Phoenix , Santa Fe....or ???

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I need a big bad ass dehuey.

The 100 pint Ideal Air aint big enough.

So, I am gonna step up to the pump with a big bad ass dehuey.

It seems, at this level of dehuey, quality is a given. I like the Phoenix because its constructed out of stainless steel. Both look like the jam. I haven't gotten so far as to call them and get an filter maintenence schedule. I would like to know what it costs to service each of them annually. I dont wanna get stuck buying high dollar filters.

Any experiences with either brand?

Phoenix- 161 pints/8.9amps/$2150-ish(ebay prices)
Santa Fe- 155 pints/8.0amps/$2050-ish(same)

TIA

deacon1503

deacon1503

I've got phoenix max air 200 and you can choose which filter ud like to use as the size is very common. I got it for $700 after watching craigslist and eBay like a hawk for a month. LGR dehueys are the way to go.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I hated the Ideal Air units, I thought they were crap...

I've got 2 santa fe Max Dry's and I love them. Short and fat, and fucking heavy!!! No built in condensate pump and doesn't come with castors or wheels...

I have a HI Dry 100 and 195 too and I love them too, I like these because of the built in condensate pumps and they come with castors to make em mobile.

Both Hi Dry and Santa Fe use the same filters, 16x20x2...I went to the Casa Depot and bought a replacement for $9.....No maintenance and no annual upkeep...

I like my Hi Dry's better, but only because of the shape and the way the air is brought in and exhausted...

I have never used a phoneix before...

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im sure these dont break that much, But I got my a/c guy to get me a santa fe max from his distributor so warenty work will be alot easyer than if i ordered it online.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I went down to my local grow store and had the guy their put in to be a retailer / dealer. Should make any warrenty work alittle easer. Hope to never have any problems with it. I have 2 rooms that are 20x11 with a solid cannapie. The 155 is able to keep the humidity in check but I do not have 100 % controle over it.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

The Quest I found online was 1900 buck for a 106 pint

Santa Fe is 155 pints for 2000.

Why is QUest better? The same size unit pulls 2 more amp than a Santa Fe...

I am missing something?

S

swisscheese

PHOENIX is the shit bro. I have never tried santa fe but they are both by therma stor. Phoenix 200 ht max or 270 ht max depending on your scale. You can upgrade the filters to merv 14 to purify your air and also add trays of activated carbon to reduce or eliminate odors. They never break and I mean it, a couple of my friends own restoration companies and use them exclusively. They are also great for drying a crop in a hurry if you fear leo or break in problems. I whole heartedly recommend the Phoenix line of lgr dehumidifiers. As soon as I cut my crop down in my journal I will be getting at least 1 if not 4 of the high end 270 ht max models. Better air quality, auto restart so it works with room controllers, on its own it tries to keep the room at about 50% humidity, multiple ducting options to keep it out of the room if need be, and it's build like a fucking tank. Hard to hate on Phoenix dehumidifiers because they are the best IMHO nothing touches them. Remember it is high end commercial/industrial grade. Therma stor makes one other model that is hospital grade but is a waste of money stick with PHOENIX!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

where did you get pricing bro?

The only price I see is how much you will save in a year on electricity.

S

swisscheese

where did you get pricing bro?

The only price I see is how much you will save in a year on electricity.

Yeah they tricked me my bad would a mod erase my post about the quest dehumifiers I'll stick to phoenix.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

The Quest I found online was 1900 buck for a 106 pint

Santa Fe is 155 pints for 2000.

Why is QUest better? The same size unit pulls 2 more amp than a Santa Fe...

I am missing something?

I never said the Quest was a better unit. I said it had a better warrenty. The Quest and the Santa Fe dehumidfier are made in the same building by the same people.

The prices your getting suck, I paid 1600 otd for my 155 unit new.

O and yea you did missing sompthing. Both the units use the same amount of power with the same specs

http://www.dehumidifierexperts.com/...edium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=google_base

S

swisscheese

Raw did you order it online or in store? I got the impression from them that they charge more in store.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Can I walk into somewhere in Norcal and find that deal?....

tia

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Santa Fe makes Quest. I have 2 155Duals and a 205 dual on wheels. These are some of the highest quality electronics i have seen to date wish they made ACs this quality. Nice thing about thoís model is its ductable so i have mine on the roof of the room ducted in. Only downfall is they are big awkward and heavy as hell..

S

swisscheese

Santa Fe makes Quest. I have 2 155Duals and a 205 dual on wheels. These are some of the highest quality electronics i have seen to date wish they made ACs this quality. Nice thing about thoís model is its ductable so i have mine on the roof of the room ducted in. Only downfall is they are big awkward and heavy as hell..

They are all from thermastor is the best part and I believe all their products are American made. I'm probably going with a Phoenix still just because I can duct them and have had great experiences in the past with them but always more research to be done. Medicated and rambling now.

Top Bottom