• Tagged users None

What do you think?

• is this to complex and unnecessary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Phenotype: The observable physical or bio-chemical characteristics of an organism , as determined by both genetic makeup and environmental influences.

Genotype: the genetic constitution of an individual, especially as distinguished from the phenotype; the whole of the genes in an individual or group

An understanding of plant breeding requires a basic understanding of the Hardy-Weinberg law. To illiterate the values of the Hardy-Weinberg law, ask yourself a question, like "If purple bud color is a dominant trait, why do some of the offspring of my purple bud strain have green buds?" Or "I have been selecting Indica mothers and cross-breeding them with mostly Indica male plants, but I have some sativa leafs why?" These Questions can be easily answered by developing an understanding of the Hardy-Weinberg law and the factors that disrupt genetic equilibrium.

The first of these questions reflects a very common misconception: that the dominant allele will always have the highest frequency in a population and the recessive allele will always have the lowest frequency. This is not always the case. A dominant trait will not necessarily spread to a whole population, nor will a recessive trait always eventually die out.

Gene frequencies can occur in high or low ratios, regardless of how the allele is expressed. The allele can also change,depending on certain conditions. It is these changes in gene frequencies over time that result in different plant characteristics.

A genetic population is basically a group of individuals of the same species (Cannabis Indica or Cannabis Sativa) or strain ( Skunk #1 or master kush) in a givin area whose members can breed with one another. This means that they must share a common group of genes. This common group of genes is locally knows as the gene pool. The gene pool contains the alleles for all of the traits in the entire population. For a step in evolution - a new Plant species, strain or trait - to occur, some of the gene frequencies must change. The gene frequency of an allele refers the number of times an allele for a particular trait occurs compared to the total number of alleles for that trait in the population. Gene frequency is calculated by dividing the number of a specific type of allele by the total number of alleles in the gene pool

The Hardy-Weinberg model of genetic equilibrium describes a theoretical situation in which there is no change in the pool. At equilibrium there can be no change or evolution.

Let's consider a population whose pool contains the alleles B and b

Assign the letter p to the dominant allele B and the letter q to the frequency of the recessive allele b. We know that the sum of all the alleles must equal 100%, so:
p + q = 100%
This can also be expressed as
p + q = 1
All the possible combinations of the members of a population would equal:
p2 + 2pq + q2
Where p = frequency of the dominant allele in a population. q = frequency of the recessive allele in a population. p2 = percentage of homozygous dominant individuals. q2 = percentage of heterozygous recessive individuals. 2pq = percentage of heterozygous individuals.

So now imagine that, hypothetically, you have grown a population of 1000 "black domina" plants from seeds obtained from a well known seed Bank. In that population 360 plants Emmitt a skunk smell, while the remaining 640 plants Emmitt a fruity smell you contact the seed Bank and ask them which smell is dominant in this particular strain. They tell you the breeder selected for a fruity smell and the skunk smell is a recessive genotype. You can call this recessive genotype "vv" and use the formula above to answer the following questions.
According to the Hardy-Weinberg law
Q.what is the frequency of "vv" genotype?
A. Since 360 out of 1000 plants have the "vv" genotype then 36% is the frequency of "vv" in this population of 'black domina'
Q. what is the frequency of the "v" allele?
A. The frequency of the "vv" allele is 36%. Since q2 is the percentage of homogeneous recessive individuals, and q is the frequency of the recessive allele in a population the following must be true: q2 = 0.36 | (q x q) = 0.36 | q = 0.6 Thus the frequency of the "v" allele is 60% !?! what is the frequency of the "V" allele A. Since the value of q = 0.6 we can solve for p. p + q = 1 | p + 0.6 = 1 | p = 1 - 0.6 | p = 0.4 The frequency of the "V" allele is 40%
Q. What is the frequency of the genotypes 'VV'? A. Given what we know, the following must be true: VV = p2 | V = 0.4 = p | (p x p) = p2 | (0.4 x 0.4) = p2 | 0.6 = p2 | VV = 0.16 The frequency of "VV" is 16% VV = 16% | vv = 0.36 | VV + Vv + vv = 1 | 0.16 + Vv + o.36 = 1 | 0.52 + Vv = 1 | Vv = 1 - 0.52 | Vv = 0.48 or 48% / alternatively, Vv is 2pq, therefore Vv= 2pq |2pq = 2 x p x q | 2pq = 2 x 0.4 x 0.6 | 2pq = 0.48 or 48%
The frequencies of V and v (p and q ) will remain unchanged, generation after generation as long as the five following statements are true: 1. the population is big enough 2. There are no mutations, 3. There are no preferences; for example, a VV males does not prefer a vv female by its nature. 4. No other outside population exchanges genes with this population. 5. Natural selection does not favor any specific gene

The equation p2 + 2pq + q2 can be used to calculate the different frequencies. Although this equation is important to know about, we make use of other, much more basic calculations when breedeing. The important thing to note here is the five conditions for equilibrium. Earlier we asked the question "I have been breeding Indica mothers and cross-breeding them with mostly Indica male plants and I have some sativa leafs why? The Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium tells us that outside genetics may have been introduced into the breeding program. Since the mostly Indica male plants are only mostly Indica and not pure Indica, you can expect to discover some sativa characteristics in the offspring, including sativa leaf traits.
Now some of you may be asking the question "How do i know if a trait, such as bud color, is homozygous dominant (BB), heterozygous (Bb) or homozygous recessive (bb)?"

If you have been given seeds or a clone you may have been told that a trait, such as potency, is homozygous dominant, heterozygous or homozygous recessive. However, you will want to establish this yourself, especially if you intend to use those specific traits in a future breeding plan. To do this you will have to do what is called a test cross.
Determining the phenotype of a plant is fairly straight forward. You look at the plant and you see, smell, feel, or taste its phenotype. Determining the genotype can not be achieved through simple observation alone. Generally speaking, there are three possible genotypes for each plant trait. For example, if golden bud is dominant and silver bud is recessive, the possible genotypes are: Homozygous Dominant: BB = Golden bud , Heterozygous: Bb = Golden bud , Homozygous Recessive: bb = silver bud

The golden and silver buds are the phenotypes. BB, Bb and bb denote the genotypes. Because B is the dominant allele, Bb would appear golden and not silver. Most phenotypes are visual characteristics but some, like bud taste, are phenotypes that can not be observed by the naked eye and are experienced instead of through the other senses. For example looking at a mostly sativa species like a skunk plant you will notice that the leafs are pale green. In a population of these skunk plant you may notice that a few have dark green leaves. This suggests that this skunks skunk strains leaf color is not true breeding, meaning that the leaf trait must be heterozygous because homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive traits are true breeding,. Some of the skunks pale green leaf traits will probably be homozygous dominant in this population. You may also be asking the question "could the pale green trait be the homozygous recessive trait and the dark green heterozygous trait?" Since a completely homozygous recessive population (bb) would not contain the alleles (B) for heterozygous expression (Bb) or for homozygous dominant expression (BB), it is impossible for the traits to be heterozygous (Bb) or homozygous dominant (BB) to exist in a population that is completely homozygous recessive for that trait. If a population is completely homozygous for that trait (bb or BB), then that specific trait can be considered stable, true breeding, or "will breed true". If a populationI is heterozygous for that trait (Bb) then that specific trait can be considered unstable, not true breeding, or will not breed true. If the trait for Bb or BB cannot exist in a bb population for that trait, then bb is the only trait you will dicover in that population. Hence, Bb is true breeding. If there is a variation in the trait, and the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium law has not been broken, the trait must be heterozygous. In our skunk example there were only a few dark green leaves. This means that the leafs are homozygous recessive and the pale green leaves are heterozygous and may possibly be homozygous dominant too. You may also notice the bud is golden on most the plants. This also suggests that the golden bud color is a dominant trait. If buds on only a few of the plants are silver, this suggests that the silver trait is recessive. You know the only genotype that produces the recessive trait is homozygous recessive (bb). So if a plant displays a recessive trait in its phenotype, it's genotype must be homozygous recessive genotype. This leaves you with an additional question to answer as well: are the golden buds or the pale green leaf color traits homozygous dominant (BB) or heterozygous (Bb)? You can not be completely certain of your inferences until you have completed a test cross.

A test cross is preformed by breeding a plant with an unknown dominant genotype (BB or Bb) with a plant that is homozygous recessive (bb) for the same trait for this test you will need a plant of the opposite sex that is homozygous recessive for the same trait.

This brings to an important rule: If any offspring from a test cross display the recessive trait, the genotype of the parent with the dominant trait must be heterozygous and homozygous.

In our example our unknown genotype is either BB or Bb. The silver bud genotype is bb. We'll put this information into a mathematical series known as punnett squares ( this looks and is filled out exactly like a times table chart or battleship grid) We start by entering the known genotypes. We do these calculations for two parents that will breed we know that our recessive trait is bb and the other is either BB or Bb, so we'll use B? For the time being. Our next step is to fill in the boxes with what we can calculate it should look something like this
Phenotypes and genotypes how to know for sure what your breeding

In this particular chart The first row of offspring Bb and Bb will have the dominant trait of golden bud. The second row can either contain Bb or bb offspring. This will either lead to offspring that will produce more golden bud (Bb) or silver bud (bb). The first possible outcome (where ? = B ) would give us golden bud (Bb) offspring. The second possible outcome where ( ? = b) would give us silver bud (bb) offspring. We can also predict what the frequency will be. Outcome where ? = B: Bb + Bb + Bb + Bb = 4Bb 100% golden bud. Outcome 2, where ? = b: Bb +Bb + bb + bb = 2Bb + 2Bb 50% golden 50% silver bud
Recall Homozygous dominant: BB = golden bud, Heterozygous Bb = Golden bud, Homozygous Recessive: bb = silver bud

To determine the identity of B? We used another cannabis plant of the opposite sex that was homozygous recessive (bb) for the same trait. Outcome 2 tells us that: both parents must have at least one b trait each to exhibit silver bud in the phenotype of the offspring. If any silver bud is produced in the offspring than the mystery parent (B?) Must be heterozygous (Bb). It cannot be homozygous dominant (BB)

So if a golden bud parent is crossed with a silver bud parent and produces only golden bud, then the golden bud parent must be homozygous dominant for that trait. If any silver bud offspring is produced, then the golden bud parent must be heterozygous for this trait. To summarize, the guidelines for performing a test cross is to determine the genotype of a plant exhibiting a domitrait are: 1. the plant with a dominant trait should always be crossed with a plant with a recessive trait. 2. If any offspring display recessive trait, the unknown genotype is heterozygous. 3. If all the offspring display the dominant trait the unknown genotype is homozygous dominant.

The main reasoning behind performing a test cross are. 1. When you breed plants you want to continue a trait, like hight, taste, smell, ect. 2. When you want to continue that trait you must know if it is homozygous dominant heterozygous or homozygous recessive. 3. You can only determine this with certainty by performing a test cross I should mention that, as a breeder you should be dealing with a large population in order to be certain of the results. The more plants you work with, the more reliable the results

TO BE CONTINUED

V

VGI

Good luck finding a breeder that puts that much time into their genetics to where they only have a few Pheno types to where
We
Can assertain which Genetics are expressing themselves through ohenotypes

Mr.X

Mr.X

Blew my fucking mind bro, im going to read this over N over again. I just posted some pix of a SSH im growing and the leaves are broad as hell. ON ALL OF THEM !!! Idk what 2 think except the genes might be bogus. I thought SSH would be sativa dominant. What gives ?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

So having a bit of trouble finishing up, as I learn more and more, so this may become bigger than a two part deal!!! I think I may cover some basics as well that may get confused with this type of breeding.

I am going to do my very best to have part two up by Monday the latest. thanks all. GLHF

Also...
Just Wana point out it took me a lil more than a week to get the first part wrote out; made spelling and punctuation corrections, and make presontaion acceptable as well as fully de-bunked/backed. Please forgive me if I don't make the Monday deadline I just made myself... :O I would rather be late and correct than on time and make an ass of myself in front of the whole community with bad information.! I want to be taken seriously and known as reliable thankyou for your patience.

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

PART TWO shortened as I feel I need to separate some of the info as not to be confused also some information did not have enough backing (that I have found) for me to be comfortable sharing as of yet but lets gen on with the show and I will be back next week.

Hardy-Weinberg law "breeding for several traits"

The question may arise "How do I breed for several traits, like taste, smell, vigor and color? to answer this question, you will need to learn just a little bit more about the Hardy-Weinberg law of genetic equilibrium. then we can move on to more this will require you to make your own "Punnett squares" I will give examples but your results will very from them!

If you breed two plants that are heterozygous (Bb) for a trait, what will the offspring look like? using the punnet squares can help us determine the phenotypes, genotypes, and gene frequencies of the offspring.
take a look at the offspring here and compare them to the parents

in this group I have determined that the resulting offspring will be:
1 BB - 25% of the offspring will be homozygous for the dominant allele (BB)
2 Bb - 50% will be heterozygous, like their parents (Bb)
1 bb - 25% will be homozygous for the recessive allele (bb)

Unlike their parents (Bb and Bb), 25% of offspring will express the recessive phenotype bb. So using the example plants we used before two parents that display golden bud but are both heterozygous (Bb) for that trait will still produce offspring that exhibit the recessive silver bud trait, despite the fact that neither of the parent displayed this trait or shows no sign of the phenotype for silver bud.
Understanding how recessive and dominant traits are passed down through the phenotype and genotype so that you can predict the outcome of a cross and lock down traits in the future generations is really what breeding is all about.

When you breed a strain, how do you know what the traits you want to keep will actually be retained in the breeding process u ask? this is where the test cross comes into play. If you create seeds from a strain that you bought at a seed bank, how can you be sure that the offspring will exhibit the characteristics that you like? If the trait you wish to continue is homozygous-dominant (BB) in both parent plants, then there is no way that you can produce a recessive genotype for that trait in the offspring, as I have illustrated below.

It is impossible for the recessive trait to appear. If both parents contain the recessive trait then they can not produce the dominant trait. as shown here

So in order to breed a trait properly you must know if it is homozygous, heterozygous, or homozygous-recessive so that you can predict the results before they happen!!!~

That's enough on that for now, Lets move on here!!!

Understanding Inheritance genes
MENDEL AND THE PEA EXPERIMENTS

Gregor Mendel (1822-1884) was an Austrian monk who discovered the basic rules of Inheritance by analyzing the results from his plant breeding research programs. He noticed that two types of pea plants gave very uniform results when bred in the same gene pool and not with one another. the traits he noticed were: pea plant #1 produced seeds with solid seed shells, green seeds, white flowers, tall plants. Pea plant #2 wrinkled seed shells, yellow seeds, purple flowers and short plants. what he noticed was that the offspring all carried the same traits when they bred with the same population or gene pool. Since there were no variations within each strain he guessed that both strains were homozygous for these traits. Because the pea plants were from the same species, Mendel guessed that either the solid seed shells were recessive, or the wrinkled seed shells were recessive. Using the genotype notations SS or solid seed shells and ss for wrinkled seed shells, he knew that they couldn't be Ss because one lot didn't exhibit any of the other strain's phenotypes when bred within its own gene pool. Lets just illustrate this using the same two charts we just reviewed just replacing the (BB) and (bb) with (SS) and (ss) where SS is plant #1 with the trait soild seed and ss for wrinkled seed.

So lets go ahead and do our first (theoretical) hybrid F1 test cross between the two strains, we see that the results come out as the all solid seed genes

Up until this point, we did not know which trait was recessive and which was dominant. since all the seeds shells were solid, we now know with certainty that pea plant #1 contained the dominant genotype for solid shells and the #2 pea plant had the recessive gene for wrinkled seed shells. This means that in future test crosses with other pea strains, we can determine if a particular seed shell trait was homozygous or heterozygous because we have identified the recessive trait (ss).

lets go ahead and do one more test cross now. Since the offspring of the FF1 cross were all (Ss) when wwe further cross these off spring we will get a result somewhat like this.
!Take note of the offspring compared to the parent plants!

Being that we had mated two pea plants that were heterozygous (SS) for a specific trait "seed shells" the resulting off spring would most likely be.
25% homozygous for dominant allele (SS)
50% heterozygous, like their parents (Ss)
25% heterozygous for recessive allele (ss)
In the first cross we did, there were not any of the recessive traits for seed shape. But when we crossed the offspring, because they were heterozygous for that trait , we ended up with some having the homozygous-recessive trait, some having the homozygous-dominant trait, and some continuing the heterozygous trait. In proper breeding terms, our first cross is called the F1 cross or F1 generation.
The breeding out of those offspring is called the F2 cross or F2 generation. Now since we have Ss, ss and SS to work with you could use more Punnett squares to determine what the next generations of offspring will look like. compare your results with what you have learned about ratios and you will be able to piece it all together.

A little bit more on frequencies before we move on.

to look at a cross between two heterozygous parents. If two heterozygous parents are crossed, the frequency ratio of the allele "s" will be 50% each. Remember, the gene type can be Ss, SS or ss but the allele is either "S" or "s". If done correctly you can see S S S S (4 x S) and s s s s (4 x s) . This means that the frequency of the allele "S" is 50% and the frequency of "s" is 50%. see if you can calculate the frequencies for yourself to get a start on doing these tests.
Recall that the H-W law states that the sum of all the alleles in a population should equal out to 100%, but that the individual alleles may appear in different ratios. There are five however five situations I have found to cause the law to fail and I will explain them now.

#1.
A mutation is a change in genetic material, which can give rise to heritable variations in the offspring. Exposer to radiation (over use of artificial lighting) can cause genetic mutation, for example.
In this case, the result would be a mutation of the plants genetic code that would be transferred to its offspring. The effect is equivalent to a migration of foreign genetic material being introduced to the population. There are other factors that can cause mutations. Essentially, a mutation is the result of DNA failure to repair on a cellular level. Anything that can cause DNA repair to fail can result in a mutation.

#2 Gene Migration
Over time, a a population will reach equilibrium that will be maintained as long as no other genetic material is introduced from another population, this is called introgression. During the process of introgression many new traits can arise in the original population, resulting in a shift in equilibrium.

#3 Genetic Drift
If a population is small, equilibrium is more easily violated, because a slight change in the number of alleles results in a significant change in genetic frequency. Even by chance alone, certain traits can be eliminated from the population and the frequency of alleles can drift toward higher or lower values. Genetic drift is actually an evolutionary force that alters a population and demonstrates that the H-G law of equilibrium cannot hold true over an indefinite period over time.

#4 NON-Random Mating
External or internal factors may influence a population to a point at witch mating is no longer random. For example, if some female flowers develop earlier than others they will be able to gather pollin earlier than the rest. If some of the males release pollen early and then stop producing pollen, the mating of these early males and females is no longer random, and could result in Late-flowering females ending up as a sinsemilla crop. This means that these late-flowering females wont be able to make their contribution to the gene pool in future generations. Equilibrium will not be maintained.

#5 Natural selection
With regards to natural selection, the environment and other factors can cause certain plants to produce greater or smaller number of offspring. Some plants may have traits them less immune to disease, for example, meaning that when a population is exposed to disease, less of their offspring will survive to pass on genetic material , while others may produce more seeds or exhibit a greater degree of immunity, resulting in a greater number of offspring surviving to contribute genetic material to the population.

with this understanding lets go over-
How To True Breed A Strain
Breeding cannabis strains is all about manipulating gene frequencies. most strains sold by reputable breeders through seed banks are very uniform in growth. this means that the breeder has attempted to lock certain genes down so that the genotypes of those traits are homozygous.
Imagine that a breeder has two strains; lets say Masrer kush and Silver Haze the breeder lists a few traits they they particularly like ( shown by a * )
Master Kush, dark green leaf, hashy smell*, white flowers, short plants*.
Silver haze, pale green leaf*, fruity smell, silver flowers*, tall plants.
this means they want to create a plant that is homozygous for the following traits and call it something like Silver Kush; Silver kush, pale green leaf hashy smell silver flowers short plants.
all the genetics needed are contained in the gene pools for master kush and silver haze. The breeder could simply mix the two populations and hope for the best or try to save time, space and money by calculating the genotype for each trait and using the results to create an IBL.

The first thing a breeder must do is to understand the genotype of each trait that will be featured in the ideal "Silver Kush" strain. In order to do this, the genotype of each parent strain for that same trait must be understood. Since there are four traits that the breeder is trying to isolate, and 4 x 2 = 8, that is eight alleles make up the genotypes for these phenotype expressions and must be made known to the breeder.

Lets take the pale green leaf of the silver haze for starters. The breeder will grow out as many silver haze plants as possible, noting if any plants in the population display other leaf colors. If they do not, the breeder can assume that the trait is either homozygous dominant (SS) or recessive (ss). If other leaf colors do appear in the population, the breeder should assume that the trait is heterozygous (Ss) and must be first locked down through selective breeding. Lets look at both of the parents and review what we have learned for a moment.
If both parents are SS, there wouldn't be any variation in the population for this trait. It would alreadt be locked down and would always breed true without any variations. However with one SS parent and one Ss parent, the breeder would produce a 50/50 population- one group being homozygous (SS) and one heterozygous (Ss). Then we also can look at if both parens are Ss the breeder would have 25% (SS), 50% (Ss) and 25% (ss). even though gene frequencies can be predicted, the breeder will not know with certainty weather the pale green leaf trait is dominant or recessive until they preform a test cross. By running several test crosses, the breeder can isolate the plant that is either SS or ss, and eliminate any Ss from the group. Once the genotype has been isolated and the population reduced to contain only plants with the same genotype, the breeding process can begin in confidence. Remember that the success of any cannabis breeding program hinges on the breeder maintaining solid and accurate notes of parents and their descendants so they can properly control gene frequencies.

The number of tests it takes to determine any certain genotype is never certain. You may even have to use a wide selection of plants to achieve your goal, but never the less is achievable. The next step in a breeding program is to lock down other traits in that same population. This for me seems like it will be the hardest part.
When you are working on locking down a trait you must not eliminate other desired traits from the population. It is also possible to lock down a trait you did not want or eliminate traits you did if you are not careful in this part of the process. If this does happen you will have to work much harder to explore the genotypes through multiple cross tests and lock down the desired traits again. Eventually, through careful selection and accurate record keeping, you will end up with a plant that breeds true for all the features you have selected. In essence, you will have your own genetic map of your new cannabis strain/plant/population

From what I have learned or rather from what I can tell, Successful breeders do NOT try to map everything at once although this seems like it would be faster, it can be detrimental to keeping accurate notes. Instead they concentrate first on the main phenotypes that will make their plant unique and of high quality. Once they have locked down four or five traits they then can move on. True breeding strains are created slowly, in many stages. Well known, true breeding strains like Skunk #1 and afghani #1 took as long as 20 years to develop. If someone claims to you they have created a true breeding strain in a year or two you can be assured that the genetics that they had started with were a true breeding, homozygous strain to begin with

Following the process that I have described above the last paragraph, You will eventually have your desired strain our example was Silver Kush, but only with the four genotypes you picked out, so you may still wind up having a whole variety of non-uniform plants in the group. some may have green stems while others are purple stemmed,. Some may be very potent and others not as much. By constantly selecting for desired traits only you could theoretically manipulate the strain into a true breeding strain for all four every phenotype. However, this is extremely unlikely that anyone will ever create a 100% true breeding strain for every single phenotype. Such a srain would be called a perfect IBL. So to say if you were to lock down 90% of a strains phenotype in an entire population, then you could say your strain is an IBL

(Not a lot yet) but a bit of additional advanced techniques that will help you to reduce or promote a trait in a population will be discussed next Monday if enough likes are made or people ask for more between now and next Friday giving me the weekend to prepare.

Thank you all for reading and voting JAH BLESS :angelic:

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Nice work man it takes a lot of time and effort to do a write up like this jus want ya to know your time is appreciated. I got an old ass book marijuana botany very good read on the subject.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Nice work man it takes a lot of time and effort to do a write up like this jus want ya to know your time is appreciated. I got an old ass book marijuana botany very good read on the subject.

thank you very much for reading, it does take a bit of time but I am doing it for more than entertainment so it is worth it. Thanks for the book suggestion I will look into it I need more conclusive info to finish this; however sounds like it may be outdated a bit sometimes those are most helpful or entirely wrong due to new evidence or being simply opinion < this is where my problem lies rite at the moment.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

thank you very much for reading, it does take a bit of time but I am doing it for more than entertainment so it is worth it. Thanks for the book suggestion I will look into it I need more conclusive info to finish this; however sounds like it may be outdated a bit sometimes those are most helpful or entirely wrong due to new evidence or being simply opinion < this is where my problem lies rite at the moment.
Yeah i totally agree man times they are a changing. The book is dated for sure i have had it for at least ten years now one of the old classics imho tho. Well worth reading. Not a whole lot of studies during that era about this amazing plant at least not open studies so im sure some facts may not be of value today or proven otherwise, but its very spot on with mandels work and lotta good inside tips. The sickest thing about our industry is that we have done it all underground on our own without funding from the man, shit we pay more funds out to the man in legal fees then they would ever kick up for a little bit of research. They will never take what we have pioneered in the cannabis culture and industry. Fuck the man i often fear legalization i do not agree with it being illlegal at all but a lot of small time growers are dependent on the funds our crop can bring. Im not all about money either i personally would just spend it on beans and trees im doin alright but a corporate cannabis world will destroy most of the ppl who built this shit from the ground up it was built underground and has thrived for years underground wile the majority of ppl above ground tried to extort and eradicate. Legalization is best for most but not all. Sorry lol got so far off topic straight lit off a nice spliff of agent orange and there she be lol. Very good book tho one of my first cannabooks and still very informative.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Hey all sorry no update this week.
I am fairly sure next week I will have enough for some new subject matter and good info, I have been talking to a known breeder about a very unique way to feminize I will be talking about that another member here on the farm informed me about I would give them a shout out but cannot remember who exactly it was [if it was you feel free to say so] We will also begin a discussion about genral breeding on a smaller scale for those who just want to throw pollin and get similar results just not nearly as stable... or to 'shorten' how to properly get an average cross breed, make/breed a simple landrace or keep a genetic line going via seed. Then if there is time or enough information for me to prove it solid advice, (Getting back into the original subject matter) I will talk a small bit into breeding for a terpene production increase, whitch I will finish on the following chapter.

Tomorrow I may do a little bit of a new one but do not expect much.

Thanks everyone for your support and love hope you all enjoy and tell your friends GLHF

germinator

germinator

Legitimization equals legalization..... huh?
Could this be a start to a specific standardization for cannabis breeders, as professional association so to speak? That would be incredible.
It's easy to forget how much catching up there is to do here, this is a timely process long overdue. Ty for sharing

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I am going to go just a bit off subject only slightly and only for just a moment here so please bare with me on this one. Thanks.

@germinator I do think in time yes.! Some of these techniques could become the standard way for true breeding at home.!

However, as for legitimat/Professional Breeders, this is already the case and main techniques (to each their own) for most breeders this day in age, in which 90% of this information is/has come from for the most part.
At least it is for those who will share any information with me or break down their 'process' on how they produce their superior quality strains, as well as reading a few books, a few farmers (both here and elsewhere online) and also the few people who breed that I know personally whom have either kept their strains alive and well for very long periods of time, or have and continue to make some of the best cross strains I have ever seen.

"I would very much like to point out"

This information is not necessarily from me directly just my written word, as well as shown work process using the information given. But instead it is only due to others dedication to the art with the combination of me gathering up everything from cannabis to wheat's genetic makeup information on how they breed or reproduce (from what we know of the subject at this point) as well as getting a better understanding of how plant mitosis, and hormones occurr and affect the way a plant leans to a mother father or new generation all together then speaking with or reading about (via email, phone, books or skype) a world class team of others whom have either written books about all they know or have simply became famous for grandfathering some of the first comprehensive medical/recreational cannabis seed businesses/Strains around thus becoming quite successful and knowledgeable on the subject.

I have spoken too, or read the full amount of information that the sorces I so far have found to be legitimately informative and am always on the hunt for more,That they Can give out or have too provide for potential breeders to read on. I then began sorting and implicating together all the information as a whole that I already had or have recently learned from the individual sorces to make a comprehensive guide for true breeding or creating new stabile cross strains without a huge fuss or confusion on how to do it correctly so that i can share somewhat easy to follow instructions on how to do it for you all here to enjoy and learn from.

So to keep things kosher here I would like to state this as a fact....

The only part of this I can take credit for within the actual knowledge is the gathering of it, the reforming/re write of and follow up within to debunk all information I am sharing. Otherwise the credit should be given to those who spent years perfecting the art.

The only an or main reason I am interested in sharing the information and the development of the cannabis breeding/programs information is for these three simple reasons.

1. It is for those who care enough to know about it and what they are trying to accomplish within and wish to be as informed as possible about the subject matter, in which they will hopefully be able to find the information they are in need of here.

Then instead of needing to track it all down from many sorces, as well as deciphering weather or not it is only the opinion or personal preference of the breeder or the informant and should be thrown out to figure on their own or if it is the absolute best/truest of the available knowledge/information on what exactly we currently know about the cannabis genealogy or in genral the C3/C4 plant type and it's breeding habits.

2. I also made this thread in the preparation of the future so i can always look back at my simplified notes and not my jumbled pile of scrap paper. I also feel knowledge sticks/sinks in' much better when made in practice to go from full notes to full essay to basic cliff notes. It is best planted in your mind when written down I think (best if this is done twice or more) once for the study and writing down of all the information to make a complete study/survey.
Once to make a clean abridged and noted version that has all the information organized by the subject matter as well as cutting out all the BS or un-necessary Information making it legable and coherent to the readers point of view. Finally to place it where I can find it (such as online) if I ever lose my personal papers or mind <this is not that uncommon for me lately{ :mask::hurting::rage::banhappy:

3. This to me is the most important part of the bill. I Simply cannot accept incoming information of this kind on such a great level of detail, without sharing it with everyone. (Plus don't have much of a life but my gardens)

It saddens me to say alot of this Butt here it goes.

I know only few will even get past the first paragraph, before declaring the information to complex}{or above what their goal is} This meaning only the select few with my/our demenor of and passion for plants/cannabis, will continue on reading as they can use or are searching for as well as in need of this information, Some will even take the time to absorb it a few times over to get a complete understanding to apply to their own data as some of you already have but the list I am sure will be quite short.

Furthermore In my minds eye I cannot forsee my karma being so fair and great in the retrieving of more information like this from tier3's in such detail in the future if I keep things of this (IMO ^'extreme plethera' of greatness^) to myself thus taking from the community and giving nott in return for the generosity I was given.

I have been givin this knowledge freely and should give it out the same. Those who gave it to me worked hard to get it and where they are so i should do the same in making a point to share it properly to you and others and I hope you all do as well with your knowledge hunt of the cannabis plant or other information of importance to you and the millions of people in the world as I have had here.

So In turn and to be finishing this little tid-bit O spiritual growth (Of mine) I would like to say one last thing before I go back to smashing my nose into the words of wisdom I so deeply cling. I simply have put this thread here because I find it absolutely imperative that the dissemination of such subject matter be made post haste, the reason for this is, as the oldschool groweres drift away and fade out so does their information. So as the world turns to legalization of cannabis, we as a community will be all that is left of the informed growers of the old school ways in most of the world, as well as the only ones who will keep our generations of seed in good quality standards.(other than commercial breeders of course)
In saying this I have to also be able to say/add that there will be more new growers on a massive scale very soon whom seek knowledge, but but i do not believe they will listen to most, thinking it cannot be that hard to grow or breed and these old fools don't understand how in science class we were told we just need a bottle of crap and water to make the best stuff ever.

I fear they also will be Interbreeding and crossing noncompatabile strains to a point of no recognition from the originals or perhaps even to the point of degeneration of cannabis itself, Thus making way and allowing the dreaded somewhat unreleased but still ver much created GMO cannabis plant eventually bringing it to the market and grow community and sending cannabis down to the medical, genetic, and health point of tobacco (Seriously I do), This will also allow the release of dirty genetic makeup of all sorts across the globe in every strain not IBL.

All of this is what i feel is Making information like this invaluable and detrimental to the medicines being able to continue as true breeds, IBL'S , legitimate cross-breeds or even as a simple outdoor landrace without contamination of the gene pool.

We can make it to the future with our old ways they have kept us going for generations and will for many more.

It is however the future ways of life of the new generation I am concerned about and wondering if anyone but the open minded and spiritual, have any clue about how much damage they do, have done, and will continue to do without some form of change in life and real gain in knowledge.

Since we now deal with the Clash Of The Compassionate the medical and the conscience against the Drug hungry lowlows and the money hungry craycrays, the plain carless along with the government's political parties, police, and cartels I think it is time to replace the current state of mind and body of the cannabis plant mentality as well as those who are the blessed enough to be growing it or living in a medical state to a unified communications and Respect for the reclassification of cannabis and how it will effect us as a people and the way we wish to live with it.

Sorry for the ventilation rant there and I am sure alot of it is total crap in most of your minds but thanks for reading anyways it is what I see happening all around me as well as read about or hear from others so don't take it to lightly as I do not see it (our world) going in a great direction rite now Thanks again for your time hope you enjoy.

Here is something that was a bit of inspiration to what was said here i wached on earth day and has had me thinking ever since enjoy

Latest posts

Top Bottom