to many parts on a ballast just dont sound good a fan is too much imho !!!

V

VolcanoVapin

I've never ran a phantom and no ones ever asked for those in any if our builds to date, the Lumateks just stop working for no rhyme or reason, the Solis-teks have been epic so far,
I talked to them yesterday about the new model that's coming out, here's what they told me,

"hey "Xxxxxxxx" we have a LCD ballast with remote.and built.in timer coming out late December"

Oh, okay. I thought I read on the forum somewhere that you were using Phantoms at one point. I guess I misread.

That's pretty awesome about the new Solis Tek. I ordered the current model earlier this week. It seems like they're really trying to add new features that no one else has to their ballasts. very cool...

How do you feel about dimming 1000 watt bulbs to 600, G.o.D.? If I wanted to run the Solis Tek at 600 watts for a while, do you think I'd be better off getting a 600 watt bulb to put in, or will the 1000 watt bulb dimmed to 60% be fine?

M

MTgrower

I never dim bulbs. I have no need for such a feature. The Solis Tek ballast looks like it has actual wattage ratings for different settings.

This is a cool ballast because it has specific voltage settings. In this case it is better to set the ballast to the 600W setting and use a 600W bulb. Or set it to 400W and use a 400W bulb. That is not the same thing as using a 1000W bulb and running it at 600W or 400W.

Someone please address the spectrum shift that will occur if you under power a bulb like most do with their dimming ballasts. I was told it is significant by a Hydrofarm rep. Is anyone anywhere doing lab tests on this issue?

Also, those "Super Lumens" or "Boost" settings are a waste of bulb life IMO.

budfriend

budfriend

I would love to know that. Im interestested in bulds dimmed to 750. I would probably run them at that untill week 6and 7 or week 7 and 8. Or should i just get 750 watt ballasts with the 750 watt bulbs.

My thinking is I can run 12 750 watt ballasts at 9000w and or 8 1000w at 8000watts.

Im afraid to run more than 8-9k in a house even though i grow trees and am legal I dont want the attention.

Anyone with experience with 750 bulbs and ballasts??

Top Bottom