Photoperiod question... help?

• Thread starter mooses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mooses

If i were to move some 2ft vegged plants out to a greenhouse around christmas (9hr30m of light) and intended to harvest around February, will there be any negligible effects of days slowly getting a minute longer as long as they finish before the days make it to 12/12 (looks like i'll be chopping when the days are around 11hrs)

So my question, will i get a normal harvest starting my flowering at 9 hrs of day and it slowly going to 11hrs of light, it'll stay under 12 hrs of light, so i cant see why anything would try/want to revert back to veg..

thanks in advance for any help farmers

(i dont think i could be the only one who's ever thrown another crop in the GH after choppin down the Fall Harvest)

squarepusher

squarepusher

good question, would like to hear answer myself too

Although, I think under 12 hours will produce flower (so, like march and earlier), but the increasing photoperiod may be troublesome for loose/airy buds.

lazarus718

lazarus718

My 1st question is why you would have to move an indoor grow out to a greenhouse in the middle of the winter? Not as a smart-ass comment but as a legitimate question.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You will get bud but it will be undeveloped and loose. I'd wait until spring and put them in the GH then, your bud will be much better then.

B

Buddah Ninja

My 1st question is why you would have to move an indoor grow out to a greenhouse in the middle of the winter? Not as a smart-ass comment but as a legitimate question.

I could answer that...........1...cheaper electricity bill (with just veg), 2...because it can be done, 3..really cheap meds, 4.. little to no winter basically in some southern parts of the country so taking advantage of the window of opportunity, and last 5.. bored and too impatient for summer to come and lots of clones or seeds!!!!

lazarus718

lazarus718

I could answer that...........1...cheaper electricity bill (with just veg), 2...because it can be done, 3..really cheap meds, 4.. little to no winter basically in some southern parts of the country so taking advantage of the window of opportunity, and last 5.. bored and too impatient for summer to come and lots of clones or seeds!!!!

Okay, well....I wouldn't say you answered the question. 1) A cheaper electricity bill....you are assuming he lives in a mild climate area. Let's say he lives in Colorado. You will have to heat that greenhouse. Let's say he lives in Florida...there will be many a day that you will have to cool that greenhouse. Each amounts to more use of electricity. 2) Yes, anything can be done. However, that does not mean that anything should be done. 3) They'll be cheaper than street prices if you grow your own no matter what crazy methods you attempt to employ. 4) Again...weather. Let's say he lives in the South. How do you think the weather is from December to March in that region compared to May to August? If your argument is to reduce electrical costs I hate to tell you that the winter months have much more cloud cover than the summer ones. He will be blessed with a much more potent harvest if he kept them indoors. And finally.....5) Patience is what will make you a better marijuana grower. It is the impatient ones that fry their plants and cut them down too early. Being patient is one of THE most important things you can learn as a grower.

B

Buddah Ninja

Okay, well....I wouldn't say you answered the question. 1) A cheaper electricity bill....you are assuming he lives in a mild climate area. Let's say he lives in Colorado. You will have to heat that greenhouse. Let's say he lives in Florida...there will be many a day that you will have to cool that greenhouse. Each amounts to more use of electricity. 2) Yes, anything can be done. However, that does not mean that anything should be done. 3) They'll be cheaper than street prices if you grow your own no matter what crazy methods you attempt to employ. 4) Again...weather. Let's say he lives in the South. How do you think the weather is from December to March in that region compared to May to August? If your argument is to reduce electrical costs I hate to tell you that the winter months have much more cloud cover than the summer ones. He will be blessed with a much more potent harvest if he kept them indoors. And finally.....5) Patience is what will make you a better marijuana grower. It is the impatient ones that fry their plants and cut them down too early. Being patient is one of THE most important things you can learn as a grower.
i dont think he said his location , i was assuming he was from cali.......works for me here

Top Bottom