Pimping the old school cars...it never goes.

• Thread starter TinkTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

they will never go away if you keep restoring them,as much as folks love the tech of new carsa old one going by always get a second look hahaha.i still drive a 83 chevy truck and will to the last day hahah.
have a fresh machined 350 on a stand in my living room ready for rebuild just lazy and havent yet,been looking for a distributor that runs on points to replace the hei distributor,if there was a EMP attack the old chevy still be rolling and i wouldnt even have to pay for gas hhahahah all the cars would be every were for me to syphon your gas hahaha

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

they will never go away if you keep restoring them,as much as folks love the tech of new carsa old one going by always get a second look hahaha.i still drive a 83 chevy truck and will to the last day hahah.
have a fresh machined 350 on a stand in my living room ready for rebuild just lazy and havent yet,been looking for a distributor that runs on points to replace the hei distributor,if there was a EMP attack the old chevy still be rolling and i wouldnt even have to pay for gas hhahahah all the cars would be every were for me to syphon your gas hahaha
You can buy a new SUV but the classics are STILL on the road!! And the 350 purrrsss!!!!! And gas LOL.....free everywhere🤫😉!!!!!! They are built of steel not plastic..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You can buy a new SUV but the classics are STILL on the road!! And the 350 purrrsss!!!!! And gas LOL.....free everywhere🤫😉!!!!!! They are built of steel not plastic..
ive worked on enough of these vehicles to know i dont care for any of them,sensors every damn were,in my younger days i would always complain of fords having double of everything under the hood,ha that wasnt nothing to today's vehicles,i just went and helped my son buy a 2015 jeep,nice buggy but when it comes to working on it,well think he might have to find a wrench turner that has all the gadgets to do so.they just shove a newer sensor in them to bring up the price,one thing for sure,under all that plastic is still just a vacum pump,hard to find but it there haahah.
then you have a old ass man that leans on the fender to look at something an the damn fender krinkle in,what the hell are they even good for,really even a air bag can do so much.
when they bring back the steel and the roar of them iron engines i might think about a new one hahaha,not likely.
but i did think about buying a new one,it was back in the 90's when they claimed they were going to bring back the GTO ,hahaha i waited and waited when it did come out wasnt any bigger than todays cars,round as a bubble and it did have GTO labeled front bucket seats hahahah,that was the last time i thought about a new one,ever since i just fix me some junk and roll,i think after christmas i wll sit this engine stand up in the living room get the 350 built,just got machine work done and just waiting on the right time to do it,then i just leave it sit in the corner and pull my transmission out and rebuild it again ,been a while .
stab both new tranny and engine in ,just finished putting new leaf springs in the ole girl and she be ready to get some studding on again,think im finish the paint and body work ,let my grand baby have it completly restored,she probally wont drive it but can say my pop pop built that truck,hahhahahah
what can i say other than old school to the bone lmao

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

The day they build cars that are actual machines again, I'll buy a new one.
Computers should be kept to the cab, if anywhere... but even that... makes people drive like shite... only half paying attention to the road. Same goes for automatics... if everyone had manuals, I'd bet you'd see so much fewer accidents, injuries, etc...

Never had a garage before now... saw this beaut for sale the other day and, man.. might have to jump on it.
1987_orchard-ny-8.jpg

Jump seats!!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Computers should be kept to the cab, if anywhere... but even that... makes people drive like shite... only half paying attention to the road. Same goes for automatics... if everyone had manuals, I'd bet you'd see so much fewer accidents, injuries, etc...

Never had a garage before now... saw this beaut for sale the other day and, man.. might have to jump on it.
1987_orchard-ny-8.jpg

Jump seats!!
this is the first i seen one them little shits in probally 20 years hahhah,had a buddy that did his best to tear one up,never did and sold it back in the day,use to sit in back at the coast ,drink and fish out them little chairs in back

beluga

beluga

this is the first i seen one them little shits in probally 20 years hahhah,had a buddy that did his best to tear one up,never did and sold it back in the day,use to sit in back at the coast ,drink and fish out them little chairs in back
Haha! Yeah, they're stupid little things but I'll bet you can make 'em pretty badass 🤣
I've got fond memories as a little bub riding to the lake in the back of my pop's tan one... man.. riding in the back of an open bed on a highway and just waving to the policemen going by... different times.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter

1987_orchard-ny-8.jpg

Jump seats!!

Oh the memories... Buddy had one of those in highschool... And I installed a set of those seats in the bed of my truck... Seatbelts made 'em legal.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I lease one of those new Nissan's.
Never popped the hood... Never will.
Three years add nothing but gas.

Have a Mustang with a supercharger that I haven't put tabs on for years... I can't even move it around the driveway without doing burnouts... When we moved, Mrs. Goodman insisted that she drive it to the new place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom