Pine Tar Kush

• Thread starter desmondmiles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desmondmiles

Hey Farmers,

I've heard Nspecta was working on preserving PTK, and that some others including Verdantgreen, Lean Green, Brother Monk, OG Bub were selling their stock on the bay / breeders retail some time ago. I've yet to be able to grow Tom Hill's genetics and have always wanted to try his ptk or cripple creek. Does anyone know of a good source for these seeds if they are still around?

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Farmers,

I've heard Nspecta was working on preserving PTK, and that some others including Verdantgreen, Lean Green, Brother Monk, OG Bub were selling their stock on the bay / breeders retail some time ago. I've yet to be able to grow Tom Hill's genetics and have always wanted to try his ptk or cripple creek. Does anyone know of a good source for these seeds if they are still around?

I'm looking for some of Tom Hills' stock too of the PTK... I wrote a message on a different forum in reference to the beans Verdantgreen put out a while back and supposedly that stock is out, but they will be making more in coming years...

Please let me know if you find a source. I'm running PTK by hazeman which I found out is actually '79Xmasbud and not PTK...

looking for the Tom Hills PTK as well.

E

Elsydro

I'm looking for some of Tom Hills' stock too of the PTK... I wrote a message on a different forum in reference to the beans Verdantgreen put out a while back and supposedly that stock is out, but they will be making more in coming years...

Please let me know if you find a source. I'm running PTK by hazeman which I found out is actually '79Xmasbud and not PTK...

looking for the Tom Hills PTK as well.
How is the Xmas bud? I got the ones labelled ‘79 Xmas bud ibl from CSI vault when I purchased two of bodhis strains! Haven’t in them I hear supposedly great for outdoor how do they do indooors?

Icemud

Icemud

How is the Xmas bud? I got the ones labelled ‘79 Xmas bud ibl from CSI vault when I purchased two of bodhis strains! Haven’t in them I hear supposedly great for outdoor how do they do indooors?
Too early to say yet. They are still in early veg. I probably will be vegging them for about 1 more month before flowering. So far they are growing great, big fat leaves, and a very skunky almost sulfur/lit match smell coming off them. I got them from Hazeman/InfinityGenetics.

I don't seen any difference indoors, but not really sure what a "outdoor strain" is...

tonygreen

tonygreen

Whats up guys. I have a ptk x gorilla bubble project going. Beans for 4-20. Ptk is from leangreens work to preserve toms ptk. Verdandtgreen made the f1 and im makin f2. We expect a boost in resin production and potency with the ptk terp profile. Ill try to make a thread for em.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats up guys. I have a ptk x gorilla bubble project going. Beans for 4-20. Ptk is from leangreens work to preserve toms ptk. Verdandtgreen made the f1 and im makin f2. We expect a boost in resin production and potency with the ptk terp profile. Ill try to make a thread for em.

Nice to meet you. I’ve read about you for some time. Kudos.

Icemud

Icemud

So I just finished my seed project with a Xmas Bud open pollination. I didn't have any non seeded bud to actually smoke, and didn't want to smoke the shake as it had too many premature seeds in it and would have ruined the taste.

As far as terp profile and smell, I had 5 Xmas Bud female phenotypes in this project. They all had a very very strong evergreen smell, not so much a pine like spruce tree smell but more of a strong evergreen bush smell, very piney though. 2 of the phenos had a very strong undertone of a fresh orange peel spice to it, not citrus but orange peel, and one of the phenos had Strong Pine, slight orange peel, and then a skunky undertone.

All of them though were very very piney and 2 of the phenos are definitely full 100% pine terps, and nothing else.

I'm bummed I didn't get to smoke any of the bud, but happy that I now have plenty of seed stock from all the phenos to sort through and have many years of pine ahead of me :)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
So I just finished my seed project with a Xmas Bud open pollination. I didn't have any non seeded bud to actually smoke, and didn't want to smoke the shake as it had too many premature seeds in it and would have ruined the taste.

As far as terp profile and smell, I had 5 Xmas Bud female phenotypes in this project. They all had a very very strong evergreen smell, not so much a pine like spruce tree smell but more of a strong evergreen bush smell, very piney though. 2 of the phenos had a very strong undertone of a fresh orange peel spice to it, not citrus but orange peel, and one of the phenos had Strong Pine, slight orange peel, and then a skunky undertone.

All of them though were very very piney and 2 of the phenos are definitely full 100% pine terps, and nothing else.

I'm bummed I didn't get to smoke any of the bud, but happy that I now have plenty of seed stock from all the phenos to sort through and have many years of pine ahead of me :)

Were those from csi? Been thinking about grabbing a pack. Sounds great.

Icemud

Icemud

Were those from csi? Been thinking about grabbing a pack. Sounds great.

No I picked these up from Hazeman at infinity genetics. Hazeman calls them Pine Tar Kush, but from what I have been told by the guy who did the seed increase that Hazeman got them from, they are not Pine Tar Kush and actually are 79 Xmas Bud. I believe you still can get them from Hazeman at infinity genetics if you email him.

Very piney strain!

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
230AB690 CC37 4AFC 9E33 16CFCE49726A

Stoked about these myself

Icemud

Icemud

Looks like many ppl are wanting/needing PTK, so as being a Med Pat. I'm going to try to pop these Tom Hill beans. Just gonna make f2's for the masses. Thanks for posting this run, you got my energy flowing again!

I actually ended up picking some up from CSI when they had them listed on their website. I have 2 projects in front of the PTK one, but also will be doing a open pollenation as well as crossing it with some of my favorites :)

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I actually ended up picking some up from CSI when they had them listed on their website. I have 2 projects in front of the PTK one, but also will be doing a open pollenation as well as crossing it with some of my favorites :)
CSI PTK are the real deal form tom hill stock, Nspecta (CSI) worked them to IBL also, I just grabbed a pack of his. Hazemans are 79 xmas bud not PTK.

Icemud

Icemud

Nice!!! Picked up some PTK from CSI myself. Haven't popped them yet. Yep, hazemans PTK are actually 79 Xmas Bud. Very piney and smells like an evergreen, so not bad at all, but not PTK either.

Top Bottom