Phat Goblin Carbon Filter? Durabreeze? Active Air?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Howdy doody rowdy booties.
I'm in the market for a new 6" inline fan and Carbon filter. I know can is the best, but I've already decided against a Can fan or filter for now. I was wondering if anyone has used the 6" Goblin from PHAT Filters?would it be a better route than durabreeze or active air, or should I go with one of those? I'm kind of stuck between the three brands since they all have decent pricing . any help is appreciated, thanks!

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I'm in the market for a new 6" inline fan and Carbon filter. I know can is the best, but I've already decided against a Can fan or filter for now. I was wondering if anyone has used the 6" Goblin from PHAT Filters?would it be a better route than durabreeze or active air, or should I go with one of those? I'm kind of stuck between the three brands since they all have decent pricing . any help is appreciated, thanks!
Gotta ask, why did you decide against a can fan and filter? I have friends that use phresh filters and really like them but imo can is still king.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

it was mainly because of the price difference, But now the way things are looking I may actually be going with a Can filter, and a 6" hurricane. we may end up moving into a trailer park so I'll have to be on my A-game as far as odor controlOriginally we were buying a 3 bedroom house with a full basement, but it ended up having water damage

as far as the fan, The way I see it if I can get a Hurricane, durabreeze, or active air for $80 instead of $120 for a can fan I could put the extra $40 into the carbon filter itself.. I heard it's better to steer clear of the Vivosun, apollo, Ipower and other china fans, although the prices were tempting. I guess I figured if I went with a level down from can-fan I could get similar performance for less mula

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Active air fans are decent, idk anything about durabreeze and if i remember correctly i think hurricane is a little on the louder side. Insulated ducting will cut back on sound tho, i just use the cheap sh!t. Ive seen some fans that sound like a jet running lol. Thats something to consider too is the noise level, and with alotta those cheaper fans you will probably want a speed controller. I use a 6in can fan max with 3 speed controller right now, comes built right on them, it is very quiet, the thing is damn near all plastic, the blades, makes for a very quiet fan. Ive also used the can 33 filters for years. They last a long time and hold up to the stinkiest strains imo.

Dan789

Dan789

Just bought a 6" phat charcoal filter this past winter, great job, no odor got past this beast, its in the twenty lb range. My "three speed max fan" is ok for noise but don't have any experience with the can fans.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I like phresh scrubbers

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Just bought a 6" phat charcoal filter this past winter, great job, no odor got past this beast, its in the twenty lb range. My "three speed max fan" is ok for noise but don't have any experience with the can fans.
Do you have a max fan @Dan789? Cuz can makes the max fans, thats like their pro series i think they call it, like a step up from the original series, they have the Q max too, thats your stealthiest choice if you wanna grow ninja style.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
it was mainly because of the price difference, But now the way things are looking I may actually be going with a Can filter, and a 6" hurricane. we may end up moving into a trailer park so I'll have to be on my A-game as far as odor controlOriginally we were buying a 3 bedroom house with a full basement, but it ended up having water damage

as far as the fan, The way I see it if I can get a Hurricane, durabreeze, or active air for $80 instead of $120 for a can fan I could put the extra $40 into the carbon filter itself.. I heard it's better to steer clear of the Vivosun, apollo, Ipower and other china fans, although the prices were tempting. I guess I figured if I went with a level down from can-fan I could get similar performance for less mula
If your concerned about security as well you should be, is that an area you want to pinch pennies??? Just sayn

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
A bad bearing on a fan is a giveaway in a trailer park bro. Don't buy something cheap that's gonna fail halfway through a run. Remember with out that fan the best filter won't do shit!

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

A bad bearing on a fan is a giveaway in a trailer park bro. Don't buy something cheap that's gonna fail halfway through a run. Remember with out that fan the best filter won't do shit!
Very true! Kinda like a condom with a hole, Sure its there, but it's not doin its job, and you may well end up screwed (pun intended)

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

anyone used the can mini fiters? I saw some that were made with plastic from can

Top Bottom