Pheno Hunting

• Thread starter Hondaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondaguy

whats up guys had some questions about pheno hunting i got two new packs of the alien orange cookies and alien sour apple do to the other packs hermin also got cali connect strawberry og, raskles og sour grape kush and bunch of freebies. wanted to pop them all and pick the best ones out of the bunch. i use 7 gallon pots in flower but wont be able to fit all of them in there with 7 gallon pots so what do you guys think about pot size to pheno hunt i could wait till i see pre flowers and then take the clones so i dont have to take clones from a possible male. i used 5 gallon pots before did ok but think i had better yeild with 7 gallons but not really going for yeild on this run want to find the killer phenos then run thows. iv seen people use 2, or 3 gallon pots on trays. i use coco hand water with pump not sure mabe 3 gallon smart pots would do good

Junk

Junk

If you are just trying to sex & find the phenos you want, grow them out in smaller containers. A 1 gallon pot is plenty to veg it out for sex & your pheno decision. I used to have a picture I could show you, but not anymore. I actually used 1/2 gallon containers & I think that was fine.

So take your clones, make sure they are tagged well, & keep them in veg. & if you want, flower the mothers, to verify the phenos you think you want to keep, will flower well too. Because once a plant is matured, in whatever size pot it is in, I have seen some people choose the "keepers" right then, based on the plant structure.

I'm not saying this is the most efficient way, but what I have done is take the clones based on the sex, & keep those clones in veg. Flower the mother plants in the small containers... and then choose the keepers. It takes longer obviously, & you are using up resources (time, light, space, water, nutes, medium) to grow a plant that may not be a keeper, but at least that way I'm positive about my decision to keep it.

Top Bottom