Pics Of Problems?

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Barney's Pineapple Chunk. Only plant showing this issue. All plants were nute - for a short time but have responded to NPK including this one.
Growth is okay but leaves have dark edges, splotchy colors, actual bumpier than normal texture to the leaves.
Bottom picture, it's the plant on the right, shot from below showing bottoms of leaves.
Thank you for taking a look!

Pics of problems
Pics of problems 2
BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks Ken. They are outside. Only one plant out of many right together. Guess I should quarantine and start learning about pests!

ken dog

ken dog

A loupe and/or scope, is pretty essential in my opinion... it will let you know one way or the other.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Could be disease, but I'm wondering about soil pH levels. When it's very acidic is when I've seen bumpy leaves like that.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thank you @Seamaiden . Just tried to check her ph, but too dry at the moment. The well water ph at I think 7.5 and a slurry of the soil (but not this specific pot) was 6.5 a couple weeks ago.
Only this Pineapple Chunk is effected.
Thanks @ken dog . I checked an affected leaf with a lighted zoom scope, no bugs or dark poo noted.
Have been watching new leaves developing on her. They are definitely emerging as slightly greener leaves, with the bumpy texture already discernible as they open.
All plants were subjected to lack of nutrients after the first couple of weeks (oops). Her paler green color has not improved since feeding, but her growth keeps up with the other plants.
If you think of anything to try, let me know.
I appreciate your time and expertise.

Top Bottom