Pharmacologically Active Plants

• Thread starter greenpharmd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenpharmd

greenpharmd

Hey everybody! I have been a member here at the Farm for a while, but not very active. I love plants. Especially pharmacologically active and psychoactive plants. So I thought I'd post some of my favorite non-cannabis psychoactive plants.
Pharmacologically active plants

Lophophora williamsii
I'm not sure of the age of this Peyote cactus, I bought it fully grown. She puts on some nice blooms and makes plenty of seeds in the summer.

Pharmacologically active plants 2

Catha edulis
This is a Khat plant that I grew from seed. It's about three years old now. Very hardy plant native to the Horn of Africa and also grown in Yemen. The leaves contain cathinone which is a stimulant similar to, but milder than, amphetamine. It's funny that the alkaloid is a controlled substance but the plant is totally legal. Oh the folly of trying to outlaw, patent, or regulate God's creation.
Pharmacologically active plants 3

Salvia divinorum
This is a Salvia plant that I grew from a cutting. They root very easily.

greenpharmd

greenpharmd

Thanks you guys! I believe the Peyote is a root grown specimen. I have grafted several before in the past. I'll try to find some pics to post of those. Grafting is pretty cool. The resulting cacti supposedly don't have much mescaline as those that are root grown. But I have no plans on eating my cacti. If I want to trip, shrooms are much easier to grow. lol

greenpharmd

greenpharmd

Thanks! Yes sir, I have several varieties. They are still very young though. I'll try to post some pics tonight. As well as pics of a few other goodies I have growing. :)

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thanks for sharing, totally awesome plants u have there!

Last edited:
Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Hey I'm also interested in psychoactive plants other than cannabis. Have you heard of radula marginata it's a liverwort that originates from New Zealand it contains cannabinoids like cannabis. Two have been discovered so far one is perrottinene and the other is perrottinene acid it's almost identical to THC. Here's a link about perrottinene

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perrottetinene

-Kush Kloud

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

Hey I'm also interested in psychoactive plants other than cannabis. Have you heard of radula marginata it's a liverwort that originates from New Zealand it contains cannabinoids like cannabis. Two have been discovered so far one is perrottinene and the other is perrottinene acid it's almost identical to THC. Here's a link about perrottinene

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perrottetinene

-Kush Kloud

Nice post!

Top Bottom