Phosphorus deficiency?

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Hey guys, looks like maybe I’m having a P deficiency. I’m here hoping to confirm or to find the actual cause. DWC 5 gal res with 3 gal water with fox farm nutes. Adding Hydroguard 4 ml every res change. I give 2 ml big bloom and 1 1/4 ml grow big. Temps no higher than 75 or lower than 70 Fahrenheit. Humidity is cruising around 45-55%. Roots are beautiful and plentiful.

Phosphorus deficiency
Phosphorus deficiency 2
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Hopefully not excess phosphorus, but I doubt it. Adding some pho’s to next res mix.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Time to unpack this a little

-First and foremost always use the Grow Big Hydro since it has calcium in it and reg Grow Big does not

-When you say you are mixing at that ratio are you mixing that ratio per gallon or for all 3 gallons? Did you maybe mean tsp not ml?

-At the ratios you are mixing at, whether it is per gal or all 3 gals, you are way low on the nutes

This is what you are at if mixing the above per gallon

FF

That works out to 41 ppm plus the starting water. If that ratio is for all 3 gals it's a 1/3 of that.

They are prob starving.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just to give you an idea this is Grow Big Hydro by itself @ 10ml per gal

Ffgbh

Works out to 292 ppm plus starting water. That is a little more where you want to be @ 7-10ml per gal depending on starting water. 10ml being RO water. Way better ratio. Reg Grow Big IMO is trash unless using amended soil and even then its ehhhh. The Grow Big Hydro is prob their best all around nute imo all by itself. Reg Grow big has way too much NH4 in it (ammonium) which you want a ratio of like 10:1at the most between N03 (Nitrate) : NH4

Grow Big
GB

Grow Big Hydro
GBH

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If I had to guess reg Grow Big is formulated to work directly with their soils. Why it has a weird ratio and no calcium in it.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Time to unpack this a little

-First and foremost always use the Grow Big Hydro since it has calcium in it and reg Grow Big does not

-When you say you are mixing at that ratio are you mixing that ratio per gallon or for all 3 gallons? Did you maybe mean tsp not ml?

-At the ratios you are mixing at, whether it is per gal or all 3 gals, you are way low on the nutes

This is what you are at if mixing the above per gallon

View attachment 892875

That works out to 41 ppm plus the starting water. If that ratio is for all 3 gals it's a 1/3 of that.

They are prob starving.
Definitely meant teaspoons. Sorry about that. I agree though plants were starving. Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify that for me and showing me exactly what parts I was giving to my plant in nutes ( rather, not giving) I need to invest in grow big hydro. Will be doing that ASAP man thank you

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

UPDATE:
Thank you all for your help. I upped my nutes to 3 tsp of grow big, 3 tsp of big bloom per gallon. I just transitioned into flower stage last weekend so I then gave it 3 tsp big bloom, 1 tsp of grow big, 1 tsp of tiger bloom, all per gallon. Then I added some CalMag and HydroGaurd.
She’s doing beauty! And my outdoor just started budding too. (Just proud, not relevant haha)
Here’s a couple pics to see the major turnaround on my lady since the last pics.

A02AFB48 AE12 496F 9F35 DB7587EF8D49
E2EF78C9 252B 4CA1 AD7C 739757A9ED11

Latest posts

Top Bottom