Photoperiod Qualms?

• Thread starter Ya...The Pizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Ya...The Pizza

I am trying outdoor in a greenhouse in central montana for the first time. I got the greenhouse erected and the plants into the sunlight 2 weeks ago. Right now I believe that they are getting close to 15 hours of sunlight. I was pondering how much longer it will take them to pre-flower. In Montana our growing season isn't quite as long as some of the more southern states, and when winter starts to set in, it becomes pretty harsh. That is why I really would like to get them into flowering soon. Is august usually the month that buds start to form? If so I certainly hope october is mild for MT this year. Thanks 4 the wisdom, W.

F

farmerjohn

You're greenhousing, so it will be easy for you to extend the growing season through various means. If I had more information, I could better offer advice. Things like strain, size, age & cutting or seed plants? Let's assume you have plants ready to flower. Some strains will begin now or soon, but most mid August to mid September. Let's assume it's 9 weeks to flower. Using mid August as a best guess, & assuming again that you will provide heat if needed, expect your ladies to be ready around Halloween. Now, keep in mind a ton of factors can alter that guesstimation by weeks!:icon_spin:

The only tip I can haul off the top of my head is for you to immediately put them into flower by covering the greenhouse, say from 7pm to 7am. As long as there are no light leaks, you are instantly in 12/12! That might allow them to be ready by early October.:RastaBong:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah you will be going into flower right about now or very soon. most 60 days strains should finish around oct 1st depending on thier size and your temps. but it should be close to that give or take.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

thanks yall, I'm doing seeds but the genetics are a mystery. They were out of a bag bestowed upon me from a friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom