Phat filter or Active Air filter

• Thread starter w00dy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Are either of these worth buying also is anyone running this eclipse 6" 630Cfm Inline fan? Most 6" fans are rated at around 400Cfm. To get 630Cfm from a 6" would definetly be a plus.

forknowledge

forknowledge

Phat filter is now trading under "Rhino".

Also make sure your filter can cope with a higher rate of speed than your fan run at for example if your chosen fan can handle a max 680m3/hr then Id go for filter thats rated at 760m3/hr. This is so the filter catches the odour & doesnt pass through too quickly also this will minimise the chances of fan motor burn. Does this make sense?

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the info fork.
So didnt the Phat filter change to Phresh and now its Rhino? Or does Phresh not have anything to do with them? They seem to be identical.

forknowledge

forknowledge

Phresh is new to me. The company explained that due to some sort of legal battle the name has changed to Rhino filters.

M

MR.SOG

i like mountain air filters too. i have a can filter that i'm not too fond of but everyone has their own opinion.

G

GroHi

Never had used any of the "knock-offs", though perhaps they work just fine.

Here's the deal... w something like security, TAKE NO CHANCES.

The real deal on filters... Can Fan is the original & they are proven to work. I can personally attest to this. They work.

MA is also the S H I T. They work too.

I would trust no others, unless on a limited trial basis. Peace.

K

kb5178

They are now phresh filters and they work great.I have the bigest 1 and was able to hang it by myself-will see how long she last-it seems they use a diferent type of carbon than canfilters to be so much lighter.

M

MR.SOG

They are now phresh filters and they work great.I have the bigest 1 and was able to hang it by myself-will see how long she last-it seems they use a diferent type of carbon than canfilters to be so much lighter.

did the label on the filter tell you how much it weighs?

sky high

sky high

Phresh is a knock-off based on Phat filter's design and is made...more than likely for CHEAP in China by SUNLIGHT SUPPLY. With as much weight as SS has it wouldn't surprise me if the Phat/Rhino change in name/etc wasn't a reaction to SS stepping into the market with a direct copy of their product/with a very similar name/logo/etc.

I sold Can-Filters and Phats. The Phats are 1/3 the weight of the Cans and will last nearly as long.

MA ghas also always had a good rep. ALL of em work well and can be refilled...so it's really a personal preference and cost issue, IMO.

s h

20north

26 inch active air or get a 6inch mountain air but beware of knock offs

true grit

true grit

Phresh filters are labeled as a sunlight product. Just got the 950cfm- all
aluminum design and lighter than the can and flowed more for less money. The guy I bought it from said he will be discontinuing carrying can filters as they are more expensive and inferior design, just doesn't see sellig those as much anymore. Lighter than the Can-lite. I'll let ya know how it does in next month or so.

Edit just saw sky high post, I'll let yall know being a knock off if it's worth a damn. Lol

sky high

sky high

It'll work fine for ya, tg. They are using the same carbon that Phat uses....consisting of angular peices of all sizes rather than can-filters pressed pellets that are about the same size as a rabbit food pellet.

I hated the Cans. They work great...but damn are they HEAVY. If ya drop one...it's history. In fact...I am using a FREE one that was dropped by UPS years ago. It was one of those deals where I made a claim for it and got paid but they never came for the filter- so I put it all back together and have used it ever since. LOL.

the only Can I'd look at buying over a Phat/Rhino/Phresh is the inline model. (not sure what the # is)

hope yer rockin soon, tg!

s h

true grit

true grit

Gettin there, got the veg room rolling before I jetted. Babies were popping up as I left, we'll see how they look when I roll back in next week!

I have texas hydro one for the veg tent, and got the Phresh filter for the vert room, so it will most definitely be tested! Lol... But it is definitely lighter than the Can! Should be rocking full force here shortly...evidentally missed out on the first snow!! At least temps will be glorious!

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

my filter went out in the middle of my flower cycle so i had to go out an grab a new one i had a can can it worked 100% until i started to small a faint rotten fruit small and then i get a call at 2 am from my bro down the block saying it stinks like a skunk all the way down here u better fix that LOL LOL FUCK so i kill lights and kill fan and head to the store the next day they had Active Air filter for 40% cheaper and a bigger filter so i got it went hoem and hooked her up and pooof no small she works 100% too so i would say i used phat to and worked to so i cant say what is better

Latest posts

Top Bottom