Phototek 1000 co2 led light

• Thread starter Rusty547
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rusty547

Hi I’m rusty547. Thinking of going led. With phototek 1000 co2 led. Also want to try autopot smart pot water system in 5 gallon pots. How many plants should I use for best grow with that light?Also what is the maximum size the growroom should be for best grow with that light? Not planning on using co2. What do you all suggest! Have been using 1000 watt HID lights. Thanks for your help!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Without Co2 that light is overkill. You'll never be able to use it at its fullest potential.
But it's good for about a 5x5' area.
If you want to replace HID look at a 650w LED. Honestly even the newer 480w bar style lights are plenty for a 4x4' area.
How big of a growspace do you have?

Reactions: PK1
R

Rusty547

Hi Dirtbag. Thanks for responding. I know. Trying to make things work. I have a 6.5’x14’ veg room with 2 T5s that works in that limited space. Not perfect but it’s cheap electric and does the job I live in CT and have very high electric rates. The bud room is 6.5’x14’ and has promise. Was running 2 1000hps but cut it to 1 because of the electric rates etc.. The room was perfect for the two 1000s running at the same time. What do you think I should do? I was only going to use a portion of that room. Like 6.5’ x6’ or whatever . The room was built just for weed .has 2 exhaust fans insulated flat white etc.. Thanks so much for your help. Rusty547

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hi Dirtbag. Thanks for responding. I know. Trying to make things work. I have a 6.5’x14’ veg room with 2 T5s that works in that limited space. Not perfect but it’s cheap electric and does the job I live in CT and have very high electric rates. The bud room is 6.5’x14’ and has promise. Was running 2 1000hps but cut it to 1 because of the electric rates etc.. The room was perfect for the two 1000s running at the same time. What do you think I should do? I was only going to use a portion of that room. Like 6.5’ x6’ or whatever . The room was built just for weed .has 2 exhaust fans insulated flat white etc.. Thanks so much for your help. Rusty547
If electric is a concern, I'd use something like 2x Spiderfarmer SE5000's in the flower room. Both running full blast would only pull about 900w and would light the whole area quite nicely for a ventilated grow without Co2.

Reactions: PK1
R

Rusty547

I know you are right no question above it.I a really don’t want to grow the whole room . Too much work. How could I make the 1000 work by itself. How many 5 gallon pots could it handle? Is it that inefficient for all sizes? I think l could return it and get the lights you suggested. I was thinking that the co2 1000 would kick ass by itself. It would be more efficient but I was wrong. Is the 1000 a waste and not efficient enough? Not crazy about returning it but don’t want to be stuck with a loser. It would be much better to have options with lighting the whole room. How many 5 gallon pots would the co2 1000 handle vs the whole room being lit? What is that answer? And do you think the 2 spiders could light the majority of the room? Thanks Dirtbag! Rusty547

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That light will be fine if you can dial it down, but at full power it will be putting out way too much light to not have Co2 supplementation and would likely fry the plants. If you ran it at say 70% in flower you could do 4-9 x 3 or 5 gallon soil plants under it, or 9-16 plants in 2 or 3 gallon pots. That part is flexible.. but it will only be good for about a 5x5 area. And yeah 2x SE5000's would light the entire 6.5x6' space. But now that I think about it they might not fit, 2x SE3000's would fit and would light up a 6x4' area.
But if you already have that light... I dont want to tell you to send it back. It's just designed to be used in a high output, sealed growroom with Co2 supplementation and air conditioning. It's too powerful to run at full blast in a ventilated grow room. So it's only inefficient in the sense that you can't use it to its fullest potential and it limits you to an awkward footprint for that floorplan.

R

Rusty547

Hi Dirtbag. You are the best. Thanks for all your information and taking your time to help me . I think l might go the 2 spider route as you suggested For maximum efficientcy. I will keep you updated. Be safe. Rusty547

Top Bottom