Pineapple Fields, Peyote Pancake, Blueberry Quintessa, etc.

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm kinda new here, though not to growing. I'm also almost at the end of this particular grow, with plants hanging here and there, while others are still catching rays. All plants were grown from seed.

I don't like to do grow reports of genetics few people can get, so the three named in the thread title are available to those who want to seek them out. Pineapple Fields is Dynasty Genetics, and the other two are from a new (to me, at least) seed maker from Colorado, called Koma.

I'm also growing a Dynasty freebie called Miss U Jack — a cross between a Jack Herer cut from the actual garden of the actual Jack Herer x Miss Universe, and another freebie from a new seed maker I know as Santero, but his seeds may be available under the name San, I'm not sure. This one is Bubba Kush (a 1993 cut, whatever that means) x Lemon Thai.

One more — a Lemon Thai that was gifted to me a few years ago, but is a different lemon Thai than the one crossed to Bubba. It was derived from a seed maker that existed for about 10-15 minutes, about 8-9 years ago, called Fusion Seeds. They derived it from a Dutch Flowers strain.

OK, everyone got that straight? There will be a quiz.

In this post, I'll concentrate on Pineapple Fields. If you peruse the breeder's information on it, you will see it has 4 phenos. I have three of them, this time around. I had the fouth in a previous grow.

Pheno A, which is a big producer, smelling like pineapple and melons.

Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc

Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc 2

She's a somewhat stretchy plant that went 10 weeks. I'm GUESSING, from an early taste that was uncured and barely dried, she is in the low 20s in THC-cannabinoid percentage, like 22 or 23. If I keep her, I'll have her tested. This is a crappy pic of her, just before the chop. I didn't realize the degree of crappiness, until she was hanging upside down.
Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc 3

The reason she's leggy is I kept them all in veg until I saw preflowers. The Blueberry Quintessa plants were extremely bashful about showing their 'nads, so I pretty much had a SOG on stilts for this grow.

This next one is pheno B — the roadkill skunk pheno. It might be more of a stanky underarm bouquet, with a hints of dirty diaper. The jury is still out, and she hasn't even been chopped yet, so we'll see what she smells like after curing. I have two of these. The other some pink pistil thing going on.
Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc 4

She's essentially a stalk covered with buds. I was pretty happy about the way she didn't need any support, until she started leaning a couple of days ago. I staked her up, went to work and came home to this:
Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc 5

She snapped right at the top of the stake. A lower bud is now the topmost bud. She's as good as chopped this weekend. Very few amber trichs, at this point, but a lot of cloudy ones.

This is a picture of a pheno C plant, which smells like pineapple candy. A diabetic would have to take a shot of insulin after taking a wiff. This is from week 7 and she's a 12 week plant. She looks much better now, but most of the pheno C plants have a bud structure I would call undesirable. Lot of tails. I have one that seems to have nicer buds, but no pics to offer at the moment. From growing another example of pheno C, about 6 years ago, I can say that her buzz is a sky rocketing mood elevator, with essentially zero paranoia.
Pineapple fields peyote pancake blueberry quintessa etc 6

Now, I kind of LIKE a little heart-pounding paranoia sometimes, but I like a lot of different kinds of weed.

BTW, I had 19 plants, vegged for about 6-7 weeks in 3-5 gallon pots in a 5' x 5' tent. It was somewhat tight in there. I have been trying exposing seedlings to ethylene, because it supposedly causes more plants to be female (along with keeping temps relatively low). Anyway, it seems to work. I had 19 out of 32 plants turn out to be girls.

I'll update on the other strains soon.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey mystic , since you said there will be a quiz , can I ask you a question ? Why do you claim that waiting till pre flower creates a "leggy" plant ?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

This next one is pheno B — the roadkill skunk pheno. It might be more of a stanky underarm bouquet, with a hints of dirty diaper. The jury is still out, and she hasn't even been chopped yet, so we'll see what she smells like after curing. I have two of these. The other some pink pistil thing going on.
I was intrigued by the roadkill skunk, but "stanky underarm, with hints of dirty diaper" still sounds nice. I enjoy the stanky gals haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hey mystic , since you said there will be a quiz , can I ask you a question ? Why do you claim that waiting till pre flower creates a "leggy" plant ?

A couple of reasons:

The Blueberry Quintessa took a long time to show — 7 weeks. The others got quite tall.
I trim off any branches and leaves that aren't going to get significant light. Since the plants were so tall, that meant about 2 - 3 feet of stalk was trimmed. Here's a couple of pics that shows what I'm talking about. This one is the canopy, back at about 3 or 4 weeks:
IMG 5751

Now let's point that camera a little lower:
IMG 5752

These were mostly tallish sativas. 4 plants were short (the peyote pancakes, one freakish lemon thai and one pheno of Miss U Jack) you can see them on upside-down pots

If they weren't packed in, if they weren't tallish plants, if I didn't veg them so long, things might be different.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This is a fun strain to grow if you like growing from seed. I'm kind of addicted to the surprises I get when growing from seed (the pleasant ones — I've had some loser grows, believe me).

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I wonder if that cut from the garden of Jack Herer is part of Sannie's Jack Herer genetics. Any ideas @MIMedGrower ?

I'm interested to see how this all goes!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

From what I heard, it is definitely not Sannie's Jack.

I'll post the pics from that cross next, but I had 4 girls (out of 5 seeds, which isn't a bad ratio). Three of them are tall, long-flowering plants (Saturday will mark the end of 11 weeks, and I think at least two will go 12). The fourth plant was a short, branchy plant that produced heavy colas, and was done in 10 weeks.

The tall ones took after Miss Universe father, I think. The short one might be what the mother was like. She has one of the purest lemon scents I've smelled. No other scent in there, no "lemon pledge," no skunkiness, nothing else.

When I grew Sannie's Jack, many years ago (I think he was on his f6 version at the time), it seemed to have more of a haze influence, as I recall. This was 10 or 12 years ago, and much THC has been processed by my brain since then, so comparisons may be sketchy.

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

I'm kinda new here, though not to growing. I'm also almost at the end of this particular grow, with plants hanging here and there, while others are still catching rays. All plants were grown from seed.

I don't like to do grow reports of genetics few people can get, so the three named in the thread title are available to those who want to seek them out. Pineapple Fields is Dynasty Genetics, and the other two are from a new (to me, at least) seed maker from Colorado, called Koma.

I'm also growing a Dynasty freebie called Miss U Jack — a cross between a Jack Herer cut from the actual garden of the actual Jack Herer x Miss Universe, and another freebie from a new seed maker I know as Santero, but his seeds may be available under the name San, I'm not sure. This one is Bubba Kush (a 1993 cut, whatever that means) x Lemon Thai.

One more — a Lemon Thai that was gifted to me a few years ago, but is a different lemon Thai than the one crossed to Bubba. It was derived from a seed maker that existed for about 10-15 minutes, about 8-9 years ago, called Fusion Seeds. They derived it from a Dutch Flowers strain.

OK, everyone got that straight? There will be a quiz.

In this post, I'll concentrate on Pineapple Fields. If you peruse the breeder's information on it, you will see it has 4 phenos. I have three of them, this time around. I had the fouth in a previous grow.

Pheno A, which is a big producer, smelling like pineapple and melons.

View attachment 984341
View attachment 984342
She's a somewhat stretchy plant that went 10 weeks. I'm GUESSING, from an early taste that was uncured and barely dried, she is in the low 20s in THC-cannabinoid percentage, like 22 or 23. If I keep her, I'll have her tested. This is a crappy pic of her, just before the chop. I didn't realize the degree of crappiness, until she was hanging upside down.
View attachment 984344
The reason she's leggy is I kept them all in veg until I saw preflowers. The Blueberry Quintessa plants were extremely bashful about showing their 'nads, so I pretty much had a SOG on stilts for this grow.

View attachment 984345
She's essentially a stalk covered with buds. I was pretty happy about the way she didn't need any support, until she started leaning a couple of days ago. I staked her up, went to work and came home to this:
View attachment 984346
She snapped right at the top of the stake. A lower bud is now the topmost bud. She's as good as chopped this weekend. Very few amber trichs, at this point, but a lot of cloudy ones.

This is a picture of a pheno C plant, which smells like pineapple candy. A diabetic would have to take a shot of insulin after taking a wiff. This is from week 7 and she's a 12 week plant. She looks much better now, but most of the pheno C plants have a bud structure I would call undesirable. Lot of tails. I have one that seems to have nicer buds, but no pics to offer at the moment. From growing another example of pheno C, about 6 years ago, I can say that her buzz is a sky rocketing mood elevator, with essentially zero paranoia.
View attachment 984347
Now, I kind of LIKE a little heart-pounding paranoia sometimes, but I like a lot of different kinds of weed.

BTW, I had 19 plants, vegged for about 6-7 weeks in 3-5 gallon pots in a 5' x 5' tent. It was somewhat tight in there. I have been trying exposing seedlings to ethylene, because it supposedly causes more plants to be female (along with keeping temps relatively low). Anyway, it seems to work. I had 19 out of 32 plants turn out to be girls.

I'll update on the other strains soon.
First pic made me drool yumm..

dire wolf

dire wolf

So y
A couple of reasons:

The Blueberry Quintessa took a long time to show — 7 weeks. The others got quite tall.
I trim off any branches and leaves that aren't going to get significant light. Since the plants were so tall, that meant about 2 - 3 feet of stalk was trimmed. Here's a couple of pics that shows what I'm talking about. This one is the canopy, back at about 3 or 4 weeks:
View attachment 984570
Now let's point that camera a little lower:
View attachment 984571

These were mostly tallish sativas. 4 plants were short (the peyote pancakes, one freakish lemon thai and one pheno of Miss U Jack) you can see them on upside-down pots

If they weren't packed in, if they weren't tallish plants, if I didn't veg them so long, things might be different.
So you leave them in veg till " pre flower" then flip them and begin flowering ? I m not familiar with that technique , I think I might fail the exam .....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also Santeros is a user name from sannie " open grow forum " an sannie works with dynasty , and his , dynasty signature plant is " the miss u " so maybe your jack is actually sannie seed ........

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Also Santeros is a user name from sannie " open grow forum " an sannie works with dynasty , and his , dynasty signature plant is " the miss u " so maybe your jack is actually sannie seed ........

It's not derived from Sannie's Jack. according to Professor P of Dynasty, when he gave out the freebies.

If the two of them were collaborating on a breeding project, they probably wouldn't be shy about it. It would definitely generate buzz (no pun intended, but now that I realized I made the pun, I'm leaving it) to their fan bases and boost sales. But they made no announcement like that.

Santero was bequeathed an amazing collection of time-honored breeding clones a few years ago, and the freebies I've gotten from him are really nice. He should see about selling them here if he dives into the business full force, eventually. If you remember a seed maker named E$kobar, or Esko… well, Santero got all his breeding stock.

dire wolf

dire wolf

It's not derived from Sannie's Jack. according to Professor P of Dynasty, when he gave out the freebies.

If the two of them were collaborating on a breeding project, they probably wouldn't be shy about it. It would definitely generate buzz (no pun intended, but now that I realized I made the pun, I'm leaving it) to their fan bases and boost sales. But they made no announcement like that.

Santero was bequeathed an amazing collection of time-honored breeding clones a few years ago, and the freebies I've gotten from him are really nice. He should see about selling them here if he dives into the business full force, eventually. If you remember a seed maker named E$kobar, or Esko… well, Santero got all his breeding stock.
Cool , where can I find santero genetics , does he have a website ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So y

So you leave them in veg till " pre flower" then flip them and begin flowering ? I m not familiar with that technique , I think I might fail the exam .....

I think ~technique~ might be too refined a word here. Here's the simple truth:

I didn't feel like transplanting any males into their final pots, so I waited. And waited. And waited. Typically, I see preflowers at week 4 or 5, and the plants aren't so big.

This is not something I'd do with fem seeds or clones.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I'll ask him, next chance I get.

Will I be going against the TOS here if I mention a seed vendor? I recently saw he had something available on a well-known seed seller's site.
You can pm me , just curious to see what breeders are doing , not interested in any transaction so I think it's ok .....

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was perusing Hemp Depot and saw he had a cross or two there. It's under the name SANsemillas. I have not tried either one, but I think I have an early version of Sanfune in the seed vault.

(My "seed vault" is a plastic food storage container in my refrigerator.)

dire wolf

dire wolf

I was perusing Hemp Depot and saw he had a cross or two there. It's under the name SANsemillas. I have not tried either one, but I think I have an early version of Sanfune in the seed vault.

(My "seed vault" is a plastic food storage container in my refrigerator.)
Cool , thanks , I'm gonna take a look , always interesting to see what breeders are doing

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wonder if that cut from the garden of Jack Herer is part of Sannie's Jack Herer genetics. Any ideas @MIMedGrower ?

I'm interested to see how this all goes!

I dont know about actual garden of jack herrer but jack herrer is a sensei seed strain simply named after him.

They have ed rosenthal super bud too.

Top Bottom