Phing Water In Soil

• Thread starter Freshone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

How many of you are PHing your water using soil mediums?After years of never doing it at all my water company has begun screwing with my water and I believe it's the cause of some phantom deficiencies that I first tried to adjust with no luck.It was driving me crazy until I broke down and got a new PH pen and lo and behold my water had went from around 7 to 8.5+.Called the water co and they said they are adjusting the water in order to meet strict new laws governing water districts in Cali,anyone else run into this?
Guess I will be PHing again til they figure it out and get some consistency.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Man the water where I'm at changes regularly. Idk if it's the rainwater gettin in the system or the company. But ppm jumps 100+,(.2). And ph jumps from 7-8. I just always keep it bubbling and that lowers the ph to 6.2-6.7 depending how long it bubbles.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Man the water where I'm at changes regularly. Idk if it's the rainwater gettin in the system or the company. But ppm jumps 100+,(.2). And ph jumps from 7-8. I just always keep it bubbling and that lowers the ph to 6.2-6.7 depending how long it bubbles.

I agree with this^^^
Bubbling your water or nutrients makes it easy/simple. You won't have to worry about ph problems.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

I would at least check the water pH coming out of the tap whenever you are using it to water your garden. For soil between 6 and 7.5 is totally ok, with the sweet spot varying depending on genetics. Another aspect to consider with puclic water supplies is the addition of chlorine/chloramine which if to strong can wipe out our microherds in one watering. It may be worth your time to contact the local water treatment facility and see if changes hve been made recently to the chemical treatments added. Even on wells changing water table levels can greatly affect TDS, EC and pH so close eye should be kept, though often there is no change.

Cheers!

Freshone

Freshone

I do bubble my water,have for years.Even so the pH is up,when I called the water company they said they are trying multiple things to comply with Cali's new lower limits for everything in water even if it's naturally occurring.The guy I spoke too said it's an issue right now all over with all the water districts trying to figure out how to be in compliance,unfortunately that means higher prices and adding more things to the water to lower others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom