Pineapple Slick W/ Ca Deficiency

• Thread starter akstoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akstoner

akstoner

ok i have a few grows under my belt but i still find myself asking questions.....

So i have been MIA for 2 weeks and within that 2 weeks i have a calcium deficiency....... should i continue giving CaMg+ or is there something that will do better? the plant has about 3-4 weeks of flower left... im an organic grower....... thanks for the help fellas....

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Did you flush them yet?
If not you could flush them with ca and molasses

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

When I had my cal- in week 4 of flower I bought a cal supplement. Not cal mag.....just cal. I now feed cal and mag separately (mag as foliar) and iv never looked back since. You can stop the progression with a cal supplement but the affected leaves won't recover. I'm sorry I don't agree with doing a flush as it's not a lock out you have I don't think but just not enough cal given (unless you know different?) for the plant. Molasses does contain cal and mag and you can go that route if you wish but if they are very short of cal then a dedicated cal supp may be better but don't forget cal makes plants uptake nitrogen (as well as phos) if you decide to flush and your organic I would flush with a fulvic humic acid supp first. Ancient earth is a good one but there are others available. Being organic these acids for me are a must have.

S

Seed Buyer

making sure your humidity levels when lights are off is in check would be step one.

akstoner

akstoner

@seedbuyer-humidity is good it is alittle low for being where im growing but i have seen worse and also it doesnt help the tempeture this week is suppose to be -30F lmao but watching it carefully ........@kbell I will look at using your formula if you dont mind and ill give it a shot? Its really weird tho i have never had an issue with calcium but maybe i need to change out my water filter???? Thanks for everything everyone all points will be considered...... thanks!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If it is Cal deficient and he flushes with Ca and molasses treated water will that not feed it the Ca it needs?

When I had my cal- in week 4 of flower I bought a cal supplement. Not cal mag.....just cal. I now feed cal and mag separately (mag as foliar) and iv never looked back since. You can stop the progression with a cal supplement but the affected leaves won't recover. I'm sorry I don't agree with doing a flush as it's not a lock out you have I don't think but just not enough cal given (unless you know different?) for the plant. Molasses does contain cal and mag and you can go that route if you wish but if they are very short of cal then a dedicated cal supp may be better but don't forget cal makes plants uptake nitrogen (as well as phos) if you decide to flush and your organic I would flush with a fulvic humic acid supp first. Ancient earth is a good one but there are others available. Being organic these acids for me are a must have.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

But why flush anything if there's no need? Especially on organic soil? If it's just a cal- and no lock out then there's no need. It's just extra stress during flower that may not be needed.
I'm sorry but I only flush if extremely necessary. I try and look after my soil. It's my investment in my crop really and I assume it's the same for other organic gardeners.
BUT THIS IS ON THE ASSUMPTION WHEN THE OP SAID ORGANIC THEY MEANT ORGANIC SOIL.
But that's just IMHO....everyone dies things their way :D

akstoner

akstoner

i went and bought some CAL i have about 3-4 weeks of flower left i a, going to give it CAL until I see a difference then start to prepare for the final stage..... :) thanks for the help budz!!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

For the record you won't see a difference in the leaves effected. Once cal def damage occurs there is nothing you can do to correct it. So long as it doesn't continue to spread your good. If your in organic soil add some more oyster shells or lime next round and you will fair much better.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

i went and bought some CAL i have about 3-4 weeks of flower left i a, going to give it CAL until I see a difference then start to prepare for the final stage..... :) thanks for the help budz!!!

Don't forget they will uptake more N after cal so maybe start with a low dose see how it goes. Since I ditched the cal mag products for separate cal and mag I have had no cal- issues or mag- issues. I would deffo recommend separating the two. Good luck dude. Please let us know how you go on.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Don't forget they will uptake more N after cal so maybe start with a low dose see how it goes. Since I ditched the cal mag products for separate cal and mag I have had no cal- issues or mag- issues. I would deffo recommend separating the two. Good luck dude. Please let us know how you go on.
Couldn't have said it better man. I took that advice a couple years ago and it has paid dividends literally.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Couldn't have said it better man. I took that advice a couple years ago and it has paid dividends literally.

It really is better isn't it. I was a bit scared at first in case I messed it up but it's actually easier than cal mag together. Every chance I get I'm spouting off about it lol.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

It really is better isn't it. I was a bit scared at first in case I messed it up but it's actually easier than cal mag together. Every chance I get I'm spouting off about it lol.
What products do you use for calcium and magnesium feeding?

Top Bottom