Picnic Basket OG and Sour Patch Kush bud shots ~SMF~

• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
First off id like to thank Baba for letting me test and run his epic genetics. also would like to publicly thank him for being so patient as i went thru a ton of bullshit that got in the way and set my test runs back. life happens and baba understood this so i have nothing but respect for you. once again thanks for understanding my situation. your a straight up solid friend :)

ok, so for this test grow i started off in week one of bloom by having to move all my pants into a truck in the middle of when the bellow 30 degree weather hit here because of location issues. i wont go to far into details but the plants were stressed to high levels. then when i finally got them back in and under lights damn near 3 days later after being all mashed up with every single plant i have to my name, mites were spread everywhere....so to say the least, i tested how far these could get pushed and stressed. i guess take the positive from this and know these genetics are SOLID as can be. i found not one nanner or seed after trimming all of the buds and looking over the plants. Also, this was the first time in a SUPER long time i changed my feed. i decided and was talked into going full organic by my very good friend and who i now consider a brother, alien. he walked me thru and helped me understand organics. i also can forget my good homie and another cat i consider a brother waayne for helping with the organics end as well.

enough with the stories, just wanted to paint a picture so yall understand how wicked these genetics really are. if i had money i would most def buy more packs just for back ups.

all flowers taken till day 64....

~PICNIC BASKET OG~

Pheno #1 aka the "frost bomb pheno"
she smells EPIC. pics dont do justice, shes a ICE BOMB. its a heavy OG smelling flower that is almost masked by a berry smell that words can almost not describe. id maybe like a creamy blueberry kush with OG tones is the best i could put it. the flavor is damn near spot on to the smell, but maybe with a more berry kush end but a flat out OG inhale. exhale is most def kush berries....
Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 2

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 3

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 4

Pheno # 4 aka the "OG on roids pheno"
This pheno is def more on the OG side but still has a light pleasant berry to her. not as much berry as the #1 ice bomb pheno but still a very strong flavor and smelling herb. she flat out pumped hard. awesome structure and every flower on her was usable. def was loved by the patients that left with these meds. stuff has great bag appeal as well.
Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 5

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 6

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 7

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 8

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 9

~SOUR PATCH KUSH~

Pheno #3 aka the "lemon sour patch pheno"
this pheno is another icy one.....id iv noticed all the baba phenos from this run were very nice from seed. the smell of this pheno is exactly like the yellow colored lemon sour patch kid candies. even has the flavor but with an added kush bottom end. the flavor lingers for a while and the buzz lasts for a few hours. i really enjoyed smoking this one just on flavor factor alone. another one that had a nice yield of dense buds and great bag appeal. top notch smoke.
Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 10

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 11

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 12

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 13

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 14

Pheno #5 aka the "sour pheno"
this pheno is just flat out sour. the most sour smelling and tasting plant iv found from seed yet. its flavor is beyond complex. it has this sour patch kid berry taste with some kush flavor to it but the sour just keeps coming back and almost over powering the other flavors. as far as taste goes, it may be my favorite from this whole test run, but they are all so good its hard to pick an absoluite favorite. anyone looking for sour.....get these if you can. bag appeal is epic, flavor is epic and the buzz smacks you and lingers for hours. great daytime herb esp for someone like me who cant smoke sativa flowers that are racy because of anxiety. this is no anxiety daytime smoke. shes a killer
Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 15

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 16

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 17

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 19

Picnic basket og and sour patch kush bud shots smf 18

thanks everyone and i hope yall enjoy my lil nug report on this test run. any questions please feel to fire away and ill do my best to answer as detailed as possible. much love and respect ~SMF~

dirk d

dirk d

Great Job SMF! even with all your issues they turned out great! Sour Patch Kush sounds real nice. I been after something super sour for awhile now. How many beans of each strain did you pop?

waayne

waayne

Nice work SMF!
Baba's genetics look really nice homie.

I can only imagine what you'll do with these jewels this next run.

Those look and sound delicious!

Happy harvest brotha!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice run & killer lookin buds.. They sound super tasty
Thanks doggie! Means a lot coming from a grower with such skills as yourself. Def some great genetics, I simply added water :)
Great Job SMF! even with all your issues they turned out great! Sour Patch Kush sounds real nice. I been after something super sour for awhile now. How many beans of each strain did you pop?
What's up dirk! Def had some issues so I'm glad I was able to at least fight till the end so I could give baba some kinda smoke report. Def the beans to sort thru if your looking for a nice sour with dense og style buds

thanks for the report skunk! damn those nugs look beautiful.. even in trying times you do great work..
Your too kind mancordero, I did my best with what conditions I had this round. Grown in a more proper situation these could be beyond incredible
Nice work SMF!
Baba's genetics look really nice homie.

I can only imagine what you'll do with these jewels this next run.

Those look and sound delicious!

Happy harvest brotha!
My brotha waayne! Thanks for the kind stop by. Your def right, my next round will be much better but my happy with the end smoke. I wouldn't use any spray treatments after half way thru bloom so the flavor is def of organics. Buds taste awesome, def worth a run :)

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Also I forgot to mention.....5 beans were popped of each. Each cross I got 3 females of each. So I have two more to post pics of. The other sour patch not pictured looks exactly the same as the #3 pheno and the not pictured other picnic basket is a straight og pheno.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Looking lovely skunk!! Those nugs are all covered with glaziness yumminess! I'm super curious on the sour patch kush, gotta get me some of those started asap...

I've got a few PBOG phenos to picture but looks like your number 1 is the same as one of the ones I found. and my number 7 is so compact and a looker but really low odor but somehow has a nice flavor, lol
The zero phenotype of PBOG might be my winner for me, I'll get them up soon.

Thanks again for growing these out my man! Look forward to some lovely alive shots in the second half of flower :D

Good job with the hiccups and roadbumps, the VBK is kinda low odor but I'm finding some great phenotypes through these strains and the VBK hybrids make unreal concentrates!!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
babas very bery kush hybrid knocked my block off. cant wait for ur next run skunk.one mitten
The VBK IMHO must be what made these bitches so icy. I have a ton of OG cuts and they don't get as iced out as these picnic baskets did. Not sayin frost determines how good the buds on that factor alone but, it sure helps the actual bag appeal out. I'm sure the VBK by itself was some fire. Thanks for Rollin thru Rollon. Always glad to see you drop a line brotha. Hope all is going well

For having problems those look dam tasty! Nice job with those.:)
Oh man did I have some serious bumps along the way but I just couldn't dump the plants while all the drama was going down. Told baba I would test them so I did just that lol. I literally trashed all my plants that were just Pre flowering except for these baba testers. Kept all my veg I could but had to make some cut backs due to the situation I was in. Also, thanks for the kind words brotha. Michigan love
Awesome. I'm just waiting on my picnic basket. Looks good
The picnic basket is some awesome stuff, you will love them. That picnic basket #1 pictured above stayed real short and just packed on frosty ass buds. It looked finished at 45 days of bloom. Unless you got up close and looked at trich colors you would have never known. Can't wait to hear what you find in your pack man. Good luck on the hunt :)
Looking lovely skunk!! Those nugs are all covered with glaziness yumminess! I'm super curious on the sour patch kush, gotta get me some of those started asap...

I've got a few PBOG phenos to picture but looks like your number 1 is the same as one of the ones I found. and my number 7 is so compact and a looker but really low odor but somehow has a nice flavor, lol
The zero phenotype of PBOG might be my winner for me, I'll get them up soon.

Thanks again for growing these out my man! Look forward to some lovely alive shots in the second half of flower :D

Good job with the hiccups and roadbumps, the VBK is kinda low odor but I'm finding some great phenotypes through these strains and the VBK hybrids make unreal concentrates!!
There's baba! What's good man....
I agree that the VBK Dom phenos might have put out a lil less odor but made up for it in the frost department. I didn't find any that flat out lacked smell but there were two that didn't have the extreme punch the others did. Def shortened the bloom times and made some phenos stay stout which I really dug.
Your sour d must be very sour because the sour Dom pheno I found is like wicked sour. It's much more sour then I could ever get the ecsd to get. Loved the buzz from the sour patch, you will def have to run a few. Those are most def worth some time.
All in all I gotta say killer job on making the beans man, really enjoyed growing them. Once again, sorry for the slack on updates and what not and your patience was much appreciated brotha. Much respect

Also.....I did make some shatter with the trim from these....ill get some pics up.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Damn! Ive been searching fir a super sour one for the mix! Sounds like I need to pickup a pack or two! Greatjob , once again Flex! Shit looks insanely dank. Mad props and respect!
Quest

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
True That!!! Love all the of the Picnic Basket variations !!! I'm putting all of my Eggs in the Picnic Basket!!! Phenominal pheno Babba!!!
Thanks produce brother from another mother, lol

S

steelcanaries

Wicked! Awesome pics and buds. Great report! Well done. Makes me want to grab a pack. Really really nice nugs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom