Photophobia

• Thread starter The Jewels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Jewels

The Jewels

Not often a herbaceous quality.

First of all , I have provided comprimised enviromental conditions during this grow.

I put up mostly green check marks .
Nearly all conditions are ideal for growing cannabis.

My crop and I are staring down a couple of big, red X's
  • Humidity
None of my nickle and dime efforts have raised humidity above the record high mark of %29

• Spectrum
The 600w mhalide bulb I am using is labled @ 13k. Although CRI is high, (human) skin tones are slightly ghostly .

The most obvious plant problem I am seeing is V shaped leaf growth .
All leaves have deep centres and rise with the serrated edges becoming closer together .

Should I assume an ideal leaf shape is flat ? ,parallel to light source, and the teminations of tips straight out ?

Is there a photropic defense against UV photons ? I have read about cuticle chemical defenses, but, I wonder if there is a motor reaction as well .?

I should mention this is not an issue of photo intensity ( the light is [[ should not be ]] not too bright)
I feel they should be capable of greater amounts .
I see their little faces pucker up, and they tell me to move the light farther away .Now I am unimpressed with all the strech and poor branching .

So,, Why cant I push these plants ?
Is this a Humidity issue or a Spectral issue ?

The Jewels

The Jewels

20190109 213333
That is a photo I found in my gallery. Not to bad here .
They clam up tighter than that. Not twisting,,, they just appaer 'closed for business'

The Jewels

The Jewels

My gut hurts, respiration elevated, slight perspiration of upper lip,,,
Golly, that was ghastly, went from bad to worse; no disrespect to the participants .

I am still seeing plenty of speedy lush growth, no tissue damage, I am just complianing of the overall leaf shape/presentation/posture.

I have been reading up on Vpd, humidity and temp.
As I cannot correct humidity (yet) I am aiming lower for lower temps.

The Jewels

The Jewels

I acknowledge that I have created these problems and hope to alleviate the issue by adressing the humidity and bulb selection.

Being inexperienced, I was curious if someone would chime in and tell me
" that is what leaves do in low humidity " or say something like
" I have finished with 13k, and the fans always close up "

Dan789

Dan789

My gut hurts, respiration elevated, slight perspiration of upper lip,,,
Golly, that was ghastly, went from bad to worse; no disrespect to the participants .

I am still seeing plenty of speedy lush growth, no tissue damage, I am just complianing of the overall leaf shape/presentation/posture.

I have been reading up on Vpd, humidity and temp.
As I cannot correct humidity (yet) I am aiming lower for lower temps.
Just normal gestation pains, nothing to worry unduly about. Lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
13000 K? Bro get yourself something around 3-4000 K. V shape is a form of heat or humidity stress or it could be genetics also. Can’t tell much from the photo but it will not get much better at 29%, tho, it’ll grow. Investing in a humidifier is a wise move imo.

Top Bottom