Phone spam ramping up

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I've been getting a lot of calls from people claiming to be from 'medical services' the last few months. A lot of them have even come from local numbers. ( I live is a very sparse rural area) and they all have the same accent. I use Comcast as a home line.

I am 54 and in great health and don't have any real medical history. There is no reason for me to be getting these calls. I get about 50 a day and they seem to be clustered at certain times starting at 9 am and going till about 7pm.

I am rapidly going crazy and have started to yell obscenities and VERY offense slurs into the phone the second they start with their spiel.

I think soon I will NEED some medical services, mental ones, and I have already burned all my bridges with the very ones offering them.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They're not from local numbers, they just put fake phone numbers on your caller ID to make you think they're local and legit. Right now I keep getting calls from Alexa, who leaves messages, yapping about taxes.

I moved from NC a few years ago and kept my old number. Almost all my spam calls have caller IDs with an NC area code now.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Ya half the time if you go to call the fake number back. You will get an actual local person. Who literally has no idea their number was just hijacked for the scam call. Sometimes they're not just fake numbers. But real number switcharoos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom