PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
and i have to use a humidifier to keep humidity between 50-55.. in southern ontario..
We get that in the winter. with all of my humidifiers running I can only get it to about 50% in flower wich is fine but I go through a lot of water I need to buy for the humidifiers......Not too bad @ $7.50 with their new top caps...$6.50 with my old ones...for 16 gal zero ppm water once a week

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We get that in the winter. with all of my humidifiers running I can only get it to about 50% in flower wich is fine but I go through a lot of water I need to buy for the humidifiers......Not too bad @ $7.50 with their new top caps...$6.50 with my old ones...for 16 gal zero ppm water once a week
June 27
I cut another girl down today a Jamaican Purple Haze at 9 weeks tomorrow.. This one is a good example of why I like popcorn, even though she was in cramped quarters the lower buds developed very nice. If I had more space to open her up some more the lowers would be as hard as the uppers are. A lot of mass & trich's that will make a nice batch of oil from those I don't find worthy...lol...

100 7892
100 7895
100 7916
100 7918
100 7919
100 7922
JPH
100 7920
100 7930
Jph2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 27
I cut another girl down today a Jamaican Purple Haze at 9 weeks tomorrow.. This one is a good example of why I like popcorn, even though she was in cramped quarters the lower buds developed very nice. If I had more space to open her up some more the lowers would be as hard as the uppers are. A lot of mass & trich's that will make a nice batch of oil from those I don't find worthy...lol...

June 28
I cut a Tangie99 today at 9 weeks in flower today. Looking real nice & I love the citrus smell off her, its hard to tell when they're all in the flower room but once I got her out and started trimming off the leaf. When I pinched a few small buds it smelled like I was in an in an orange. grove, She's all trimmed waiting to go into my drying space. It'll be a little cramped But I should be able to pull the Bubble Bomb out I put in there to dry in a couple of days, She's dry to the touch already and I can paper bag her real soon.

100 7935
100 7938
100 7939
100 7942
100 7943
100 7948
100 7950
T99
100 7951
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 28
I cut a Tangie99 today at 9 weeks in flower today. Looking real nice & I love the citrus smell off her, its hard to tell when they're all in the flower room but once I got her out and started trimming off the leaf. When I pinched a few small buds it smelled like I was in an in an orange. grove, She's all trimmed waiting to go into my drying space. It'll be a little cramped But I should be able to pull the Bubble Bomb out I put in there to dry in a couple of days, She's dry to the touch already and I can paper bag her real soon.
June 30
I cut another Jamaican Purple Haze girl down today @ 64 days in flower. I have 1 more of the JPH left on this run, back in the corner under the SE3000 with side lighting from my 1000w hps.. It looks more ready than this one I cut but this girl was too close to the light already, falling all over herself & easy to get to.

I ended up with some middle finger fox tailing on the upper buds from being too close to the light & too hot but the lowers look real good. Not many amber but just about all cloudy. I'll use a bunch for cooking with & stash the rest I don't feel worthy of my bud jars in some of the new Grove bags I ordered, says they've been shipped now its up to Canada post to deliver while it dries.

100 7973
100 7977
100 7984
100 7993
100 7997
100 7998
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 30
I cut another Jamaican Purple Haze girl down today @ 64 days in flower. I have 1 more of the JPH left on this run, back in the corner under the SE3000 with side lighting from my 1000w hps.. It looks more ready than this one I cut but this girl was too close to the light already, falling all over herself & easy to get to.

I ended up with some middle finger fox tailing on the upper buds from being too close to the light & too hot but the lowers look real good. Not many amber but just about all cloudy. I'll use a bunch for cooking with & stash the rest I don't feel worthy of my bud jars in some of the new Grove bags I ordered, says they've been shipped now its up to Canada post to deliver while it dries.
Nov 23 2022
Wow I've been away from my den for a while, I came across these lights and I'm interested in both the linear & strip lights. I believe we lose too much of the plant to larf or lolly popping it all off. We spend 3 - 4 - 5 months growing beautiful plants and chop the bottom 2/3 off only to harvest the top fruit......Ya I know bigger badder but we're wasting a lot of what could be harvestable if we paid some attention to the lower parts of the plant.

They're posting a customized spectrum, not sure what that means but I'd like to find out what the could be customized into and if they're reasonable price....get some thing to help boost my lower growth.

lightera.net

Madmax

Madmax

hi mate. I believe if you can keep the gals short enough with some defoliation you can get real good penetration right down through the canopy without cutting a great deal out.I do take the very bottom branches and bottom 8’ of growth or so but that’s about it.my light does a wonderful job and dragonsflames dyd strain keeps pretty damn short..70-90cm which helps heaps..I’m topping them though and in flower too helps keep them short…I think that’s the way to go.bit harder though if growing sativa dominant which I haven’t grown as yet..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
hi mate. I believe if you can keep the gals short enough with some defoliation you can get real good penetration right down through the canopy without cutting a great deal out.I do take the very bottom branches and bottom 8’ of growth or so but that’s about it.my light does a wonderful job and dragonsflames dyd strain keeps pretty damn short..70-90cm which helps heaps..I’m topping them though and in flower too helps keep them short…I think that’s the way to go.bit harder though if growing sativa dominant which I haven’t grown as yet..
Hey, I tend to veg 2+ months so I get big plants, It works for me to be able to turn a harvest every couple of months. My 4 ft tall plants under a 1000 watt hps I don't lolly pop but I do in a tent ( to some extent ) , I've seen 12 - 14 ft trees indoors with side lighting to boost side buds. I think we can get more weight off good buds from lower branches we tend to discard. They don't do that with apples / oranges/ pears/plumbs / peaches and so on.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hey, I tend to veg 2+ months so I get big plants, It works for me to be able to turn a harvest every couple of months. My 4 ft tall plants under a 1000 watt hps I don't lolly pop but I do in a tent ( to some extent ) , I've seen 12 - 14 ft trees indoors with side lighting to boost side buds. I think we can get more weight off good buds from lower branches we tend to discard. They don't do that with apples / oranges/ pears/plumbs / peaches and so on.
That is using your old noodle, PC! I agree! In my experience, Those small flowers down the stem are just as frosty and tasty as the ones up in the high rent district. More and more I find myself reaching for the jars of smalls to grind up as opposed to tearing up big buds. But we are talking a lot of smalls on outdoor plants. I don’t know about indoor, But as long as it doesn’t cost too much might be well worth the effort. I grow my plants sideways so those smalls tend to get a lot of exposure. I’m not about to just pluck them off early.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Outside if I have small buds down low I just take all the good stuff and give the small buds down low a couple more weeks or so to fill out etc.done this many many times..works really well.maybe you could try it once and see how you go 🙂
Ya if I had time and space to let them go I would but I'm usually pressed for space and my vegging girls need a place to go. I do a stagger harvest pulling 1 plant at a time over a week or so.

On my last harvest we had a hurricane blow through here and knocked out power for a couple of days. I had a Gelato at 11 weeks sitting in ? shade.....out of the light and sitting on my work bench with just emergency lighting off my generator.

Anyways long story short It sat in the shade for 4 days and I swear it was stickier and darker in color afterwards..... I'm going to repeat that on purpose this time with 1 or 2 plants and see if it was real or just a brain fart

sambapati

sambapati

Nov 23 2022
Wow I've been away from my den for a while, I came across these lights and I'm interested in both the linear & strip lights. I believe we lose too much of the plant to larf or lolly popping it all off. We spend 3 - 4 - 5 months growing beautiful plants and chop the bottom 2/3 off only to harvest the top fruit......Ya I know bigger badder but we're wasting a lot of what could be harvestable if we paid some attention to the lower parts of the plant.

They're posting a customized spectrum, not sure what that means but I'd like to find out what the could be customized into and if they're reasonable price....get some thing to help boost my lower growth.
View attachment 1305352View attachment 1305353View attachment 1305354
lightera.net
Yes, you can and should buy them! Onedrop in Australia used something similar called Bud Buddies. In a blind smoke test you cant tell the small buds from big ones so they should get a good chance for exposure. Life is a puzzle....good to experiment

Top Bottom