Pineapple Express yellowing in super soil?

• Thread starter bigjay420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigjay420

bigjay420

Aye farm! I'm running some pineapple express from g13 and I can't get them to stay green. Im in week 4 of flower. I use super soil, so nutes are there. And all other strains look amazing. I flushed a week ago to try to clear any nutrient build up. pH is great. As I said, its only the PE. I've heard they yellow a lot. But I wanna make sure its nothing to worry about. Should I add some nitrogen, or is it too late? Yellowing has passed the mid way point in both plants. I know these pics aren't the best, but here they are.
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 2
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 3
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 4
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 2
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 3
Pineapple express yellowing in super soil 4

sensicloud

sensicloud

The way that soil microbes living in the rhizosphere use nitrogen is very tricky, and each plant has different needs. There was a great article in Maximum Yield magazine recently about this and it was very good. A quick google search on nitrogen in soil will probably help too. I would use a water soluble form of nitrogen immediately so you can keep those PE healthy. Good luck friend

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would try adding a bit of N and Ca. Urine would be a great way to feed them more without spending more, assuming yours is good quality. Start at about 10:1, though I have easily gone as strong as 5:1.

bigjay420

bigjay420

I would try adding a bit of N and Ca. Urine would be a great way to feed them more without spending more, assuming yours is good quality. Start at about 10:1, though I have easily gone as strong as 5:1.
So. Mix urine with water. I'm terrible with ratios. How much per gallon, Sea? And do I pH it?

bigjay420

bigjay420

Haha. Also, the consensus I get is PE is an 8-9 week strain. Should I even bother with this Nitrogen problem if that's the case?

S

ssteely71

If you flushed your super soil a week ago there's a good chance you flushed a major portion of your nutes and microbes out of your soil. This is my opinion. Hope a few that are more experienced will chime in. After letting your soil dry out from the flushing I would add 1/2 strength basic nutes and reintroduce beneficials. It's too early to let her fade on you. Best of luck.

bigjay420

bigjay420

If you flushed your super soil a week ago there's a good chance you flushed a major portion of your nutes and microbes out of your soil. This is my opinion. Hope a few that are more experienced will chime in. After letting your soil dry out from the flushing I would add 1/2 strength basic nutes and reintroduce beneficials. It's too early to let her fade on you. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. I don't buy nutes, as I use super soil, and have never needed them. Any homemade ways to add N? Also, do you think top dressing with SS or straight Ocean forest would help?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So. Mix urine with water. I'm terrible with ratios. How much per gallon, Sea? And do I pH it?
Oh... um, 1/10th of a gallon of pee to 9/10ths of a gallon of water. Howzat? I'm terrible with math.
This isn't the first time I've seen sea admit to peeing in her soil ;)
My biggest problem is splatter. D'oh!
Haha. Also, the consensus I get is PE is an 8-9 week strain. Should I even bother with this Nitrogen problem if that's the case?
Looking at your plant, yes, you should bother. If it were in week 7 and faded like that I'd be complimenting you on the nice fade, but the plant would also have some fat nuggies. Right now it's got some pistils goin' on and that's it. Feed it!

Not possible. These organisms are benthic, meaning they stay attached to surfaces, they're not easily 'washed' away. Neither are many of the nutrients that should be in a supersoil mix, most of those nutrients need to be mineralized by the aforementioned organisms in order to become bioavailable (plant available).

Right now I think your super soil simply isn't super enough. Feed it.

bigjay420

bigjay420

I did a 3 inch top dressing. I guess I'll know in a few days if it worked, I reckon. If not, its pee pee time. Thanks for the advice folks. What product would you recommend I use with the Super Soil for future strains that love the N? This is the first time I've run into early yellowing with the SS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom