Photo phases and changing night to day

• Thread starter cravethelife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cravethelife

cravethelife

Hi there, have just planted 4 seeds and now 10 days later they have go to the stage where they are between 1 and 2 inches high. the problem is that i have had to change the site which they are going o be in. at the moment they are a light cycle to start at 6 in the morning and finishing at 9pm. the problem is the new site that i will be transferring them too will just get to hot in the daytime for this cycle with strong lights. can i change the plants, at this stage, so that the light comes on at night instead of the morning so i can have them lit overnight when i can exhaust the not so hot air and bring in the cooler evening air from outside.

Thank you

cravethelife

cravethelife

Thank you , I was hoping tha this would be the answer, the plants only have 1 set of leaves so hoping that its too early for them to be stressed. I have made a note of the time and will make sure i change the timer to 16hrs. Appreciate your help. Many thanks.

cravethelife

cravethelife

Hi Guys, does anyone else have an opinion on this? I havnt done the switch yet. plan to do tonight.

fractalflowers

fractalflowers

young seedlings are, in my experience, more delicate and sensitive to stress than large, well established plants that are mature. I would recommend 18 hrs light, 6 hrs dark. find a way to measure the temp and humidity in your space. shoot for 70-85 degrees fahrenheit and like 50% humidity. you could probably transfer them to the new spot just fine.

Last edited:
cravethelife

cravethelife

Thank you.

All done last night and gave them 28hrs of light yesterday-today and then switched lights off from 11am-5pm from now on 5pm-11am on 11am-5pm off.

this sound right, right?

Thanks for your replies

Badchoice

Badchoice

Hi there, have just planted 4 seeds and now 10 days later they have go to the stage where they are between 1 and 2 inches high. the problem is that i have had to change the site which they are going o be in. at the moment they are a light cycle to start at 6 in the morning and finishing at 9pm. the problem is the new site that i will be transferring them too will just get to hot in the daytime for this cycle with strong lights. can i change the plants, at this stage, so that the light comes on at night instead of the morning so i can have them lit overnight when i can exhaust the not so hot air and bring in the cooler evening air from outside.

Thank you
If their still early on like the main coil branches havnt formed, you might shock them a little but it’s better to do what your looking for now in the early points before it’s too “”late specially for size a lot easier to move and organize small plants than ones when their in week 4 of veg. Time wise yeah you Can switch the hours and Whatever might be a smal case of shock but nothing that won’t fix it self.

Latest posts

Top Bottom