Pindstrup Substrate

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

So I just went to my local hydro store to pick up some Canna Coco and they had pallets, stacked upon pallets of this stuff. (No canna coco in stock) They mentioned this Pindstrup Substrate just arrived from Holland the day before and all of the local commercial growers are switching to this. (Reason for the large order.) Does anyone have any experience with it? They sure talked it up and sold me on it. lol. I'm curious if anyone has used it and if it's as good as it's claimed to be. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Pindstrup substrate
Pindstrup substrate 2
Seraphine

Seraphine

No experience with it but start a grow diary when you start your grow. I am interested in how it works as a grow medium. How much was it?

Phylex

Phylex

I'll be using it in my 2nd grow diary. I just started it on 1/2/19. It's already posted as I'm starting from seed. But I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be able to help with what you might be after. I'm still too new to this and I won't be using it straight like recommended. I plan to mix it with FFOF. I don't have enough experience at this point to give reliable feedback on a product. Even starting from seed this run is new to me.

It was $50 for 10 cubic feet. Crushed Coco, not shredded. PH to 6.0

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
So I just went to my local hydro store to pick up some Canna Coco and they had pallets, stacked upon pallets of this stuff. (No canna coco in stock) They mentioned this Pindstrup Substrate just arrived from Holland the day before and all of the local commercial growers are switching to this. (Reason for the large order.) Does anyone have any experience with it? They sure talked it up and sold me on it. lol. I'm curious if anyone has used it and if it's as good as it's claimed to be. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
We use it commercially

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I'll be using it in my 2nd grow diary. I just started it on 1/2/19. It's already posted as I'm starting from seed. But I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be able to help with what you might be after. I'm still too new to this and I won't be using it straight like recommended. I plan to mix it with FFOF. I don't have enough experience at this point to give reliable feedback on a product. Even starting from seed this run is new to me.

It was $50 for 10 cubic feet. Crushed Coco, not shredded. PH to 6.0
Dont mix it with soil it’s peat moss and will compost causing all kinds of issue. It’s main use is as stand alone replacement for coco. Very similar properties with added Dolomites in it naturally, get the blond version

Last edited:
Nemo

Nemo

I just started using it after using coco for years. Seems legit so far, doesnt hold as much water as coco and the pots feel much lighter in weight.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I just started using it after using coco for years. Seems legit so far, doesnt hold as much water as coco and the pots feel much lighter in weight.
I know of commercial grows exclusively using this with excellent results

Top Bottom