pictures / smart phones / security

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Do you guys post pictures youve taken from smart phones? If so, do you clean them or do anything to your tablet or phone to not allow a gps siggy on the pic? Ive recently been doing some breeding and interesting pheno hunts that id like to share with the community, but have been wondering about these things

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you guys post pictures youve taken from smart phones? If so, do you clean them or do anything to your tablet or phone to not allow a gps siggy on the pic? Ive recently been doing some breeding and interesting pheno hunts that id like to share with the community, but have been wondering about these things
Just turn off the geo-tagging feature of your phone.

SpiderK

SpiderK

i would still " scrub " it before it leaves my pc.

the original phone pic has gps info ect ( must move from your ip address 2 farm / comcast / ect ...)...... copy and save a jpeg on your computer first.. jmo.

now if your a small fish i would not worry, they are not scanning pics at comcast & 1/2 the usa is green now. if your taking phone pics in a 200k blackmarket op i would scrub'

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I understand they only go fishing for big fish, but if I specifically get busted, the DA will confiscate your phones and computers and try to find any evidence to strengthen their case, i dont think alot of you guys know how the alphabet boys work. Im legal and in norcal, but that doesnt mean a thing if youve been keeping up with recent news up here. im going to figure out how to take away the gps siggy completely and start loading from my girls comp. Thanks alot guys!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're going to go to all that trouble then you shouldn't even be doing it from someone's home computer. You need to hide your tracks far better than that, say using an open, unencrypted wifi network, like at McDonald's, using someone else's machine as the 'jumping' point. Or better yet go to various public libraries and use those computers, never the same one twice of course! If you're really that concerned, that is.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Lol sea im not too worried about it, I just dont want pics uploaded on my personal comp that I pay the bills for, or rippers or people to be able see a gps siggy on a pic. Other than that ill be good, have to go buy a new usb cord for an old digi I have. Start a new thread when I do. Thanks guys an gals

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy.....Geo-tagging is easy to handle.....Go to webattack and search for attribute changer and change or delete
concerning issues. I'm a starving artist, so I upload my art all the time using this app. Really paranoid...
learn about the TOR Bundle.:)

H

hotrrod7076

I was wondering about that my gps siggy is off my first photos on my smart phone couple years ago i noticed n gave addy n day n time stuff which glad i caught that before messin with youtube n this site for pics n videos......im legal n within my state laws so im not to paranoided lol but since i got my new phone galaxy note 3 i turned all that off.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Wondering how one would go about turning off the gps for pics with a apple iphone 5s

H

hotrrod7076

Wondering how one would go about turning off the gps for pics with a apple iphone 5s

I found mine in my photo settings had something to do with tagging a photo i have galaxy note 3 n i know nothing about iphones not sure if b the same or not but hope that helps some

john martin

john martin

Run them through this:
http://www.easyexifdelete.com/

Friend of mine recently said his iphone was ran (after disabling picture gps), and said they did something to turn it back on and somehow it had the gps data saved, even though it was disabled... for what that's worth...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Scary, couldn't find anything on Iphone 5 settings that had to do with GPS.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Who are you trying to hide from? The ripper that trolls the boards, maybe this helps. NSA, cops, lol, you can't hide from these. Don't post at all if you don't want leo to know.

iCultivate

iCultivate

I take pics with my camera and upload to a usb drive. Then use a metadata removing software to strip the image before uplaoding to a website (direct from the usb drive).

Latest posts

Top Bottom