Phlizon FD4500 Grow and Show

• Thread starter Smokey0418
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Hello everyone.

I was the lucky winner of the FD4500 full spectrum light from @PhlizonGrowLight in the October giveaway.

I have this light set up in a 3.3 square tent.

Will have no trouble blasting the edges with this little beauty and its 2616 diodes.

Soaked some Starry Eyed from Freak Genetics for a little over 24hrs and now have them planted.

The light is hung about 24 inches above with the dimmer turned to low.

This is putting about 150 umol’s on the top of the cups.

Enjoy

Phlizon fd4500 grow and show
Phlizon fd4500 grow and show 2
Phlizon fd4500 grow and show 3

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

I really ecommend purchasing 2 extra adjustable ratchet hangars and attach 1 to each ring. It'll allow you to pull the light up even higher if needed. When I used the silver wires included it left the light 6 inches above my canopy in the 4x4x6.5. This this is the adjustment I made to get the lights higher. I already have some more hangars on the way so will modify again pretty soon. Attached both rings directly onto each end of the ratchets and pulled them up but then sliding so you can see where I duct taped it

20231204 174251
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I really ecommend purchasing 2 extra adjustable ratchet hangars and attach 1 to each ring. It'll allow you to pull the light up even higher if needed. When I used the silver wires included it left the light 6 inches above my canopy in the 4x4x6.5. This this is the adjustment I made to get the lights higher. I already have some more hangars on the way so will modify again pretty soon. Attached both rings directly onto each end of the ratchets and pulled them up but then sliding so you can see where I duct taped it
I also like to use 4 straps.

This smaller light could easily be held with 2 but once into these heavier ones 4 would be better.

Then to be able to adjust from the door.

Being a machinist has helped with that.

F22DEF46 DAF4 4D18 9F23 79A69E4EE5D1

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hello everyone.

I was the lucky winner of the FD4500 full spectrum light from @PhlizonGrowLight in the October giveaway.

I have this light set up in a 3.3 square tent.

Will have no trouble blasting the edges with this little beauty and its 2616 diodes.

Soaked some Starry Eyed from Freak Genetics for a little over 24hrs and now have them planted.

The light is hung about 24 inches above with the dimmer turned to low.

This is putting about 150 umol’s on the top of the cups.

Enjoy

View attachment 2082789View attachment 2082790View attachment 2082791
I bought that light’s bigger brother (not the biggest anymore they have a 1,000w beast version now 😵‍💫) but my FD6500 almost never goes past 70% @PhlizonGrowLight makes a beast of a light 👊

Here for the show! 🍿

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I also like to use 4 straps.

This smaller light could easily be held with 2 but once into these heavier ones 4 would be better.

Then to be able to adjust from the door.

Being a machinist has helped with that.

View attachment 2082800
I almost had the same idea haha I even have the pulleys and carabiners around somewhere but i keep torturing myself in the tent reaching and bending around to adjust the lights 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
My FD-4500 arrives tomorrow. For $259.00, it’s a no brainer.
Nice pickup! Might have to nab myself a few

Just a Pro tip, atm the FD6500 is $400 (with a $50 instant coupon on Amazon making it a $350 light as well atm

Also the PL-4500 is $220 atm with a $20 coupon and so far through veg for me it’s kickin ass, can’t wait to flip the tent to see what she can do in flower

Grower1974

Grower1974

These are my table girls under the FD-4500. Currently seeing 625-700 PPFD @ 345W. Not really liking the efficiency of the LM281’s compared to all my other lights that run super efficient LM301H’s. The fixture gets HOT (120°F on the aluminum bars at 70% power) and uses around 45-50 watts more to get similar PPFD readings. For $259.00, it will do the job for now, but my OCD in efficiency and cost per 100PPFD is killing me LOL….The build quality is about satisfactory at best, but again, $259 for up to 420-430W that will still grow plants fine is key.

IMG 2217
IMG 2218
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

That is a good idea, I really like that. I had issues last grow and needed to get my lights as high as possible. I ended up having to break branches, or kinda super crop I guess. Some of them looked like 〰️〰️. I only mention it bc i was amazed at the resilience of the plant. Even the branches i def broke all formed a nice strong knuckle and came back. My problem was I got jammed up and vegged too long. By the time i was able to get them into flower they were 1.5ft tall.

What type of soil are you growing in? What's nutrients are you using? I hope I didn't scan right over it and miss it. I thought I looked through it all.

Your set up looks great.

Top Bottom