Picks of the ORTEGA clone who has some

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

looking for pics of the ortega clone trying to identify her.If anybody has this ol lady from CA please post a pic up.THNAK YOU

true grit

true grit

Always heard bout this clone....you bout to rock it out bro? DOnt know much bout it...

Illmind

Illmind

Big yielder of dank. Pics are gonna be hard to come by. Very citrusy dank. I grew a hybrid of this beast and it was a monster. If you got her you da man. Nice cash cropper to make up for low yielding dank and people won't be mad it is kill. Well the hybrid I ran anyway.Good luck with this here. I hope to see some shot too.

J

Jalisco Kid

I might still have some picks of ortega #1 and a friend here can probably show you ortega #3. You could probably see them at gypomatics site. Mine was a real slow vegger. Better for breeding I think. JK

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i think dutch passion has it but who knows if its the original or not LUI has some ortega in it and that is dank

Venom818

Venom818

Always heard bout this clone....you bout to rock it out bro? DOnt know much bout it...

making a bean run bro open pollination with the legends ultimate indica and plan on keeping clones of all the females i actually sampled her and she was a bomb indica with that cold feeling u get on your forehead dont know if u have ever experinced that haha

Big yielder of dank. Pics are gonna be hard to come by. Very citrusy dank. I grew a hybrid of this beast and it was a monster. If you got her you da man. Nice cash cropper to make up for low yielding dank and people won't be mad it is kill. Well the hybrid I ran anyway.Good luck with this here. I hope to see some shot too.

thnx never grew her befor did smoke her yeah shes dank

I might still have some picks of ortega #1 and a friend here can probably show you ortega #3. You could probably see them at gypomatics site. Mine was a real slow vegger. Better for breeding I think. JK

gracias
i think dutch passion has it but who knows if its the original or not LUI has some ortega in it and that is dank

thnx for the info

true grit

true grit

Sounds dank- keep me posted on how they roll out! I was tellin Medz, need to get me a stable of dank ass 8-9wk knockout semi yielding indi/kushes. Need to actually flip some dank while I nail down these chems/ogs.....

Nope never had the cold forehead! lol. Just the headband sweat. ha.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The LUI run ought to produce some real heavy-leaning Ortega phenos- the Ortega is a great medical strain.... Good luck, Venom!

Venom818

Venom818

Sounds dank- keep me posted on how they roll out! I was tellin Medz, need to get me a stable of dank ass 8-9wk knockout semi yielding indi/kushes. Need to actually flip some dank while I nail down these chems/ogs.....

Nope never had the cold forehead! lol. Just the headband sweat. ha.

haha yeah i get that one 2 with some og's and some sweaty palms LOL

The LUI run ought to produce some real heavy-leaning Ortega phenos- the Ortega is a great medical strain.... Good luck, Venom!

there all very similar super stable genetics not much variation at all i hope i find some keepers

S

SB805KUSH

found some info from dutchpassion.com pics did not load??

strainstories

*Green Born Identity's Strain Stories
Ortega Indica
Back to the future: Ortega Indica - The perfect soporific
Text & Photos: Green Born Identity - G.B.I

Ortega Indica is the first medical strain officially classified as such by Dutch Passion. Its pedigree dates back to original stock from breeder Nevilleā€™s legendary Seed Bank of the eighties, consisting of the original Ortega Indica and Northern Lights #1. Henk from Dutch passion reports about the breeding history of the strain: ā€œIn the ninetees we did experiments in Switserland with many varieties. Part of these varieties was old Neville stock, six or seven varieties if I remember well. One of them was the original Ortega Indica crossed with Northern Lights #1 done by Neville. In Switserland we did selective breeding on this strain which resulted in our Ortega Indica #3. After the Swiss experiments a different producer continued the work on this strain (for achieving a non-morning-after effect) in Holland which resulted in the current Ortega Indica. This producer does not harvest fast, but lets the plants mature well. Often flowering consists of two or three waves, the third wave taking another extra two weeks.ā€
Like many other Dutch Passion strains, Ortega Indica is only available as a feminised seed strain. She can be cultivated with good results in both indoor and greenhouse environments. Under natural light, she reaches maturity in the third week of October. Flowering time is 8-10 weeks, leaving the plants with compact buds that provide a medium yield. Ortega Indica plants are expected to stay small (dwarf-like) and compact, being quite homogeneous. The high is medium strong. According to Dutch Passion, ā€œOrtega Indica is a good variety to smoke before going to sleep, a feature present in all Indicaā€™s, but more extreme in Ortega Indica. It works as an effective sleeping pill and tranquilizer.ā€ Itā€™s also expected to provide a good pain killing effect to the consumer. Dutch Passion further reports: ā€œSpecific for Ortega Indica in the second place, and not experienced by other Indicas is the fact that its high does not have a cloudy morning after effect. This term expresses that the morning after smoking Ortega Indica, almost no cannabis effects are experienced any more. Waking up with a clear mind is not that much experienced after takinig sleeping pills or tranquilizers (side effects).ā€ Ortega Indicaā€™s aroma is described as earthy, spicy and tobacco-like.

German grower The Doc conducted an Ortega Indica test grow. Due to limited space (he also had some other strains growing in his room) he only sowed three feminised Ortega Indica seeds. The Docā€™s plants, however, are always blessed with quite a long vegetative growth period and plenty of light, yielding good results in terms of size and harvest in the end. The three seeds germinated well and were cultivated in the beginning under two 125 W CFL lights (6400 Kelvin). Two weeks after germination, the plants measured about 15 cm and were extremely compact and also homogeneous, already featuring a lot of side branch development. The Doc replaced the CFL lights with two 600 W Planta Star HPS bulbs, so the plants were coddled with plenty of light. In the third week, the plants did not increase much in height, but their side branches began to spurt dynamically, making for a very bushy and compact growth model. After four weeks, the three Ortega Indica plants still were very homogeneous. The Doc induced flowering by reducing the daily light cycle from 18 to 12 hours. The two Planta Star bulbs were replaced by two 600 W Osram Son-T bulbs specially suitable for the flowering period. The three plants had meanwhile reached a height of 50-60 cm and a diameter of 30-40 cm. The fun was about to begin now. After the first week of flowering, it became evident that the plants would significantly stretch, a few days later they had already arrived at a height of 70-80 cm, and after two and a half weeks even at 80-100 cm, but they still were quite bushy and compact, due to the many side branches that were very thick and long. Now the first flower clusters became visible at the top of the branches, bud formation was about getting into full gear. After four weeks of flowering, the plants had already produced a lot of resin, spreading a sweet and spicy scent. In the sixth week of flowering, the plants had literally exploded, bud formation was getting more and more massive and the intense scent even more complex and penetrant. With regard to the indica nature of the strain, the calyx-to-leaf ratio of the buds was surprisingly high.
There meanwhile were certain differences in height between the plants, one of them clearly was the tallest, the second one about 15 cm lower and the third one another 20 cm lower, being the most bushy plant. In terms of aroma and resin production though, there were hardly any differences. Also during the seventh week of flowering, the buds kept putting on weight, almost looking like finished. But The Doc knew theyā€™d need 1-2 weeks more until their full potential was tapped. After the eighth week of flowering, countless fat sweet smelling top colas were protruding from the plants, and The Doc was close to let the harvest scissors do their work, but he waited another four days until he harvested the three main colas only, as he was a little bit worried they might fall victim to bud mold, although he actually had a good air humidity of about 40% in his grow room. One week later, after nine and a half weeks, The Doc harvested the rest of the plants, too. All the three Ortega Indica plants had reached maturity in time, within the time frame of 8-10 flowering weeks stated by Dutch Passion. Also, they had proven to be 100% female, there was not a single male flower on the plants. Ortega Indica is a stable, quite homogeneous strain, apart from certain differences in height, the three plants were pretty much of the same kind.

After they had dried, the Ortega Indica buds were put on the scales. The Doc happily celebrated a fat harvest of 341 grams, plus a lot of resinous leaf material for the Ice-O-Lator. A big yield was to be expected though, in view of the far above average light intensity in The Docā€™s garden ā€“ in the last four weeks of flowering, he had even added another 400 W Osram Son-T bulb! For the Ortega smoking test, The Doc had invited a couple of friends. The buds provided a quite unusal smoke, it was wonderfully mild and sweet, but nevertheless also a little bit spicy, slightly reminding of a fine cigar. Ortega Indicaā€™s medium strong high fulfilled The Docā€™s expectations as well, quickly causing a nice relaxation effect that at a certain point gave way to a sweet sleepiness. Some of The Docā€™s friends are suffering from chronic pain, and they reported it was distinctly alleviated after having smoked Ortega Indica.
With 70 Euros for 10 feminised seeds, Ortega Indica has a very affordable price. I guess this strain will become particularly popular amongst medical marijuana patients. But for any kind of weed smoker, it can serve as a perfect soporific if needed.

Green Born Identity - G.B.I

Cultivation data:

Strain: Ortega Indica
Vegetative stage here: 4 weeks
Flowering here: 9.5 weeks, 8-10 weeks in general
Medium: Plagron Standard Mix, 6.5 litre pots
pH: 6-6.5
EC Wachstum: 1,2-1,6 mS
BlĆ¼te: 1,6-1,8 mS

Lights
Vegetative (first two weeks): 2 x 125 W CFL (6400 Kelvin)
Vegetative (second two weeks): 2 x 600 W Planta Star HPS
Flowering (week 1-5): 2 x 600 W Osram Son-T
Flowering (week 6-9): 2 x 600 W Osram Son-T and 1 x 400 W Osram Son-T

Temperature

Flowering: 22-24Ā°C
Flowering: 24-28Ā°C

Air humidity
Flowering: 40-60%
Flowering: 40%

Watering: by hand
Fertiliser: HeSi BlĆ¼hkomplex, from the 4th week also HeSi Phosphor Plus
Additives: Nitrozyme and HeSi Boost Complex
Height: 95-120 cm
Yield: 341 grams

S

SB805KUSH

ortega.bmp

one pic of four from dutch passion's website

dont know what pheno ?
trying to find pics from cali ortega cut!

S

special101

I hope some one gets those pics I would love to see it!!!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

there all very similar super stable genetics not much variation at all i hope i find some keepers

I got a pack about 5 yrs ago, and they expressed differently. Hmmm. I kept 3 phenos, 2 were similar. The One leaning toward Ortega (IMO) was a serious couch-lock. Woke up many mornings on couch with stiff neck...lol It had a nutty, spicy aroma, kinda like hazelnut coffee. Definitely no signs of the sweettooth #3.

C

croniholic

I am flowering some LUI's now and looking for the Ortega side of things. Any tips on what to look for?

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
Venom818.. If you are looking for some pure Ortega seeds, Shanti just released and has some available from old Neville stock.. Just got some myself.. $88 a pack and 15+ seeds..

J

Jalisco Kid

Sorry for not taking time to find those pics of Ortega #1. It looks nothing like the above pic. Mine looked more like a deep chunk just a little bit smaller leafs.(not as wide)
JK

Venom818

Venom818

i got 2 phenos that have some nice thick leaves ill snap a pic when the light come on maybe that will help

Latest posts

Top Bottom