Pinching Mistake?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Pinching mistake
Pinching mistake 2
did i make a mistake? In the first photo above where I pinched the first time the distance between internodes is about 4" then the distance at the top of each of those stems shortens to about an inch or less. I pinched 1 more time but I think I made a mistake and that that top is in preflower and I should have left it alone. Too late now but curious if I'm correct about the preflowering.
These are super lemon haze cbd. I've been vegging out side with a small light to keep them from going into flower. But I will let them transition and put them inside under light when the weather gets rainy. They are a 10 week variety so should finish mid November. I plan to transplant tomorrow from 5 gal into 10 gal geo pots. The aggressive pinching was to keep them as low and wide and get as many tops as possible. They will stretch at least 2 to 3 times from my experience.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

What's the problem? It's hard to see in those pics... The upturned leaves looks like russets though. Are the leaves shiny?

Hydro head

Hydro head

Slightly hard to tell but looks like 2 hairs I can see in bottom pic, if so it's just showing sex, it won't flower if it's getting 18+ hours of light, if ur light ur using isn't powerful enough they will stretch loads and stress, r u using the light outside?

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Don't see any preflowers but would need a close up to see them. Are these from seed or clones?

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

If it's from seed then seeing preflowers does not mean it is flowering. They show up after a few weeks regardless of light schedule... If it's a clone, then it would already have pistols in the pits anyway, unless you're cloning without knowing the sex which is highly unlikely.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Here's a closeup. What to notice is the lower stem is about5" long between internodes then suddenly the distance between the next 2 internodes is 1".
Is that a sign that the plans is beginning to transition to flowering?

IMG 0768
SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Here's a closeup. What to notice is the lower stem is about5" long between internodes then suddenly the distance between the next 2 internodes is 1".
Is that a sign that the plans is beginning to transition to flowering?
No that doesn't mean it's flowering. The different distances between nodes is normal with a growing plant, after all the five inch section had to start at one inches first.

BudBogart

BudBogart

That plant looks perfectly fine, mho. Whatever trimming mistake you are thinking about is too small to make any difference, for sure.
Keep up the good. The budding or pre flower, have you changed the lighting? Are you trying for more vegetative growth or are you ready to flower? it all has to do with time in light and changes to time in light.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Well looks like I'll get 2 buds where I would have gotten only one. They may turn out smaller. I'll give an up date when they finish.

dorjewright

dorjewright

At least with this strain it really didn't seem to have a negative effect that I can see. The little shoots stretched about 6". Enough for a nice sized cola.

Top Bottom