Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible pH

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi!
I have been having problems with these plants for months, I don't know what I could do anymore:
A few months ago the branches started to be purple, I didn't worry too much because I thought it was normal for the branches exposed to the LEDs, the leaves showed a probable magnesium deficiency, which for now seems to be resolved. About a month and half ago I bought a ph and moisture tester for the soil for about 16$, I tested the pH and it was about 8, I thought that was wrong because of the cheap tester, a week later I tested the run out water with a chemical tester, and it confermed the soil pH tester measure (run out water between 7,5 and 8)... meanwhile the leaves have begun to show what I believe is a severe phosphorus deficiency. After this, I didn't use pH up for my feeding solution anymore, and watered with a ph of 5.5, after 2 weeks the pH was still the same (about 8). I started using a pH down (pH 1), and watered at ph 4, as soon as I water I do the soil pH test, detecting a pH of 7, but after a few hours it starts to rise and the next day it returns to 7.5/8, and this happened for some weeks watering 2 times a week (one time with nutes and one only water and acid), I had enough of this and I bought citric acid (I didn't want to use again pH down I already have because it is zinc based and I don't want to risk a zinc toxicity), got my water solution down to ph 3 (about 14 grams of citric acid monohydrate for 6 Liters), soil tester gives me a pH of 4 or 4,5 in 3 different pots, but again, after a day, it turns back to pH 7,2/7,8. I didn't want to flush my plants because my soil is full of bat guano and organic matter that has to break down.
Changing pot, I noticed that some roots are not as white as I remember they should be, but are tending to brown.
I have to clarify one thing, some months ago I used too much ph up (humic acid) due to another test that I no longer use that carried a slightly lower ph value than it was in truth, also in the soil I put 1 gram/Liter of soil of top crop top vulcan, which has a ph of 7.5. I'm afraid to keep using a lot of acid, but I don't know what to do.
(I'm sorry for my language)

Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 2
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 3
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 4
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 5
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 6
Phosphorus deficiency and incorrigible ph 7
The tank

The tank

When your PH is outa whack feeding to what you this is a deficiency can be a problem in and of itself. I would flush and then use Advanced Nutrients, Sensi Bloom part A&B, as this product is PH correcting. Won't take long and you'll see a difference.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Your plants will deal with ph in soil over time, when you keep changing it they can't adjust to the radical changes like a PH 4 watering,they are adapting to high PH and then they get a shot of acid to the roots and re adapt,you are not running hydroponics so the soil will buffer . I have plants outdoors in clay and they get big and stay green,year after year,indoors I have never tested the PH in my medium (promix) in over 20 years,i only worry about it if i run just hydroponics . Make your solution up a day or 2 before hand and keep checking the PH and keep it at around 6.5 -7 and that's all you need to do. As The Tank mentioned, feed them a good nutrient ,maybe in promix next time so when you start you know what's in there.