Photo periods in bloom! Share your pics and advice.

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert23howard

Day 1 of changing to 12/12. Off to a nice start, veg went perfect for these 5 ladies. Using my last grows notes helped tremendously. Never really had a bump in the road. 4 completely different strains, looking forward to these next 63-70 days.

Photo periods in bloom  share your pics and advice
R

Robert23howard

Definitely going to throw another trellis on them maybe 2, but going to wait till day 21 hopefully. Would like to be able to defoliate without that 2nd trellis on them. That as most of you know that trellis, is a pain in the butt trying to reach through and definitely helps with the accidental clip of the trellis net itself and mess up the whole darn thing. Hope you enjoy the pics! Send a few if you have some.

IMG 8917
IMG 8916
Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Day 1 of changing to 12/12. Off to a nice start, veg went perfect for these 5 ladies. Using my last grows notes helped tremendously. Never really had a bump in the road. 4 completely different strains, looking forward to these next 63-70 days.
I'm also looking forward to your next 75-80 days....... ;)

I'm not a fan of defoliation into flowering, "stripping them down" so,unds extreme, but it's your grow and it looks like you know what you're doing and how you like to shape things.......

I flipped today too, so it'll be cool to join your flower cycle timing.

So what are your 4 varieties?

20230530 222201
R

Robert23howard

I'm also looking forward to your next 75-80 days....... ;)

I'm not a fan of defoliation into flowering, "stripping them down" so,unds extreme, but it's your grow and it looks like you know what you're doing and how you like to shape things.......

I flipped today too, so it'll be cool to join your flower cycle timing.

So what are your 4 varieties?
Thank you for the picture! Love what you have going on in that beautiful grow room.

I am growing all Ethos seeds -

2 - Candy Store R1’s
1 - White Wedding
1 - Mandarine cookies
1 - Strawberry Cookies OG V2

I will only defoliate once during the flowering period. Usually day 21 or so, seems to get way more light on the bud sites and they really do fatten up and get nice and dense.

I look forward to watching yours flower over these next couple of months.

Thanks again for the pic!!!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Thank you for the picture! Love what you have going on in that beautiful grow room.

I am growing all Ethos seeds -

2 - Candy Store R1’s
1 - White Wedding
1 - Mandarine cookies
1 - Strawberry Cookies OG V2

I will only defoliate once during the flowering period. Usually day 21 or so, seems to get way more light on the bud sites and they really do fatten up and get nice and dense. Úü ⁷

I look forward to watching yours flower over these next couple of months.

Thanks again for the pic!!!
Yes you seem attached to the number 21... ;)
I'll keep your defoliating schedule in mind. I think we have similar defoliating approach, I tend to stop earlier than you, but I've seen some great results from people who prune more than me........

R

Robert23howard

Currently at day 22 flower. Defoliated yesterday on day 21. First time ever growing. Can’t wait for them to start packing on weight! Wedding Cake and GMO
Sweet!!! Those look fantastic, I was very excited to smoke my first grow last year. It came out fantastic. Looking forward to watching these girls pack on some weight along with you. Please keep sharing your progress, I love to see the changes over the weeks. Thanks for the pics!

R

Robert23howard

Sweet!!! Those look fantastic, I was very excited to smoke my first grow last year. It came out fantastic. Looking forward to watching these girls pack on some weight along with you. Please keep sharing your progress, I love to see the changes over the weeks. Thanks for the pics!
I do see you have some yellow sticky traps in your tent and on your pots. I can tell you from experience on how to get them bugs to go away. Super simple and fertilizes your plants at the same time organically. Used it these last 2 grows and will never use anything else. Not by any means telling you how to grow, as I am new myself but have ran a few times more and have fought them through several grows. Always had them under control but had to stay on top of them. With this stuff you simply top dress about a cup per plant. Once in mid veg and then once in early flower. The bugs just either don’t come or they leave immediately. They just don’t like the smell of it. It is strong but once you mix it up some on top the smell goes away quickly. It is call Neem seed meal - made by Down to Earth. I will attach a pic of it. Worth the 25-30 bucks for a 5lb box. Lasted me 2 grows so far and I probably will have enough to get me half way through this run. There are companies that make sprays and they suck! They work but I am not into spraying my plants let alone my Buds. Also have to spray way to much and it is super time consuming. This top dress is simple and way more efficient. Sorry for the ramble but it is a winner for me. I have no ties to this company at all so I am sure there are others that may make the same thing. I just use this one because I know it works.
it works.

IMG 8939
hzydze

hzydze

I’m excited man, I can’t wait! It is really cool watching them change. I’ll keep posting about them.

hzydze

hzydze

Yeah I had just a little bit of fungus gnats last week. I bought some mosquito bits soaked them in water then watered the plants with it and I haven’t seen any since. I’ll keep that product in mind though for future reference. Thanks for sharing that.

R

Robert23howard

View attachment 1988344

Did lots of bending this run and I'm extremely happy with the results. Will continue to work on my "bending-technique".

I go for the bigger branch and slowly bend it, you can actually feel the fibers of the stem moving when you bend.
It looks like your bending is doing just fine! Was nervous the first time I tried and now once I get that little pop I know they will bend with no problems and stay super healthy.

Thanks for the pics, love the way your buds are starting to stack up.

R

Robert23howard

Yeah I had just a little bit of fungus gnats last week. I bought some mosquito bits soaked them in water then watered the plants with it and I haven’t seen any since. I’ll keep that product in mind though for future reference. Thanks for sharing that.
I also like to top off my soil right as I go into the flowering cycle to give them another fresh supply of nutrients with the added soil. This seems to give them the push they need into the stretch phase.

R

Robert23howard

4 days in and these girls are starting their stretch. So far so good, pushed my light up to 80%. Hopefully get to 100% in the next week or so. No hurry as my PPFD numbers are decent. Shoot some pics, Friday night and time to scroll through some Homegrown beauties!!!

IMG 8952
R

Robert23howard

4 days in and these girls are starting their stretch. So far so good, pushed my light up to 80%. Hopefully get to 100% in the next week or so. No hurry as my PPFD numbers are decent. Shoot some pics, Friday night and time to scroll through some Homegrown beauties!!!
Don’t look at the floor, a little dirty because I was stirring in some top dress nutrients and spilled some. Will suck that out when I defoliate. That always leaves a mess, plus #smokeditupandchillin!

hzydze

hzydze

I also like to top off my soil right as I go into the flowering cycle to give them another fresh supply of nutrients with the added soil. This seems to give them the push they need into the stretch phase.
I may have to try this out next time. Thanks for the tip. I’m at day 25 flower and can’t wait for these next weeks to pass by haha.

R

Robert23howard

Pic of the plants today. Will feed them some tomorrow and get them ready for their 2nd trellis by the middle to end of the week. Deciding if I should just put the next one at 1 foot from the other or 8 inches. Will figure it as I start working the plant through some. Think I can get these girls to spread a bit more before they stop stretching. I believe I can get several more tops some significant light penetration if I can spread them another 3-4 inches. Send those pics of yours! Love looking at them and maybe can pick up a trick or 2 along the grow.

IMG 8975
Top Bottom