Photontek x600w pro new user

• Thread starter Franger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Franger

Hello new grower here I am usung they photontek x 600w pro full spectrum led light and was wondering if any body else in here is using it. I have been just moving it up and done because I don't know what I am doing and I am wondering if I should just follow the ppfd chart that shows the height and % I should run at on each stage of growth that came with the lights

B

Budmyser

Download a lux meter to your phone.
This should get you in a good range
8000-9000 lux- seedlings
12,000-23,000 lux veg stage
23,000-35,000 flower
Fine tune to your liking an follow manufacture mim hight distance ( don't get to close ).
Your light is a beast, don't nuke your girls, most of all have fun.

F

Franger

8000-9000 lux- seedlings
23,000-35,000 flower
Fine tune to your liking an follow manufacture mim hight distance ( don't get to close ).
Ok will do tomorrow after work and get back to you if that is OK they are in second week of flower not counting the first 3 weeks since the flip

Madmax

Madmax

Pretty much near on par with my grow.im running the lumatek zeus pro.same light and keeping it between 20-24 inches from canopy seems to b where they like it most in my setup..

F

Franger

8000-9000 lux- seedlings
23,000-35,000 flower
Ok I am reading 43000 lux on one ap and 44000 on another so I am good

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Pretty much near on par with my grow.im running the lumatek zeus pro.same light and keeping it between 20-24 inches from canopy seems to b where they like it most in my setup..
Yes, if I'm not mistaken, the difference between the Photontek and Lumatek lines is purely marketing. Photontek is for the US market. Lumatek is for the European market ... why? I don't know. But I do know that everything component-wise is identical.

It is a beast and should do well in a 4 x 4 to 5 x 5 area.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, I'm new to the led grow myself and I made the mistake of having too much intensity weeks 4 - 5 weeks in flower I had it my Se3000 at 100% giving me lux reading on my meter @ 53,000... I should have kept it closer to what I get off my 1000w hps..33,000 - 37,000lux....I'd bump it up maybe to where you have it now mid flower.....

I read somewere 25,000 was all they need in veg so build slowly to there and watch how they grow

Like I said I'm new to the led and I don't use a ppf meter or give an RA about the charts I'll just dial mine back a bit next time...otherwise I like the led grow results.

B

Budmyser

If you're in flower (buds) that's in the ballpark. Be cautious and watch for 🌮 taco leafing. Below are links to calculate how much light your girls can inside of 24 hours. https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/convert-lux-to-ppfd-online-calculator

Tremojem

Tremojem

So great to see this thread!!!

I have resolved to the fact that I MUST replace my MH TS3000, for my 4x4.. It is a young light but it is garbage. Purchased in October of 2021!

After weeks of videos and website research I narrowed my search to Chilled, Medic Grow Smart 8, and Photontek.

To be fair, these lights cost 3 times as much as the MH.

I have decided on Photontek!!!

It really looks like a winner.

I give credit for my decision to Coco For Cannabis and Migro, to name the TOP 2 influences in making my decision. Two incredible resources and amazing sites. And two of the SMARTEST and NICEST guys on the web. I do not know them personally, but love them, and their contributions to our community!!!

Please keep us posted and share anything you would like regarding your experience and opinions.

Lastly, give this app a try...Photone. Typically I would test the accuracy of this app against a baseline, but could not get my hands on a device to compare accuracies. It is highly rated and very professional, in my opinion. Until I can get more information or test it, I will only use it as a guide, while following known practices such as height and dimming etc. Experience and reading the girls will keep me safe. But ideally I would like to use it to push the girls, once I am confident with its accuracy. Please don't think I am recommending this willy nilly. I am just sharing and don't mean to provide bad recommendations. Its up to you. And if you do get it and its crap after you test it and compare accuracy, please share. The website shows these tests online, but I like to be sure by testing it myself or seeing the community results.

So SORRY for the long rant.

Best to you.

Last edited:
Tremojem

Tremojem

So sorry to all. I COMPLETELY forgot about the Migro video review and comparison.

This is probably cuz I am working on other issues and am not concerned with using any resources to push gals. Which is my bad.

Additional, I am addressing some health issues and am a bit distracted. The big "C" word. But fuck that and fuck excuses. I dropped the ball, and for that I apologize.

Plus, I'm a stoner...haha

Anyway, this app, Photone, is LEGIT!!!

Side note, wish I could have just "edited" the original reply instead of adding posts. I must have screwed something up, cuz I could edit before, and can't now...lol, at least not on this thread.

Best to you.

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry to hear mate..you got bout 20 mins to edit posts before you can’t 😀

Tremojem

Tremojem

Thank you.

Now I know, and it makes sense.

It is on me to get my shit together...lol.

Top Bottom