Photo in a 3.7 gallon pot?

• Thread starter GenieMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GenieMan

GenieMan

I got a seed from someone and realized it was a photo instead of an auto and I have it in a 3.7 gallon pot and was wondering if I can manage to grow it in this pot by lst'ing or doing some other method to keep it a decent size lol.

BB22

BB22

I got a seed from someone and realized it was a photo instead of an auto and I have it in a 3.7 gallon pot and was wondering if I can manage to grow it in this pot by lst'ing or doing some other method to keep it a decent size lol.

You’re more likely to receive help if you post pics ✌️

GenieMan

GenieMan

This ia my photo thats about 2 weeks old.

figolus

figolus

with a pics it's better, otherwise if you are still growing, if it is still young and flexible, you can do trellising ,cut apex , do an lst or hst this will allow you to manage the height.

Grower1974

Grower1974

All my indoor photoperiods grow in 4 gallon plastic pots. I transplant once at around 2.5-3 weeks into them.

This cycle, I’m using (3) 4 gallon pots, and a single 2.5 gallon pot as a trial.

These plants are 50 days from sprout. 12 days from flip.

Tallest is 46” currently. (Sour Diesel back left).

IMG 4051
GenieMan

GenieMan

Ok cool, so hopefully they dont become root bound and I'm also going to lst it once it becomes bigger. Nice looking plants btw

Grower1974

Grower1974

Ok cool, so hopefully they dont become root bound and I'm also going to lst it once it becomes bigger. Nice looking plants btw
Don’t worry about root binding. If you supply the plant with the moisture, nutrients and environment needed, you’ll never create TRUE root binding indoors unless trying to grow monsters in Solo cups.

This pot is only .6 gallon, and the plant is still growing ridiculously fast. Yes, I have to tend it every day with water, and every 2 days with a very controlled amount of food.

IMG 3946
Newty

Newty

I grow strictly in 3 gallon pots, never had an issue. I've never had to flip my plants early because my pots were to small, I'm growing in a 80" tall tent and strain type and plant height is the deciding factor of when I flip to flower.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Another problem I have is I also started growing an auto alongside my photo not knowing it was a photo. I guess I can long veg the photo until the autos done? My autos this.

Newty

Newty

Another problem I have is I also started growing an auto alongside my photo not knowing it was a photo. I guess I can long veg the photo until the autos done? My autos this.View attachment 2142490
The Auto will flower no matter the light schedule so technically you could just run the light like you normally would for a photoperiod.

I haven't grown autos so idk if that's the best course of action when growing in the same area.

GenieMan

GenieMan

Ya I was thinking about that but read it would have lower yield or what not. I might end up trying it though.

Grower1974

Grower1974

Ya I was thinking about that but read it would have lower yield or what not. I might end up trying it though.
I’ve grown autos in my tent with photos. Works fine. Autos just resume on 12/12 after the flip as well. The autos will generally take a few extra weeks to mature, but I have never deemed yield being much less if any at all….

Top Bottom